Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8760 8761 [8762] 8763 8764 ... 11041

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14575390 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131415 on: March 10, 2018, 07:23:58 pm »

GrimthR, hells yeah!!  It's almost like the prophet is inundated by silly nerds and learns from his mistakes :P
I starred in a Grimthr LCS run once.  Hard to imagine now, for a couple reasons, but it sure was a thrill!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131416 on: March 10, 2018, 08:07:42 pm »

Well he got Lu Bu in one go. Then I got him on the first CE of Hong Kong Tung Chee-hwa, becuase Akinator crashed after guessing on one try for like 20m.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #131417 on: March 10, 2018, 11:24:46 pm »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131418 on: March 10, 2018, 11:29:05 pm »

This description below it made me lol: "comments disabled until the end of the Memefucker Era"

That vid was posted back in 2012.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #131419 on: March 10, 2018, 11:29:18 pm »

They live inside us

holy fucking shit that's music from Cybernator god damn never thought I'd hear that on a random video

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131420 on: March 10, 2018, 11:36:38 pm »

They live inside us
Everyone one of us, deep inside, contains a marrow.
+1
(sic)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:39:45 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #131421 on: March 11, 2018, 01:21:24 am »

Beat Akinator a few more times, going for former Hearts goalies.

He got Craig Gordon, presently of Celtic and Scotland, after a few failures. Failed to get Gilles Rousset and - somewhat surprisingly - Antti Niemi, who played for Finland 67 times, as well as several English Premiership teams.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131422 on: March 11, 2018, 06:37:14 am »

That's only part of the problem.

You mean troubleshooting? A basic skill that one needs to develop if they want to solve problems (and use computers)?

Lack of troubleshooting skills are part of why there are compatibility issues, because users who recognize problems don't report issues or solutions accurately or sometimes not at all. Expecting web programmers to anticipate every issue that may arise is unrealistic, that's why on larger projects there are teams dedicated to QA who have to confirm the issue and then report it in a way that allows programmers to quickly resolve it. There are usually a small team of programmers and significantly larger base of users who all have different setups, your expectations are unfair.
This WTF keeps getting better... no I don't mean troubleshooting.  I mean the fact that, especially with web-based software, the end-users are being treated as testers instead of, as you say, actually having a QA department handle things.  Expecting that things like clearing cache and cookies is something your users should do is awful.  Here's why:  anything your user can do to your cache, your code can do it too!  Your web code should be doing some kind of sanity checking on itself to fix cache / cookie issues so your user doesn't have to.  Or at least give an appropriate error, rather than presenting a UI that half looks like it is functioning but then just... stops.  What I mean by that is - if your site requires cookies, DON'T PROCEED LIKE YOU HAVE THEM ENABLED IF THEY AREN'T.

I troubleshoot technology all day for work, I don't wan't to have to troubleshoot websites because they don't even put in basic error checking or code paths for anything that doesn't match exactly what they expected to happen.

So yeah, get off my lawn and all that...  8)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #131423 on: March 11, 2018, 11:58:23 am »

Fair enough. I've still got a lot to learn about web coding.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131424 on: March 11, 2018, 08:28:10 pm »

I put down sticky traps in my room and they immediately caught three mice in as many hours. I also got an ultrasound emitter that should keep them out. Hopefully that's the last I see of them.

More worrying are the droppings that have appeared on the stove top this weekend. They seem way too big to be from the mice, so most likely we have a rat infestation as well. The pest guy is coming tomorrow, I just hope he's more effective than last time.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #131425 on: March 12, 2018, 04:24:27 am »

On a wall next to a pool table are the rules for snooker. Several rooms away on another wall next to a snooker table are the rules for pool.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131426 on: March 12, 2018, 04:47:04 am »

More worrying are the droppings that have appeared on the stove top this weekend. They seem way too big to be from the mice, so most likely we have a rat infestation as well. The pest guy is coming tomorrow, I just hope he's more effective than last time.
We've got rat droppings in the cupboard above our range hood. Equally worried.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #131427 on: March 12, 2018, 07:18:19 am »

Perhaps y'all should consider... cats. Cat infestation is much more purry. I guess there's dog breeds engineered for rat hunting, too, if it came to it. They don't purr nearly as much, though.

... though it does remind me of the time a rat got in my house when I was much, much younger, and we shortly got treated to the sight of one of the resident felines hauling off a rat that was bigger than the cat was. Furry little superpredator ftw.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131428 on: March 12, 2018, 07:22:11 am »

The number of neat little physical features cats have is frankly unfair. ;-;

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #131429 on: March 12, 2018, 11:47:05 am »

On a wall next to a pool table are the rules for snooker. Several rooms away on another wall next to a snooker table are the rules for pool.
What's the difference between the tables? I thought they looked the same.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway
Pages: 1 ... 8760 8761 [8762] 8763 8764 ... 11041