Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8730 8731 [8732] 8733 8734 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14552077 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130965 on: February 16, 2018, 07:23:30 pm »

My roflcopter raises you and goes SOI SOI SOI

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130966 on: February 16, 2018, 08:28:12 pm »

I had a deer merrily jump along next to my car for about 25 feet while I was white knuckling the steering wheel hoping it didn't suddenly decide to become one with my vehicle.
... huh. How fast were you going? Quick check suggests if you were going 55 mph that would have been less than a third of a second.
Not that fast, pushing 20 'cause I slowed down a lot while in a 35 zone. There were two deer in addition to the one I was wanting to stay away.

I had spied them as they were crossing the road round a bend, one was already there, another in mid-cross which completed it quickly, and the third was like "wtf bro I want to be with my mum" and didn't really know how to deal with the situation. I had slowed to a not-quite-stop and decided to continue 'cause it wasn't moving, and when I started accelerating it was like "nah bro I'm going with you now you're way cooler than mum" for about three bounds before changing its mind.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #130967 on: February 16, 2018, 10:08:22 pm »

Please do not quote:

.... Don't think I'm going to get that.

Please do not quote:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 08:44:57 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130968 on: February 16, 2018, 10:20:09 pm »

What industry are you in? Just wondering out of curiosity.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130969 on: February 17, 2018, 12:03:48 am »

I saw the words "aerial skier" on Instagram and read it as "serial killer", and accepted that as normal until I did a double-take and scrolled back up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130970 on: February 17, 2018, 03:18:28 am »

The guy who fell in the woodchipper in Australia is now being investigated as a murder, it seems his "friends" might have shoved him through the thing (he was possibly killed beforehand, which would be a relief actually). To quote Blackadder: "There's been rather a messy accident!"

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130971 on: February 17, 2018, 06:02:23 am »

I had a deer merrily jump along next to my car for about 25 feet while I was white knuckling the steering wheel hoping it didn't suddenly decide to become one with my vehicle.
... huh. How fast were you going? Quick check suggests if you were going 55 mph that would have been less than a third of a second.

Deer only run at 30mph, OBVIOUSLY, frumple.

*slides google quietly back into it's drawer*

lol....

For reals tho I'd wig out if any animal whatsoever was pacing my car. That's some Jurassic Park crap.

If you're talking highway speeds, a cheetah could, briefly. Oceangoing and flying critters are another matter though.
If you're in the slow lane a King Cheetah would keep pace far longer. Although they are slower than normal Cheetahs they have much higher endurance. And there wouldn't be just one either, King Cheetahs travel in prides.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #130972 on: February 17, 2018, 03:07:46 pm »

And then there's just moose, who win collisions with cars with no damage sometimes

Or splatter gore all across both sides of the highway

Speaking of dangerous road conditions, the weather here has been very much bipolar schizophrenic ex-alcoholic. Yesterday we had 30 mph winds, then it started snowing, we then had a thunderstorm in the middle of the snow storm that dropped tiny hail on us and had our lights flickering, then the temperature increased just enough that part of this melted, but refroze by nightfall. Ambulances and cops flew by with their sirens on at least five times. Wind kept blowing all night long, it started snowing again, a little bit ago it turned into rain and now its warm enough its all melting. So the whole area is one giant slush puddle. I barely made it up the hill, and honestly thought id gotten the car stuck in the middle of the road when i pulled out of the driveway, and the road hadnt even been plowed thus morning. I hope its better on the way home

I just wanted to take the dogs for a walk, really...

And we lost power here at the store twice today, for a fraction of a second.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:41:36 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #130973 on: February 17, 2018, 06:09:38 pm »

tobacco isn't nearly the problem it was 60 years ago, for example.
As far as I'm concerned cigarettes are basically pure poison still

whenever i'm talking about how harmful things are i'm always talking about how harmful they are in total not to the individual but multiplied over every individual who comes into contact with it.

by this metric tobacco isn't nearly the problem it was 60 years ago.
Indeed, from that perspective it mmakes more sense to ban combustion engines in road vehicles, and heavy polluting industries, that would have a much greater impact on improving general health than anti-smoking campaigns.

yeah

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130974 on: February 17, 2018, 09:43:19 pm »

I have no idea what I've done, but I'm getting gas-like stomach pains across my abdomen akin to when I drank a load after spending several days drinking barely anything last year.

If this is a side effect of an intermittent fasting diet, then I wish I'd been warned.
um

drank a what, now?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130975 on: February 17, 2018, 10:07:31 pm »

Oh, you can use load, too, but you usually clarify a load of what. Or go bucketload or somethin' when dealing with liquids. Otherwise you may trip over euphemisms loitering in the middle of the conversation road.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130976 on: February 17, 2018, 10:20:19 pm »

I have no idea what I've done, but I'm getting gas-like stomach pains across my abdomen akin to when I drank a load after spending several days drinking barely anything last year.

If this is a side effect of an intermittent fasting diet, then I wish I'd been warned.
um

drank a what, now?
Oh, you know, fapmaster supreme and all.

Anyway, in case it's not actually a term where you live, where I live you can say "a load" instead of, say, "A shitload"

Two things are tradionally measured in "loads": laundry detergent and.... you know?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130977 on: February 17, 2018, 10:23:11 pm »

Two things are tradionally measured in "loads": laundry detergent and.... you know?
AMONEY
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130978 on: February 17, 2018, 10:31:04 pm »

um

drank a what, now?
Oh, you know, fapmaster supreme and all.

Anyway, in case it's not actually a term where you live, where I live you can say "a load" instead of, say, "A shitload"

Truck loads.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130979 on: February 17, 2018, 10:35:48 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 8730 8731 [8732] 8733 8734 ... 11039