Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8932 8933 [8934] 8935 8936 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14512194 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133995 on: May 21, 2018, 07:57:22 pm »

Blocking annoying emails doesn't seem to work once they start using multiple accounts. I might actually have to reply now. I know this bit's is in jest, but it really seems off.

"You haven't responded to our emails yet, and we are starting to worry about you. Do you need us to contact emergency services for you?"
I don't know what you mean by annoying emails, but.  They really can't do that, emergency services people can levy hefty fines for false alarms.  At least in the US, any call to 911 is recorded so they'll know it wasn't you.

I would strongly consider not replying to whoever this is.  Responding to spammers in any way will make them go "oh, this is a real person" and triple their efforts to annoy you.  If this is not a spammer but in fact someone you know... you don't need to know them anymore.  The multiple accounts thing is already ridiculous.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #133997 on: May 21, 2018, 08:55:04 pm »

The 40k universe started out as a massive parody anyway, so why not. This looks pretty funny.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133998 on: May 21, 2018, 09:04:45 pm »

Spoiler: pic from link (click to show/hide)

Lol the mechanicus girl has gears for shoulder padding.  Its so cute, because they tried to keep it kid-safe.  Just give her the bionic arm; thats exactly the kind of play kids would engage in anyway.  In fact, it looks like her upper arm is in fact a tube thats painted the color of her flesh, that kind of morphs back into a human arm to make a hand.   So that she can use her pip-boy, apparently.

P:

A real kid's story
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybq-eP0Uq8M
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 09:07:14 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133999 on: May 21, 2018, 09:08:50 pm »

Make it like the Famous Five but set in 40K. Or they can make Skippy the Squiq, featuring a young Ork boy and his clever squiq.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134000 on: May 21, 2018, 10:07:09 pm »

I don't know what you mean by annoying emails, but.  They really can't do that, emergency services people can levy hefty fines for false alarms.  At least in the US, any call to 911 is recorded so they'll know it wasn't you.

I would strongly consider not replying to whoever this is.  Responding to spammers in any way will make them go "oh, this is a real person" and triple their efforts to annoy you.  If this is not a spammer but in fact someone you know... you don't need to know them anymore.  The multiple accounts thing is already ridiculous.

I've complained here before, but this has been going on for several weeks now. I don't know them, but this isn't just random spam; they've mentioned my name in the emails and where they've found my email address from. My personal, "professional" email is listed on a few sites I'm required to use for school.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 10:28:35 pm by BlackFlyme »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134001 on: May 22, 2018, 02:47:04 am »

I've complained here before, but this has been going on for several weeks now. I don't know them, but this isn't just random spam; they've mentioned my name in the emails and where they've found my email address from. My personal, "professional" email is listed on a few sites I'm required to use for school.
what do they want?  I mean, maybe refusing their services, and offers to contact equally unrequired medical service-providers, would do the trick?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #134002 on: May 22, 2018, 02:58:34 am »

"You haven't responded to our emails yet, and we are starting to worry about you. Do you need us to contact emergency services for you?"
"Yes."

*Fridge Logic*
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134003 on: May 22, 2018, 05:00:11 am »

Spoiler: pic from link (click to show/hide)

Lol the mechanicus girl

Dude, that dude's a dude.

Also, hmm... Tom Huddleston... Oh yeah, that's some dude who wrote a few Star Wars books. So at least there are some serious writing chops behind the project.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #134004 on: May 22, 2018, 06:18:20 am »

Also, hmm... Tom Huddleston... Oh yeah, that's some dude who wrote a few Star Wars books. So at least there are some serious writing chops behind the project.
He's got no serious writing chops, his credentials are all about taking a setting and watering it down to be palatable to parents who want their kids to enjoy a violent setting without violence

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134005 on: May 22, 2018, 06:51:47 am »

He's got no serious writing chops, his credentials are all about taking a setting and watering it down to be palatable to parents who want their kids to enjoy a violent setting without violence

Woosh.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134006 on: May 22, 2018, 07:27:15 am »

Its androgynous for a reason, but my guess is its a girl.  I see the other as a boy.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #134007 on: May 22, 2018, 08:12:36 am »

Woosh.
I don't read/watch Star Wars, so any reference thus is missed

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134008 on: May 22, 2018, 09:39:38 am »

Its androgynous for a reason, but my guess is its a girl.  I see the other as a boy.

https://warhammeradventures.com/warhammer-40000/

Scroll down to "meet the characters", it gives a quick description of the major players. And apparently Martians are Finnish, because "Mekki" strikes me as something a Finn would be named...

Woosh.
I don't read/watch Star Wars, so any reference thus is missed
I wouldn't generally consider "some dude who wrote a couple Star Wars books" to be the equivalent of "serious writing chops", is what I'm saying. I also don't tend to use the phrase "serious writing chops" in any serious manner, but that's another matter.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #134009 on: May 22, 2018, 02:43:20 pm »

https://warhammeradventures.com/warhammer-40000/

Scroll down to "meet the characters", it gives a quick description of the major players. And apparently Martians are Finnish, because "Mekki" strikes me as something a Finn would be named...
Huh. Zelia's mother hated weapons. In 40k land. As what seems to be reading as a rogue trader or something close to it, that was actively hunting up xenotech.

... how did she survive long enough to have kids, exactly?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 8932 8933 [8934] 8935 8936 ... 11037