Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8820 8821 [8822] 8823 8824 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524234 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #132315 on: April 05, 2018, 01:33:13 pm »

Thanks for the heads up!
Is it any good barebones with no DLC?

It's not bad without DLC, kinda limited in terms of who you can actually play as because non-Christian religions are DLC locked, but Christian Europe is what the game was designed around. Usual suggested list of DLCs is only about three specific ones with the rest as more or less optional.

DLC goes on sale quite often as well, so it's not hard to snap it up cheap.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132316 on: April 05, 2018, 01:36:06 pm »

Offing up a game so old with so much DLC available makes sense.  Every single DLC purchased from here on out is monies  But it might also mark a winding down of the games development.

CKIII When?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132317 on: April 05, 2018, 01:36:19 pm »

Nice! I've been wanting to try CKII ever since I noticed how persistent the thread for it in other games forum is.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #132318 on: April 05, 2018, 01:46:55 pm »

They've added a very large percentage of the DLC improvements in free patches. There's still a lot (and I mean a lot) that is left out, but the fundamental gameplay works well enough.

Luckily, if you find it to be halfway decent, most of the really useful DLCs aren't all that pricey, and are half-off right now on Steam. Granted, six or seven DLCs at $4-$7 each (US, I don't have access to the European store, although I think the prices and sales are usually equivalent) adds up to a fairly decent chunk of change, but it isn't too bad, and you can cut that down if you don't want to play Muslim, Indian, Norse, or Republican rulers.

The most important DLCs are the Reapers Due (adds epidemics), Way of Life (adds a lot of extra things for your rulers to do), Sons of Abraham (adds Jews to the game, and more importantly expands the implementation of Christianity massively, adding a lot to the game), and Legacy of Rome (adds factions, retinues (standing armies), ruler ambitions).

Sword of Islam (adds Muslim rulers to the game), Rajahs of India (adds Indian rulers to the game), The Old Gods (adds Norse rulers to the game and allows an earlier start date), The Horse Lords (adds Eastern Europe and Central Asian civilization to the game, along with Mongol rulers) and The Republic (adds Republics to the game) are all pretty nice.

Monks and Mystics (adds cults), Sunset Invasion (adds a non-historical Aztec invasion as a balancer for the Mongol invasion (which mostly affects Eastern lands) against Western rulers), Conclave (puts your advisors in a council that can oppose your decisions), and Jade Dragon (adds trade with China) are more controversial.

Right now, a lot of the good DLCs, along with their cosmetic add-ons, are available in a $40 bundle.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132319 on: April 05, 2018, 01:49:09 pm »

So on a whim I got the game Epistory: Typing Chronicles on Steam, and it's a darling little typing game... with some just plain evil moments of difficulty. One of the boss monsters you only have to type one word... one 35-letter word on a short time limit. Actually, it might have been longer, I'm just guessing 35, but 35 letters seems realistic for that bullshit. I mean, I beat him, but holy shit. You also get simultaneously barreled down on by several smaller bosses, so you have to type out words like counterjurisdictional, misappropriatization, and misrepresentational on, you guessed it, a real short time limit. This is a step-up from Typing Shark Deluxe.

Otherwise, the whole game is very charming, and the diction present is very large and includes a lot of words I've never heard of before, which I like.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132320 on: April 05, 2018, 01:56:21 pm »

Ooh. CK.

Also, woah. DLC expensive as heck.
Makes me worried for the future of HoI
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #132321 on: April 05, 2018, 02:10:39 pm »

I bit the bullet and finally got into CK2+all the DLCs back when Jade Dragon came out and I gotta say
10/10 will castrate and blind all my council members again
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #132322 on: April 05, 2018, 02:16:12 pm »

I liked Monks and Mystics and Conclave, even though they are fairly feature-light. That being said, I´d agree that

Reapers Due (adds epidemics), Way of Life (adds a lot of extra things for your rulers to do), Sons of Abraham (adds Jews to the game, and more importantly expands the implementation of Christianity massively, adding a lot to the game), and Legacy of Rome (adds factions, retinues (standing armies), ruler ambitions).

Sword of Islam (adds Muslim rulers to the game), Rajahs of India (adds Indian rulers to the game), The Old Gods (adds Norse rulers to the game and allows an earlier start date), The Horse Lords (adds Eastern Europe and Central Asian civilization to the game, along with Mongol rulers) and The Republic (adds Republics to the game) are all pretty nice.

Sunset invasion has... very little in the way of content. Can skip that, I think
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132323 on: April 05, 2018, 02:18:56 pm »

The aztecs are so poorly implemented that they often undermine themselves.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #132324 on: April 05, 2018, 02:41:26 pm »

Sweet fornication the TV babbling heads were citing harvard studies claiming a link between using less eye-stabbing color themes on social media and being depressed, and saying that wanting less eye strain is a reason to pay extra attention to your child's mental health. Their flailing insistence in calling it "filters" make me think they might be talking about stuff like f.lux, too.

Someone make it end before it starts, high intensity/bright color schemes are the headache devil ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #132325 on: April 05, 2018, 04:35:59 pm »

Regarding DLC, Sword of Islam is peng and will greatly expand the list of playable characters you can play as, definitely would recommend it higher in the list. Sons of Abraham, Sword of Islam, Old Gods, Horse Lords and Rajahs of India will unlock 99% of all possible governments and religions you can play as. That said, Rajahs of India is usually not that important, as games in the Indian continent tend to be extraordinarily difficult to progress as a Dharmic faith. Old Gods gets an honourable mention for unlocking Zoroastrians, who are very fun

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #132326 on: April 05, 2018, 05:43:31 pm »

Old gods is also great if you're like my and prefer to play as pagans.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #132327 on: April 05, 2018, 05:53:04 pm »

Old gods is also great if you're like my and prefer to play as pagans.
Norse pagans are fun, but imo Zoroastrians with their organized/incest playstyle coupled with their incredibly precarious starting position (and the fact that even if they successfully repel the Abbablobs, must deal with future Turkic or Mongol hordes) makes them a very unique playthrough. From the Old Gods, even though defensive pagans don't get love, I'd say they're underrated too. Trying to hold back the Catholics and Orthodox is Fun like crazy as a defensive pagan, you very much get that feel for holding back the tide with your asymmetrical balkan pagan afghanistan speshul taktiks

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #132328 on: April 05, 2018, 06:04:08 pm »

That said, Rajahs of India is usually not that important, as games in the Indian continent tend to be extraordinarily difficult to progress as a Dharmic faith.
How so? India games resemble Christian games but with a once-per-ruler Subjugation CB you can use. The main thing I found frustrating last time I played India was the huge amount of waiting I had to do at the awkward stage where I controlled most of India, but not all of it, and had no way to attack the remaining king, so I couldn't make the empire yet.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132329 on: April 05, 2018, 06:06:38 pm »

Zunists have pretty much the same issues as the Zoroastrians, starting in more or less the same place. At least in the 7...67? start.

India isn't particularly interesting, but the addition of China as an off-map issue to deal with has added a bit of spice to it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 8820 8821 [8822] 8823 8824 ... 11037