Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8729 8730 [8731] 8732 8733 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14552020 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130950 on: February 16, 2018, 05:46:37 am »

My previous neighbors have left a moped in front of the house, blocking the pedestrian path.
Today police rings at my door. Apparently a couple of neighbors down the street have reported the moped, and told the police it's mine.

So I tell the police it's not mine, but the previous tenants nextdoor left it behind. Police officer says that he doesn't believe that, because more than one neighbor said it was mine, and ordered me to have it removed.

I told him again that it wasn't mine, and that if I removed it, I would be guilty of theft.
Still, no cigar. Officer told me to remove it, or I'd get fined.

So I decided to no longer waste time with this dumb officer, and went to the police station, and reported the officer for using coercion to get me to commit a crime.
That's a crime punishable with 3-4 years prison.
Now I'll just wait.
Not gonna touch that moped, it ain't mine and it ain't my problem.  Next to that, I can't get it loaded on the back of my bicycle.

Retarded neighborhood. I live in a 'social problems' neighborhood. Sadly most of my neighbors have less IQ than a Captain Iglo fish-stick, and when there's something like a moped blocking the footpath, they immediatly convince themselves that they guy with the long hairs and beard (me) must be responsible.
That, plus underfunded police. Apparently they do not have the manpower required to do a simple check of a moped's frame number, or they would have known it was never mine.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:06:29 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130951 on: February 16, 2018, 02:30:08 pm »

I'm now invested in this story. I hope you follow up after they get back with you, I'm curious to see how this goes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130952 on: February 16, 2018, 02:31:56 pm »

It's the Netherlands man, everything'll get done sensibly and they'll dance around windmills while performing ritual sacrifices so the sea levels don't rise.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130953 on: February 16, 2018, 02:52:27 pm »

It's the Netherlands man, everything'll get done sensibly and they'll dance around windmills while performing ritual sacrifices so the sea levels don't rise.

We do this at the Jersey Shore, but we dance around fresh cannoli instead.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130954 on: February 16, 2018, 02:54:21 pm »

Naturally, the abandoned moped will be the primary sacrifice of that ritual. It's not to prevent sea level rise this time, though. Presumably the vehicle's destruction will strengthen the seawalls by way of material resonance.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130955 on: February 16, 2018, 03:35:11 pm »

We tried to sacrifice discarded DVD's of Jersey Shore but Father Broseidon responded with Hurricane Sandy.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #130956 on: February 16, 2018, 03:38:10 pm »

'round here we appease Sol Invictus by ritually burning public transportation, so summer is just a little more tolerable.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #130957 on: February 16, 2018, 05:20:18 pm »

I dont know any of the native rituals here are, but i tend to drive down the road chanting "oh dear oh dear deer" to prevent the deer running out in front of me. So far only a couple closeish calls
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130958 on: February 16, 2018, 06:54:47 pm »

I had a deer merrily jump along next to my car for about 25 feet while I was white knuckling the steering wheel hoping it didn't suddenly decide to become one with my vehicle.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130959 on: February 16, 2018, 06:56:38 pm »

I hit a deer in the butt with my car once, he ran away though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130960 on: February 16, 2018, 06:59:01 pm »

I had a deer merrily jump along next to my car for about 25 feet while I was white knuckling the steering wheel hoping it didn't suddenly decide to become one with my vehicle.
... huh. How fast were you going? Quick check suggests if you were going 55 mph that would have been less than a third of a second.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130961 on: February 16, 2018, 07:06:18 pm »

And then there's just moose, who win collisions with cars with no damage sometimes

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130962 on: February 16, 2018, 07:11:20 pm »

... huh. How fast were you going? Quick check suggests if you were going 55 mph that would have been less than a third of a second.

Deer only run at 30mph, OBVIOUSLY, frumple.

*slides google quietly back into it's drawer*

For reals tho I'd wig out if any animal whatsoever was pacing my car. That's some Jurassic Park crap.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130963 on: February 16, 2018, 07:18:29 pm »

Deer only run at 30mph, OBVIOUSLY, frumple.

*slides google quietly back into it's drawer*

lol....

For reals tho I'd wig out if any animal whatsoever was pacing my car. That's some Jurassic Park crap.

If you're talking highway speeds, a cheetah could, briefly. Oceangoing and flying critters are another matter though.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #130964 on: February 16, 2018, 07:20:44 pm »

I see your lol and raise you a rofl.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8729 8730 [8731] 8732 8733 ... 11039