Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8828 8829 [8830] 8831 8832 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520243 times)

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132435 on: April 10, 2018, 11:11:44 am »

No, it's okay to talk to new people so long as you don't become friends with them. The issue is when you are at limit, talking to an acquaintance, and you realize you are becoming friends with them. That's when you need to cut them off.

Are you serious
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132436 on: April 10, 2018, 11:21:49 am »

Dilution is the solution. There isn't exactly a great way to counteract formaldehyde, so they tried to flush it out. I'm no doctor either, but I'm pretty sure the logic here was that it was the best option available and couldn't possibly introduce worse failures than the formaldehyde.
Fair enough.
One wheel short of a wagon

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132437 on: April 10, 2018, 11:46:43 am »

Man, if you build a wall out of money don't expect me to leave it standing.
If we can build walls out of kitten tallow, we can make this work.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #132438 on: April 10, 2018, 12:10:36 pm »

Dilution is the solution.

[Angry stares]

No, it's okay to talk to new people so long as you don't become friends with them. The issue is when you are at limit, talking to an acquaintance, and you realize you are becoming friends with them. That's when you need to cut them off.

Are you serious

His name is Criptfeind, not Criptfreind.
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132439 on: April 10, 2018, 12:25:42 pm »

[Angry stares]

In a short locution, the solution to the pollution is dilution with solution, before dissolution of course.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #132440 on: April 10, 2018, 12:44:48 pm »

So, during a routine surgery to remove an ovarian cyst, a Russian woman was given an IV of formaldehyde, rather than saline. Whoopsie.

How... How does that even happen? Like, okay, I can get not reading the label on the bag of clear fluid after the 500th drip you've set up, but how the hell were saline and formalin even stored in remotely the same place? What the actual?
Yekaterina Fedyaeva received a dose of formaldehyde instead of saline in the abdomen.

Doesnt sound like an IV?

Anyway, when you remove something from someone you have to place it in a container with a preservative, often formalin.  My guess is that someone mistook one of those containers for an actual therapeutical and either injected it in an IV bag or directly in the patient. Doesnt sound as much as something the senior doctor did as it does as a major fuckup down the line, possibly by having someone very junior do something fairly complex with no oversight.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132441 on: April 10, 2018, 01:03:49 pm »

[Angry stares]

In a short locution, the solution to the pollution is dilution with solution, before dissolution of course.
But evolution's the solution if you're gonna win.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132442 on: April 10, 2018, 01:06:46 pm »

Got paperwork for a drug test I need to do for work.  I need to complete it within 48 hours.  Required to make an appointment.

Drug testing place is closed today because Tuesday (I guess, they are literally just closed Tuesdays and Thursdays), and they won't make appointments over voicemail according to their message.  Website is barebones and has no method for making an appointment.  I can go in before work tomorrow, but that gives me a 1 hour window to make an appointment for that very moment, get in, get out, and get back to the other side of town in uniform and ready to work, because they apparently close for 2 hours everyday for lunch.

First off wtf are those hours and how can anyone have the gall to say 'you have 48 hours, appointments are required, you must do this in your own time and it cannot conflict with your work schedule.' and then only be open for literally 6 of those hours.  And second how do people not know this?  I'm off friday, why not just put my 48 hours then so I can actually do it? 

EDIT: It's not like I'm being drug tested disciplinary or anything.  It's a promotion drug test.  The 48 hours itself is silly because I've known a drug test of some kind was coming for about a month, If I had to detox or whatever it's called I had plenty of forewarning to do so, the 48 hours is just silly.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:25:55 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132443 on: April 10, 2018, 01:28:16 pm »

‘cause you’re obviously going to be doing the Charlie around the time you need to be working, ‘cause obviously the best time to enjoy your high is when you’re being paid for it, and not in the comfort of your own home/in the bar/choking to death on your vomit in an alley.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132444 on: April 10, 2018, 03:49:26 pm »

I copied my teacher's code for android studio class to the letter, even used the file he gave us last week

Gradle exploded on me and rendered the class file unusable

Trying very hard to code a straight flush in Java and its getting to the point that the code is making my head hurt

And I was bear witness to the thing called Squidwards Toenail (DO NOT LOOK THIS UP UNLESS YOU ARE OK WITH WATCHING SOMETHING UTTERLY GROSS AND MILDLY MORBID. It actually aired, so its not gore/NSFW or anything, but it fucked me right up). I think it broke me because I couldn't stop laughing for an hour despite it being up there for some of the most disturbing things I ever saw...
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132445 on: April 10, 2018, 04:11:53 pm »

Is that the scene where squidward gets his toenail ripped off by a couch, House fancy IIRC I also like the scene that was removed after first airing in one episode where squidward gets magic underwater burning gasoline and set on fire twice, and those scenes where squidward looks like he's gonna kill himself but doesn't

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132446 on: April 10, 2018, 04:15:19 pm »

Are you serious

His name is Criptfeind, not Criptfreind.
And don't call him Surely.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132447 on: April 10, 2018, 04:18:46 pm »

Doesnt sound like an IV?
Some news sites called it an IV, some called it an injection, others just said "a dose". Not sure what protocol is for this kind of procedure, figured IV made most sense. Then again, they do mention the abdominal cavity, which hopefully isn't what your veins are spewing out into.

And would they be preserving the cysts? Presumably a fluid-filled cyst looks different from a solid mass on imaging, so there wouldn't be call for a biopsy to determine malignancy. Dunno why you'd use preservatives on something that's just going to get incinerated, but I am also not a doctor, so I wouldn't know.

[Angry stares]

But evolution's the solution if you're gonna win.

There was a sign on the water heater/fluid appliance building across from where I used to work that said "(COMPANY NAME): Making water solutions". I thought that was funny.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132448 on: April 10, 2018, 04:33:48 pm »

Hey, you should've tried out the back-end warehouse software for the online store I used to work with.

"Hey, so, here are fifteen fields you need to fill out precisely, otherwise the entire system will hang and make duplicates. Also, if you click back to a previous field to fix something, all fields will reset and dump their contents. Also our latest patch disabled you from actually putting up articles for sale on your website. That was the patch to fix the previous patch where we removed the images from every single item in your store, which still hasn't been addressed yet. Also, we think that we provide a pretty damn good solution for your needs, so we will outright refuse to recognize complaints. And we'll bill you extra hours if you ask us to replace information that we've accidentally deleted due to incompetence. Have a nice day!"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #132449 on: April 10, 2018, 04:35:07 pm »

Day ten. Chaos reigns.

Chrome has forsaken me. Only by glutting myself on the fetid meat of Internet Explorer my I continue with my futile existence.

Death is an embrace... life, computer based madness.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8828 8829 [8830] 8831 8832 ... 11037