Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8931 8932 [8933] 8934 8935 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14511846 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133980 on: May 19, 2018, 01:25:31 pm »

We are having ridiculous PC issues at work today.

One of our desktop PC's just entered airplane mode of it's own volition. This is not a laptop, or a laptop hooked up to a docking station. It is a giant 5-year old brick of a PC.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133981 on: May 19, 2018, 02:00:08 pm »

When your paperweights stop beeping its time to office space them.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133982 on: May 19, 2018, 02:37:30 pm »

Y'all is a perfectly good contraction for general use and I don't even live near Texas! ;p

Indeed I use y'all all the time at work in my "Y'all have a good night" with groups.  It's easier than saying "you all". 

I also use "yer" a lot in typing because I am never confident I'm spelling "you're" of "your" right(or using the right one).  Even looking at it now I don't feel like it's right.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 02:39:04 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133983 on: May 19, 2018, 04:42:16 pm »

The promoted someone to supervisor today. Somebody who, if I had any say, would not even be working there. She's extremely mean, ignores most company policies and guidelines(and not just the safety ones), and shortly after her promotion was announced she rammed a rack into me from behind because she couldn't be bothered to look where she was pushing it, much less apologize for it. She also has a sister who is even worse in every way.

My own sister was apparently promised the position(even if it's, technically, a step down), and was specifically told they wouldn't promote the above girl because of her attitude problems.

And just when I thought things were actually improving, Nope! Gotta take those steps backwards!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #133984 on: May 19, 2018, 07:12:10 pm »

You do realize that anonymous OSHA complaints are a thing, don't you? Many of the things you post about violate workplace safety standards.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133985 on: May 19, 2018, 07:27:43 pm »

OSHA, and also talk with the people in charge to let them know that there really was a reason for not promoting the chick. Sometimes higher-ups get confused and fuck up who's who. It's important to gently correct them when they do, otherwise they'll never learn.

Although, that said, pretty much the exact thing happened at my GF's place of employment, and that girl kept the position despite absolutely everyone parallel or below her saying "This bitch is fucking unstable and useless". Then she resigned because she really is just unstable and useless. That was after the company was bought out and downsized into invalidity. Hope that helps!

My "huh" for the day is that my internet connection has decided to crap right the fuck out, apparently. Been trying to play some games on BYOND, but I get a crippling amount of one-way lag wherein I can see everything happening and carrying on around me, but my input gets delayed by about 20-30 seconds, except when it just gets lost completely.

The ISP kinda shat itself a couple days ago too. On Thursday the entire area just lost internet access for over an hour. Probably weather-related though, it was a really nice clear day and they just wanted people to go outside and enjoy the sunshine.

Didn't work.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133986 on: May 19, 2018, 09:26:58 pm »

Are you just always getting into arguments with total nutters?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133987 on: May 19, 2018, 09:49:01 pm »

I get the sense that there is quite a bit of nepotism (to the point of it being unhealthy) going on within akuras workplace, and not just within akuras own family (since he, his sister, and his mom also work there) and I don’t recall if this is a family owned/operated thing (by akuras family at least) or not.

It may also be part of the reason that he hasnt left a metaphorical shitpile behind and exited long ago.

There’s nothing inherently wrong with family owned/operated businesses, just that it’s possible to get to a point where it’s unhealthy, which varies from business to business and from family to family.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 10:10:59 pm by smjjames »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133988 on: May 20, 2018, 05:41:06 am »

and his mom also work there

Err, no, no she doesn't work there. It's not a family business, it's a large chain with over 300 stores throughout the US, Canada, and Australia.

And as for the nepotism thing, yes, it's a pretty large hypocrisy for me to complain about it, but while my sister did help get me the job, I've worked for it every single day since. They consider me a valuable employee, or at least they tell me that on a regular basis regardless of whether they mean it or not.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #133989 on: May 20, 2018, 08:41:06 am »

Huh. Well, that's a new one in my punch wizard asshole main character experience. Dark King, MC's reaction to a problem later on is "let's cultivate drugs and addict as much of the population to it as we can, with the express intent of using them as wrung out coke whore cannon fodder".

Like, I've seen "drug the population" before (Ark), but it was (mostly) with the intent of roid raging an otherwise pacifist/ineffective group that was facing an existential threat. This one's doing it just to save his own ass and screw with people, and given the setting it's less "save his own ass" and more "use the addiction and probable death of thousands/tens of thousands as a minor distraction that probably won't work".
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133990 on: May 20, 2018, 08:44:13 am »

Is this another one of those "Fuck with the DM as much as you can" games?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #133991 on: May 20, 2018, 08:56:50 am »

Nah, it's a web/light novel type thing. Vaguely in the direction of wuxia/xanxia or whatever the words are stuff. Martial arts fantasy, this one by way of post-apocalypse sci-fi.

Like, I keep reading the stuff because I've apparently been jonesing all my life for people throwing mountains at people, but it's worth noting the general quality of the protag/main character's ethics in these things have a very strong trend towards fucking atrocious, worse than casual murderhobo adventurer stuff. You get used to the casual mass murder/occasional rape/regular slavery/etc., but from time to time you run into an example of extra!bastard.

So far this one had mostly just been casual mass murder, even! Almost a paragon among morally bankrupt fooxia character, really. But then the intentional drug epidemic, eeyy.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:59:39 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133992 on: May 20, 2018, 09:36:39 am »

and his mom also work there

Err, no, no she doesn't work there. It's not a family business, it's a large chain with over 300 stores throughout the US, Canada, and Australia.

And as for the nepotism thing, yes, it's a pretty large hypocrisy for me to complain about it, but while my sister did help get me the job, I've worked for it every single day since. They consider me a valuable employee, or at least they tell me that on a regular basis regardless of whether they mean it or not.

I apologize then. Must have misunderstood/misinterpreted somewhere.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133993 on: May 21, 2018, 06:30:41 pm »

Blocking annoying emails doesn't seem to work once they start using multiple accounts. I might actually have to reply now. I know this bit's is in jest, but it really seems off.

"You haven't responded to our emails yet, and we are starting to worry about you. Do you need us to contact emergency services for you?"

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #133994 on: May 21, 2018, 07:25:03 pm »

Found out that a semi-cousin of mine fatally OD'd the other day. That's the second one this week. Not close kin (in either sense), but still jarring.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 8931 8932 [8933] 8934 8935 ... 11037