Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8985 8986 [8987] 8988 8989 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524069 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134790 on: June 13, 2018, 10:32:41 am »

I don't mind that it exists, and I have listened to whole songs of it before, I just don't want it in mah pandurrah and for some reason the downvotes mean nothing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134791 on: June 13, 2018, 11:31:32 am »

I don't mind that it exists, and I have listened to whole songs of it before, I just don't want it in mah pandurrah and for some reason the downvotes mean nothing.
Downvotes mean nothing in the face of adding variety!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134792 on: June 13, 2018, 01:56:03 pm »

Just woke up at around 4:30 am after a bizarre series of extremely agitated dreams.
I mean, I tend to get nightmares whenever I try to get my sleep schedule back on track, but in this instance it had only been a short lapse and I didn't really have to force myself to try and sleep or anything. Also, these weren't nightmares and I didn't seem to be especially cold when I woke up, so it probably wasn't that either.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #134793 on: June 13, 2018, 01:58:38 pm »

You don't like music that's simply been sped up to sound sqeaky and occasionally remixed to sound like crappy techno music? wut r u stoopid?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #134794 on: June 13, 2018, 02:41:08 pm »

That reminds me, I've meant to get hold of Manos for ages. Because often when new bad films come up, someone often pops up and says "don't forget Manos!" so it must be really bad.
Wikipedia has the full version on its page
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134795 on: June 13, 2018, 02:58:14 pm »

That reminds me, I've meant to get hold of Manos for ages. Because often when new bad films come up, someone often pops up and says "don't forget Manos!" so it must be really bad.
Wikipedia has the full version on its page

Manos is one of those movies that you watch and then it becomes really funny halfway through because you realize they were serious when they made it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #134796 on: June 13, 2018, 03:26:48 pm »

You don't like music that's simply been sped up to sound sqeaky and occasionally remixed to sound like crappy techno music? wut r u stoopid?
What I don't like about Nightcore is it implies that the person posting the song put in way more work than they actually did (I have yet to see a single Nightcore song that creditted the original artist in any way).  Like its not its own genre and you didn't do anything near cool enough to earn the name "nightcore."
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #134797 on: June 13, 2018, 04:11:27 pm »

I have heard nightcore versions of vaporwave songs.
The most pointless thing ever
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #134798 on: June 13, 2018, 04:48:43 pm »

Yes, fellow cool humans, I agree. That thing you said is most enlightened, it could not have been put better.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134799 on: June 13, 2018, 04:51:55 pm »

Ah, Human Music!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134800 on: June 13, 2018, 05:10:24 pm »

Dosbox is hilarious. You can use it to install and emulate anything on the DOS kernel, including Windows 95.

You can in fact get Windows 95 running on Dosbox on an Android tablet then play Diablo 2 with touch-screen. I had it running on my cheapo version Samsung Galaxy Tab, and the frame rate was too choppy, but it runs. So yeah, Diablo II on a phone is totally doable if you want that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134801 on: June 13, 2018, 06:43:54 pm »

I have heard nightcore versions of vaporwave songs.
The most pointless thing ever
But have you heard vaporwave versions of nightcore songs??
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #134802 on: June 13, 2018, 06:49:55 pm »

Speaking of WTF and songs.

I've somehow been dragged once more into Percy Jackson fan music videos.

Send help.

The hole is deep, and my strength... depleted.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134803 on: June 13, 2018, 10:27:38 pm »

Throws a long rope woven of cat fur!

Don't worry. Cat videos will save the day!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134804 on: June 14, 2018, 06:45:02 am »

So, last year, I ordered a laptop power adapter to replace the one which had simply worn out on my old computer. I found a reasonably inexpensive offer on an online store (the model I needed was somewhat uncommon) that shipped specifically to nordic/scandinavian countries, and ordered it.

The adapter, despite being the same as my old one for all intents and purposes, wasn't fully acknowledged by the laptop and kept giving me "the power supply is unrecognized: Battery charging may be slow" errors whenever I plugged it in. I soon noticed some odd deterioration inside the stress relief on the cable, where the cable insulation appeared to be simply flaking off. Not long after, the adapter suffered a massive structural failure and one of the internal wires just fell the fuck apart. It had neatly severed itself inside the insulation.

Since this was after just 6 months of the product's 1-year warranty, I contacted the supplier and asked about making a claim. What happened then was a 4-month-long hair-pulling extravaganza as their customer support said that they would get right on the case, before going completely dark for another 3 weeks or a month when I'd send a reminder email.  After a couple months I managed to get the details necessary to pay them the shipping costs of sending me a new unit.

Even more months later, absolutely nothing has happened. When pressed, the customer service rep just said "Dear friend, we will send the replacement as soon as possible". That statement was repeated three times in as many months, after more than that many progressively more irritated reminder emails from me.

I eventually just escalated the claim via PayPal, telling them that the seller is clearly some scammy fuck selling shoddy bootlegs and running off with the money, which doesn't reflect nicely on PayPal. A week after escalating the claim, a replacement power adapter has arrived in the mail.

The adapter is of course a completely different model than the one I'd originally ordered, and since I've only just unpacked the damn thing, I can't tell whether or not it's going to fall apart provided I so much as plug it in... But even looking past the fact that it's a different item than what it's replacing (it's entirely possible that this thing is actually the legit product and of higher quality), the package is already pretty fucking funny.

If you thought bootleg Chinese engrish products are hilarious, how about a bootleg US customs form? Yes, the package had a nice big printed-and-pasted customs sheet attached to the outside wrapping, including all the weird typos and nonsensical formulation one would expect. Also a filled-out checkbox that was clearly printed onto the paper as an image, rather than actually being ticked by anyone. It also wasn't filled out properly, the parts of it that even could be filled out as specified.

Also note that the product was neither shipped from nor delivered to a location within the states.

Fuck this shit, man.
Pages: 1 ... 8985 8986 [8987] 8988 8989 ... 11037