Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9023 9024 [9025] 9026 9027 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14544210 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #135360 on: July 09, 2018, 01:22:46 pm »

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #135361 on: July 09, 2018, 02:16:29 pm »

There's not much point in knowing your blood type
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135362 on: July 09, 2018, 02:22:39 pm »

:o
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #135363 on: July 09, 2018, 02:34:06 pm »

It might save your life. If that's not point enough, I don't know what is.

Of course, in most situations where you need a blood transfusion you aren't able to say it yourself so you should probably have your close ones know it too and/or have it on a card in your wallet or something.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135364 on: July 09, 2018, 02:37:10 pm »

Or, rather, finding out you're O- and realizing you should spend most of your time donating blood so that the rest of y'all fuckers don't need to bother with bloodtype.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #135365 on: July 09, 2018, 02:42:52 pm »

Of course, in most situations where you need a blood transfusion you aren't able to say it yourself so you should probably have your close ones know it too and/or have it on a card in your wallet or something.

I'd imagine that the reason that there isn't much point is that in the case of an emergency transfusion, you can always use O- blood. It only matters if you're the donor, and emergency donations are rare. Perhaps Dr. Poo has more insights, however.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 02:44:52 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135366 on: July 09, 2018, 02:46:19 pm »

*Shrugs*

I probably can't afford an emergency blood transfusion anyway.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135367 on: July 09, 2018, 02:47:12 pm »

But... how can you find out if you're romantically compatible with your sempai if you don't know your blood type?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #135368 on: July 09, 2018, 02:48:37 pm »

I think I would settle for the flamethrower test from The Thing.  So long as your blood doesn't try to eat me, I'll date you.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135369 on: July 09, 2018, 02:53:17 pm »

I think I would settle for the flamethrower test from The Thing.  So long as your blood doesn't try to eat me, I'll date you.

I stifled the urge to type up a number of adult euphemisms just now, thank you.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #135370 on: July 09, 2018, 03:10:03 pm »

From what I've heard, it's standard procedure to always do a blood test before giving someone a non-universal blood transfusion. Even if you have a card with your blood type on it or if you're perfectly lucid and remember your blood type from last time you gave blood, you still have to have your blood tested.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #135371 on: July 09, 2018, 04:29:00 pm »

From what I've heard, it's standard procedure to always do a blood test before giving someone a non-universal blood transfusion. Even if you have a card with your blood type on it or if you're perfectly lucid and remember your blood type from last time you gave blood, you still have to have your blood tested.
In a controlled medical setting, yes. Still. Knowing your blood type could save your life, or at the very least prevent nasty complications when you ever need a blood transfusion somewhere in abscence of testing equipment / staff.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #135372 on: July 09, 2018, 04:31:18 pm »

I stifled the urge to type up a number of adult euphemisms just now, thank you.
I can only imagine :o

In my own, I've run 70 miles in about 10 hours since I started tracking it maybe 40 days ago.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #135373 on: July 09, 2018, 04:47:13 pm »

It wont save jack because in most situations you're not going to be transfused without at the very least a basic assay being performed, and in the ones they wont they will give you O neg while they do it. Certainly noone will stop to ask you your opinion (mind you, if the information they get from you is wrong THEY might be liable).
In facr, I daresay the reason why most people don't know their blood group is that there is not much point in them knowing their blood group. About the only time I can think we grouped otherwise healthy people was to keep a record of them in the database because of special requirements.

In a controlled medical setting, yes. Still. Knowing your blood type could save your life, or at the very least prevent nasty complications when you ever need a blood transfusion somewhere in abscence of testing equipment / staff.

... and what situation is that exactly? If there is no equipment or staff  there is likely no blood either.  You want to jury rig a transfusion in the wild? Mind you, it kinda can be done if you're really desperate but you'll want to hack a crossmatch anyway. I'll grant you that in this hypothethical Bear Gryllis scenario it would be kind of handy for everyone to know their blood group,  but bear in mind you need to be far away enough for civilization for it to be necessary, yet to have enough equipment and technical skill to get it running. Not bloody likely! (pun very much intended)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #135374 on: July 09, 2018, 04:52:06 pm »

Checked into an airbnb place and found the dishes stacked up in the cupboard without being washed. Encrusted with dried food, some of it irremovable.

Who tf does that? Leaving them in the sink is lazy, but bothering to stack them without rinsing...

The owner's rating is certainly going to suffer. He may not have known, but he can take it up with the last guests.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 9023 9024 [9025] 9026 9027 ... 11037