Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8723 8724 [8725] 8726 8727 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14550688 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130860 on: February 13, 2018, 09:35:11 am »

There's a whole range going from slighlty loosened, via tipsy and drunk to completely wasted.
The key is moderation and self-control. You can say no after the second free drink offered, you know, or "I'll have a soda".
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #130861 on: February 13, 2018, 09:43:15 am »

There's a whole range going from slighlty loosened, via tipsy and drunk to completely wasted.
The key is moderation and self-control. You can say no after the second free drink offered, you know, or "I'll have a soda".
So, funny story: I don't like soda. I just don't like carbonated drinks in general. Made me real popular as a kid.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130862 on: February 13, 2018, 09:47:58 am »

What happens if you say you do want to vote? Two years Siberia?

I'm already in Siberia, so I dunno what can be a punishment for voting. A vacation to Arctic, maybe?

But to be serious, even without the iron grip of the emperor Pu of Tin dynasty, all candidates/parties suck:
Communist Party of Russian Federation are sellouts. They decided to go and lick Russian Orthodox Church's ass, even though true communist will never support religious reactionaries like ROC.
Liberal-Democratic Party is "liberal" and "democratic" in-name only.
United Russia is lead by Emperor Pu Tin.
The other two major parties... I don't know anything about their political stance, but it's safe to say they're corrupt/incompetent/stupid/combination of all three.

EDIT: Corrected "will never support".

What's your opinion on Navalny? I know he's been blocked from running, but he's arguably the most high profile (and apparently considered the most dangerous to Putin) opposition candidate over there. I don't know much about him other than that he's been a longtime and vocal opponent to Putin.

Also makes me wonder about what the candidates would be like after the end of Putins next term. Rumor is that the next one will likely be his last term due to term limits or something.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #130863 on: February 13, 2018, 11:05:19 am »

So, funny story: I don't like soda. I just don't like carbonated drinks in general. Made me real popular as a kid.
Thems fightin words
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130864 on: February 13, 2018, 11:24:35 am »

Remember: The only correct weapon to use for this fight is ad-hoc grenades made from shook up cans of warm carbonated drink.

Though it may net you some pretty serious charges. Thrown can of soda can break bones, and the shrapnel can't exactly make the situation better.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #130865 on: February 13, 2018, 11:31:18 am »

What's your opinion on Navalny? I know he's been blocked from running, but he's arguably the most high profile (and apparently considered the most dangerous to Putin) opposition candidate over there. I don't know much about him other than that he's been a longtime and vocal opponent to Putin.

Also makes me wonder about what the candidates would be like after the end of Putins next term. Rumor is that the next one will likely be his last term due to term limits or something.

Navalny would make a better president than 98.9% of the people in our government, that's for sure. It's a shame that the majority considers him a "Western shill" (No proof of the shill-ery, of course, other than a made-up one by our brave media!).

As for the next candidate from UR, Medvedev, of course. They'll just switch places until Medvedev kicks the bucket, then Emperor Pu Tin will find a new bootlicker for switching governmental seats. Remember, Putin already was a president for two terms (2000-2004 and 2004-2008).

The Almighty Emperor found a loophole in our constitution, which allowed him to put his candidature in the infamous 2012 elections. If there was no loophole in the first place, Pu Tin couldn't even put his candidature, so the new president after the current elections will almost certainly be Medvedev, unless someone hacks the election.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130866 on: February 13, 2018, 11:34:21 am »

Yeah, I have no doubt that he'd find some way to manipulate things from behind the scenes, as he did while Medvedev was in.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #130867 on: February 13, 2018, 11:57:26 am »

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:09:20 am by IcyTea31 »
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130868 on: February 13, 2018, 12:36:18 pm »

Make strong use of tutorials and free models from e.g. the Unity Asset Store.

If you really have to fake it, then a good start would be just getting a pre-rigged model, then reskinning it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130869 on: February 13, 2018, 02:49:28 pm »

I look forward to news of the Finnish army/government being brought down by copyright infringement charges in a few years.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130870 on: February 13, 2018, 03:04:18 pm »

Just woke up from a dream that involved my mother and I buying weed to smoke during my visit. o.O
She is quite old-fashioned and opposed to such things, as far as I am aware, so such a scenario is exceedingly improbable.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #130871 on: February 13, 2018, 04:10:18 pm »

I was playing a Republican character who was a successful alchemist, was in four different secret societies, two of them as head. Anyways, after building an observatory, he stumbled onto the necronomicon, and went subsequently possessed and crazy. Thematically I thought it would be in-character to have him join the cultists. He was eventually caught and burned at the stake after he came out as gay (at the age of 142, after having... 10 wives? 30 children? Better late than never I guess), and his distant kinsman inherited most of his titles and the family manor...
you know, this Crusader Kings 2 game is starting to seem a prequel to Ghostbusters 2, Darkest Dungeon, or both.

Damn, CK2 is really cool.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130872 on: February 13, 2018, 04:17:16 pm »

Easy enough to pull out, thankfully.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #130873 on: February 13, 2018, 04:25:29 pm »

Related to that, I got impaled on my thumb by a splinter of broccoli, specifically the little round leaf things part. Just one of them and a small bit of soft broccoli stem some fucking how got lodged in my skin. I get the weirdest vegetable related injuries. A piece of a corn cob once slit my palm open like I'd run a razor across it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #130874 on: February 13, 2018, 04:30:22 pm »

A loose beard hair somehow managed to bury itself several layers of skin into my finger. I have no idea how,

Easy enough to pull out, thankfully.

This actually happen sometimes with my own head hairs.

Sometimes the hairs are pretty long (in the days before I get haircuts), but other times they're just after I get my haircuts... And they're really, really short.
Pages: 1 ... 8723 8724 [8725] 8726 8727 ... 11038