Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8879 8880 [8881] 8882 8883 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14518978 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #133200 on: April 27, 2018, 11:27:31 am »

While I agree that too much busywork in design is tiring and ends up being visual noise for the most part, I'm not sure where you're seeing this in LotR? If anything, the movie was full of simple, nice designs that made sense for the setting.
Mainly thinking of the extras. The protagonists had pretty good outfit designs, but I recall most of the random soldiers in the battle scenes had overly detailed armor, especially the elves.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #133201 on: April 27, 2018, 11:28:28 am »

aside from the potential health issues, and the ethical issues of allowing athletes to expose themselves to those health risks)
It's all voluntary! Plus we womt know how risky it is until we do it!

...it's not like regular sports and sport healthcare hasn't serious effects on athlete's health anyway. At least in my system the health risk is acknowledged
economically poorer countries would be at a marked disadvantage due to a lack of resources with which to beef up their contenders.
Two words: corporate sponsors!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133202 on: April 27, 2018, 11:38:49 am »

Man I want a robot Olympics, with legged robots doing races and stuff

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133203 on: April 27, 2018, 11:42:04 am »

While I agree that too much busywork in design is tiring and ends up being visual noise for the most part, I'm not sure where you're seeing this in LotR? If anything, the movie was full of simple, nice designs that made sense for the setting.
Mainly thinking of the extras. The protagonists had pretty good outfit designs, but I recall most of the random soldiers in the battle scenes had overly detailed armor, especially the elves.
Elves like showing off so its not surprising their rank and file have elaborate armour.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #133204 on: April 27, 2018, 11:44:33 am »

Mixed with their immortality/longevity, and their historically brilliant smiths, it's not too surprising that they would accrue both the wealth to purchase highly stylised armour but also the skills to make it.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #133205 on: April 27, 2018, 02:13:05 pm »

Could also limit money spent per country. But again we are running into another area that could be easily fiddled with.

It would be great to see some coke legs sprinting around with a wet noodle of a human seemingly slapped on top

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133206 on: April 27, 2018, 02:16:20 pm »

Mixed with their immortality/longevity, and their historically brilliant smiths, it's not too surprising that they would accrue both the wealth to purchase highly stylised armour but also the skills to make it.

Remember also that elves are massive cheaters in everything they do, and by virtue of Elf Physics the ultra-gilded ornate decorations and such probably make everything more efficient somehow.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133207 on: April 27, 2018, 02:17:43 pm »

And the contestant from Britain, an actual centaur, wins the 100 meter dash! The Genetic-Engineering Olympics sure are great this year, Bob.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #133208 on: April 27, 2018, 02:28:24 pm »

Right we’re having two unrelated conversations happening simultaneously, and it’s really funny assuming it’s the same one.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133209 on: April 27, 2018, 02:30:39 pm »

I see no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't combine discussions and have a conversation about how we could should definitely genetically engineer the Olympics so that various high fantasy creatures can be borne into the world solely to compete for our amusement.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133210 on: April 27, 2018, 02:37:32 pm »

It would be unequal to the countries with less resources, and also probably result in some super unethical stuff from some nations.

But it would also push the boundaries of science and human augmentation and modification.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133211 on: April 27, 2018, 02:40:17 pm »

It would be unequal to the countries with less resources, and also probably result in some super unethical stuff from some nations.

But it would also push the boundaries of science and human augmentation and modification.

It would also be great for outreach, since it'd make all the queasiness about GMOs unpatriotic.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133212 on: April 27, 2018, 02:43:02 pm »

IIRC a while back cyclists from high-altitude countries were triggering blood-doping detection.  They naturally had more red blood cells due to the rarefied air.

So nowadays cyclists train in such places, if the teams can afford it, for much of the year in order to achieve basically the same effect as blood doping.  Legally.

What is the point of all this supposed to be?  Being the best takes money, genetics, *and* herculean effort.  Just for entertainment?  I lost what interest I had in sports when Lance Armstrong was caught cheating.
Except for American Football - a sport which obviously leads to repetitive brain injuries, especially in college students, but at least the team dynamics are more interesting than watching individuals pointlessly optimized against each other.  It's like watching a live wargame, but more popular than RTS esports.  For now.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133213 on: April 27, 2018, 02:57:31 pm »

No but now all the cyclists have the upper body of a human and the lower body of a cybernetic motorcycle. Also they have bazookas.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133214 on: April 27, 2018, 03:12:26 pm »

No but now all the cyclists have the upper body of a human and the lower body of a cybernetic motorcycle. Also they have bazookas.

Introducing: The Motorcentaur!
Pages: 1 ... 8879 8880 [8881] 8882 8883 ... 11037