Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8780 8781 [8782] 8783 8784 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14576578 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131715 on: March 19, 2018, 08:09:43 pm »

You take your straight-edge lifestyle and get out of here!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131716 on: March 19, 2018, 08:15:55 pm »

I vote for a new terminology, sobrietasexual. From the latin root "sobrietas", it refers to a person who identifies sexually as alcohol.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131717 on: March 19, 2018, 08:29:58 pm »

Senators and Congressmen (as well as business owners), which tend not to make perfect, incorruptible decisions ever.
FTFY

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #131718 on: March 19, 2018, 09:05:59 pm »

"Why would I want to hire you, you're a killer!"

"I don't want a sermon, I want a job."

Uh. Just sayin', but I can't help but think "is murderer" is something that justifiably impacts employment conditions. Maybe. Just a lil'.

Ruddy westerns.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131719 on: March 19, 2018, 09:26:20 pm »

"Why would I want to hire you, you're a killer!"

"I don't want a sermon, I want a job."

Uh. Just sayin', but I can't help but think "is murderer" is something that justifiably impacts employment conditions. Maybe. Just a lil'.

Ruddy westerns.

Is there some context to this I'm missing?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #131720 on: March 19, 2018, 09:27:22 pm »

He is very subtly insulting your mother. Nay, your entire ancestry!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #131721 on: March 19, 2018, 09:30:27 pm »

I'll deny that until I get fed up with arguing about it and throw a shot glass full of boiling soda at you.

... in any case, the context is the last line. Didn't bother to see which one it actually was, or what the scene was, or anything else. Just heard the lines in passing and wtf'd.
Ask not!
Ask!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131722 on: March 19, 2018, 09:33:17 pm »

I will thusly engage the “yuh huh” to your “nuh uh” and consequently gain the upper hand in this battle of wits.

No boiling soda please.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #131723 on: March 19, 2018, 09:34:28 pm »

My patience is remarkably short at the moment, but accommodating nonetheless! *throws a shot glass full of boiling tea at you*
Ask not!
Ask!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131724 on: March 19, 2018, 09:36:26 pm »

Well... this has been a dumpster fire of a thread.

It'd be great if people were to read up on these things before going "I don't get why (x)" cuz it's pretty well laid out... Uh. Everywhere. Often.

And if they thought through the implications of things... Like having a big muscley bearded bloke in the womens room, cuz that's his "biological sex" as a trans man. Good job, you've made everyone uncomfortable!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131725 on: March 19, 2018, 09:57:14 pm »

Well... this has been a dumpster fire of a thread.

It'd be great if people were to read up on these things before going "I don't get why (x)" cuz it's pretty well laid out... Uh. Everywhere. Often.

And if they thought through the implications of things... Like having a big muscley bearded bloke in the womens room, cuz that's his "biological sex" as a trans man. Good job, you've made everyone uncomfortable!
So "trans man" means someone who was a man before the operation? That was always confusing to me (as in, was ambiguous).
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131726 on: March 19, 2018, 10:01:49 pm »

No, trans man is someone who was designated as a woman at birth and transitioned to presenting as a man.

That's why in a world where you're forced into your "sex" bathroom, you have blokes like
Spoiler: This Guy (click to show/hide)
being in a womens room and making everybody uncomfortable, including himself.

E: it's also less ambiguous if you think about it in terms of "Who's more likely to say 'Trans woman' as opposed to 'man in a dress' or something else equally dreadful? Someone acknowledging their gender or someone misgendering them?"

In that situation, it's easy to see that "trans woman" means "someone transitioning and presenting as a woman" and the same for "trans man" = "someone transitioning to present as a man"
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:05:57 pm by Descan »
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131727 on: March 19, 2018, 10:13:54 pm »

I know there are a handful of trans folk around these parts, so I will make an attempt at asking a question which makes me seem very confrontational and lazy at the same time, though merely coming from a position of ignorance (and laziness): is the term “trans man/woman” preferred over just calling a trans man a woman by the trans man?

If so, why? Or is it something of an individual preference?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131728 on: March 19, 2018, 10:30:52 pm »

I know there are a handful of trans folk around these parts, so I will make an attempt at asking a question which makes me seem very confrontational and lazy at the same time, though merely coming from a position of ignorance (and laziness): is the term “trans man/woman” preferred over just calling a trans man a woman by the trans man?

If so, why? Or is it something of an individual preference?

Descan clarified that trans man means woman before, man after, so a trans man would like to be called just a man, if anything.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131729 on: March 19, 2018, 10:35:09 pm »

Unless you're specifically talking about the fact of being trans, such as regarding health care access and needs or discrimination, or just the day-to-day differences that comes with being trans? Generally it's preferred to just call them by their gender, man, woman, or whatever, and ditching the "trans" prefix.

I say generally because some people prefer the trans prefix and some don't. So it's only a rule of thumb, to not draw unwanted attention to the person unless you're told they have an otherwise preference, by the person in question. Like, unless you know what they want, then simply call them a man and not accidentally force them Out because you wouldn't know if they ARE Out of the Closet to the people in earshot, for example.

It's pretty basic, I think. Don't draw potentially unwanted attention by adding unnecessary qualifiers, unless the person in question wants those qualifiers. :B
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:38:44 pm by Descan »
Pages: 1 ... 8780 8781 [8782] 8783 8784 ... 11041