Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8933 8934 [8935] 8936 8937 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14512190 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #134010 on: May 22, 2018, 03:05:57 pm »

TBF if you're a rogue trader being a weapon nut is a bonus but you can have small, or even large, armies to do the fighting for you. With a loyal Arch-militant at your side you can afford to hypocritically disdain weapons as they do your blood soaked work for you.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134011 on: May 22, 2018, 03:38:39 pm »

what do they want?  I mean, maybe refusing their services, and offers to contact equally unrequired medical service-providers, would do the trick?

For me to sell shit I made. But that shit was made out of a non-commercial license.

Someone used the wrong cleaning tray at work to clean some glue, and now a drum of imaging oil has been ruined. Guess who got to clean it up? Man do my hands sting. I wore gloves, not that they were much help.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134012 on: May 22, 2018, 03:40:09 pm »

what do they want?  I mean, maybe refusing their services, and offers to contact equally unrequired medical service-providers, would do the trick?

For me to sell shit I made. But that shit was made out of a non-commercial license

Explain that if you haven’t already?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134013 on: May 22, 2018, 03:44:22 pm »

I've shown off some 3d models I've made before. People are asking me to sell them on their site. Legally, due to the educational licenses on the programs I use, I cannot, and my account description on the site they said they found me from even says this.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134014 on: May 22, 2018, 05:06:01 pm »

So, according to Norwegian law, it is strictly illegal to own or use weapons such as blowpipes (for the firing of darts or other objects), slingshots (particularly funny because the Norwegian word for such can be directly translated to "bouncy pea"), electroshock weapons like Tasers (ranged or touch), pepperspray, "fighting gloves" (not sure what this means, specifically), shuriken, any sort of knvies, etc. etc... "Or any other particularly harmful weapon that does not have an 'honorable' use or can be seen as being violent articles (lit. 'violence products')".

...Except crossbows. You can own and operate a crossbow if you fulfill the standards of age, sobriety and responsibility, and get permission from your local police chief.

Also, technically you can kind of loophole it by carrying a tool of some sort, since it fills an "honorable" use. Bouncers and doormen (almost wrote doorknobs) seem to go for those nice heavy MagLite flashlights for their improvised weapons. So, wooden self-defense pocket sticks or some pepperspray? Illegal. Steel wrench? Yeah, sure.
(note: As with most laws here, there's a lot of interpretation being done by the legal system... If you're out on the town with a hammer in your pocket, nobody's going to let you off because it "serves a purpose". Probably).

Laws, man...

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134015 on: May 22, 2018, 05:11:43 pm »

But how are you supposed to get hammered on your night out if you don't carry a hammer?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134016 on: May 22, 2018, 05:14:59 pm »

Hmm...

I carry a dog choke-chain on my keys. I do this, because I clip my keys to my beltloop, so I cannot inadvertantly leave them in the ignition. It also doubles as a makeshift flail in short order (since it has nasty jaggy keys on the end! but the chain itself would be devastating enough as-is)

By Norwegian law, would that be "Dishonorable" enough to get the legal action?

(compare: Wallet chain)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:19:23 pm by wierd »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134017 on: May 22, 2018, 05:16:21 pm »

But how are you supposed to get hammered on your night out if you don't carry a hammer?

With a screwdriver.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134018 on: May 22, 2018, 05:19:23 pm »

@kagus: Maybe it meant knuckledusters by fighting gloves?

Also, pocket sticks? Are those like mini-nunchucks?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:21:50 pm by smjjames »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134019 on: May 22, 2018, 05:23:07 pm »

Just wear big gaudy costume rings instead of brass knucks. Honestly. (knuckleduster indeed.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:26:28 pm by wierd »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134020 on: May 22, 2018, 05:28:17 pm »

Hmm...

I carry a dog choke-chain on my keys. I do this, because I clip my keys to my beltloop, so I cannot inadvertantly leave them in the ignition. It also doubles as a makeshift flail in short order (since it has nasty jaggy keys on the end! but the chain itself would be devastating enough as-is)

By Norwegian law, would that be "Dishonorable" enough to get the legal action?

Difficult to say. On the one hand, it's a keychain... On the other, there's no *need* for that kind of keychain, and it likely looks pretty gnarly, and the law's wording seems to put emphasis on the outward appearance of the item in question. So, generally speaking, I'd say yeah. You'd probably only get shit for it if it ended up getting used against someone.

Also, keyflails are generally regarded as being pretty useless as self-defense weapons.

@kagus: Maybe it meant knuckledusters by fighting gloves?

Also, pocket sticks? Are those like mini-nunchucks?

Nope, knuckledusters are covered separately ("knuckle irons"). "Slåsshansker" literally means "gloves-for-fighting", so probably any sort of glove that's geared towards punching someone with. This almost certainly includes knuckle gloves, and probably applies to MMA gloves, but I have no idea if it would apply to boxing gloves. Again, probably up to interpretation by the justice department.

Pocket sticks are things like yawara, kubotan, or similar pocket-sized stick-shaped devices. So... Sorta, but not chained weapons (usually).

With a screwdriver.

Fockin' winner, mate.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134021 on: May 22, 2018, 05:29:56 pm »

After like the literal 150th or so time washing my wife's Yeti mug, I had a fork get stuck to the lid. I was like... WTF?

OH MY AMAZING ENGINEERING THAT'S HOW YOU CLEAN UNDER THE SLIDING CAP!

Seriously how did I miss that magnetic slider for 5 months!?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134022 on: May 22, 2018, 05:30:50 pm »

Just wear big gaudy costume rings instead of brass knucks. Honestly. (knuckleduster indeed.)

Funny thing, The Phantom was very popular in Norway back in the day. At least amongst the "My Dad" demographic.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134023 on: May 22, 2018, 05:34:40 pm »

Well, the ladies can always wear a fashionable hair accessory...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134024 on: May 22, 2018, 05:48:39 pm »

Hehe... Now, of course, the funny thing about both that and the rings to some extent, is that it's going to wreck your hand at least as much as you hurt the other guy.

Bit like putting nails on a shotgun buttstock, or decorating your airbag with crystals.
Pages: 1 ... 8933 8934 [8935] 8936 8937 ... 11037