Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8742 8743 [8744] 8745 8746 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14556281 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #131145 on: March 01, 2018, 12:14:04 am »

They didn't have a single solid soy product in the whole section. The part of the aisle labeled "soy" was mainly full of almond milk for some reason.

Maybe they had to liquidate their stock real fast. It's almondst as though they're up to something shady, but I guess I'm starting to sound like a nutter.

Maybe you should leaf the vegetarian lifestyle alone. Or, at least, the hippy aisle. Stuff'll probably kale you sooner or later.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131146 on: March 01, 2018, 12:15:13 am »

They didn't have a single solid soy product in the whole section. The part of the aisle labeled "soy" was mainly full of almond milk for some reason.

Maybe they had to liquidate their stock real fast. It's almondst as though they're up to something shady, but I guess I'm starting to sound like a nutter.

Maybe you should leaf the vegetarian lifestyle alone. Or, at least, the hippy aisle. Stuff'll probably kale you sooner or later.

lol your puns.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131147 on: March 01, 2018, 01:03:25 am »

Oh good, Youtube ads think I'm Spanish again.

No idea why, beyond using Duolingo a bit almost a year ago... to learn Spanish?
I want to trust in our algorithm overlords, someday, but not yet.  Someday, though.
Maybe that particular ad was just offering an inordinately large bounty to get shown to anyone who MIGHT know Spanish. Business is odd sometimes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #131149 on: March 01, 2018, 06:38:55 am »

Lettuce begin [/late pun]
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #131150 on: March 01, 2018, 08:33:31 am »

It remains up cos T_D is controlled opposition ran by boomers and 33d underwater plinko chess LARPers. ARE YOU FEELING IT NOW DONALD TRUMP is an accurate representation of T_D

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #131151 on: March 01, 2018, 09:44:30 am »

What was the ratio of cheesecake to not cheesecake in this gigantic menu? If it was mostly cheesecake, then that sounds reasonable. Cheesecake is pretty versatile.

Two pages of cheesecakes, nineteen pages on not cheesecakes.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #131152 on: March 01, 2018, 09:52:32 am »

I don't know what even.

I knew we had gun issues stateside, but this is an issue of biblical proportions.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #131153 on: March 01, 2018, 10:25:59 am »

I don't know what even.

I knew we had gun issues stateside, but this is an issue of biblical proportions.
I suggest interpreting most scripture as being veiled references to automatic firearms. More fun that way
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #131154 on: March 01, 2018, 10:31:22 am »

They’re just trying to emulate Battle Pope
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #131155 on: March 01, 2018, 10:37:28 am »

I don't know what even.

My first WTF was why these people are wearing crowns. But then it got weirder.

Alright, let's comment on this whole thing, shall we? After all, I got some time to kill before I go to work.

The church's name is World Peace and Unification Sanctuary. You'd think a proclaimed pacifist would shy away from weapons, but they seem to be the "Peace Through Superior Firepower" sorts. The ceremony's name is... "Cosmic True Parents of Heaven, Earth and Humanity Cheon Il Guk Book of Life Registration Blessing". I just... don't even. (They'll be having a 'President Trump Thank You Dinner' later this week.)

Apparently this sect was founded by a Korean-American self-proclaimed messiah (now deceased), so that's a good and reasonable start. This particular church is led by his son, though, who has been declared a heretic (so it's like, double heresy) for his obsession with "Iron Rods", which obviously represent Firearms (and, according to them, they have a sacred right to bear arms as decreed by YHWH in His Holy Constitution And Amendments).

They are also into Apocrypha, specifically Revelations, which is where the whole crown and rod thing comes from.
Quote from: Revelation2:27
he shall rule them with a rod of iron.

These great "rods of iron" (Specifically AR-15s, it seems), are needed to allow people to protect themselves against "sickos and evil psychopaths". This is totally the reason why Reverend Moon is telling people to carry guns around and certainly not because his brother owns a gun factory. No sir, totally to protect God's Kingdom.

... I wonder if these people think Trump (or whatever the current US president might be at any given time) is YHWH's Viceroy or something of the sort.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131156 on: March 01, 2018, 10:45:35 am »

I don't know what even.

I saw an article on BBC with a bunch of photos on it, including crowns made of freaking bullets.

It also screams of idol worship, you know, the very kind of thing that Moses warned against and God smited people for. I don't mean celebrity fanship, I mean literal idol worship, they even freaking baptize the guns.

No idea if similar kinds of gun worshipping churches exist elsewhere, but the fact that exists really shows something wrong.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131157 on: March 01, 2018, 10:51:06 am »

It also screams of idol worship, you know, the very kind of thing that Moses warned against and God smited people for. I don't mean celebrity fanship, I mean literal idol worship, they even freaking baptize the guns.

No idea if similar kinds of gun worshipping churches exist elsewhere, but the fact that exists really shows something wrong.
It's probably worth clarifying that this isn't just a "normal" church, but a branch of an actual cult (often called the Moonies) who believe that the original Rev. Moon was Jesus. The normal idol-worship rules cannot be assumed to apply.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131158 on: March 01, 2018, 10:52:40 am »

It's probably worth clarifying that this isn't just a "normal" church, but a branch of an actual cult (often called the Moonies) who believe that the original Rev. Moon was Jesus. The normal idol-worship rules cannot be assumed to apply.

I figured that out already when I saw that they were derisively called moonies and that someone named Moon was a reverend of, even the picture of the golden gun convinced me that was no normal church.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #131159 on: March 01, 2018, 11:00:25 am »

This the same Moons that was caught being the real decision maker behind the president of Korea/that the Korean president was caught being part of last year?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 8742 8743 [8744] 8745 8746 ... 11039