Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8715 8716 [8717] 8718 8719 ... 11038

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14547251 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130740 on: February 09, 2018, 06:28:47 pm »

I swear I'm slowly vanishing off of the university's computer systems. One of my practicals was missing marks for a part I submitted, I emailed the person about it, and three weeks later no reply (Sent a chase up earlier, though). I'm supposed to have marks for an exam/practical thing, and they're nonexistant too.
Sounds worrying, speaking in person might be necessary... Anyhow, welcome to the forum! Haven't seen you before in GD, at least  :)
Hang on, I need to get all offended by this.

*ahem*

HOW DARE YOU!? You young whippersnapper, I've been down here since before your account was a thought forming in your head! I was here back when we had to trudge uphill, in the snow to type one single letter to a post we wanted to make! AND WE ENJOYED IT!

Younglings. Back in my day we showed our irritations with the new breed by silently grimacing while we died of consumption and writing them all out of our wills. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to understand, this was back in an older, more civilized age- when posting on the internet required making a blood sacrifice to the hearth god for each bit we wanted to send. Back then we respected brevity and clarity, otherwise we ended up depopulating Poland.

Honestly, half the fatalities during the black plague weren't actually from the plague per se, but from sacrifices made to write scathing yelp reviews about the various 'doctors' of the time.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #130741 on: February 09, 2018, 06:41:28 pm »

Or perhaps theyre like us, and one particular neighbor nearby barrels over the hill at 60mph in the middle of the night and occasionally takes out a deer, which the forest service doesnt actually clean up, so you get some free meat

Is nobody gonna comment on this because honestly wtf you dont eat roadkill
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #130742 on: February 09, 2018, 06:43:37 pm »

What you talking about? The burnt rubber is just added seasoning
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130743 on: February 09, 2018, 06:44:46 pm »

Or perhaps theyre like us, and one particular neighbor nearby barrels over the hill at 60mph in the middle of the night and occasionally takes out a deer, which the forest service doesnt actually clean up, so you get some free meat

You do if you see it get hit or hit it yourself.

Bludgeoning damage kills things just as safe as bullets. Even more so since you can't find birdshot in your turkey, etc.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130744 on: February 09, 2018, 06:46:06 pm »

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130745 on: February 09, 2018, 06:46:41 pm »

I'm fairly sure its not safe if it ruptures organs. Fun fact, I know someone with a literal license to collect roadkill.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130746 on: February 09, 2018, 06:47:19 pm »

Bon appetit.

Roadkill eating is considered unglamorous and mocked in pop culture, where it is often associated with stereotypes of rednecks and uncouth persons.

I say! *monocle*
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130747 on: February 09, 2018, 07:07:38 pm »

That article's pretty interesting; I particularly like the breakdown by state.

Texas is the opposite of all my expectations.  Not only is collecting roadkill illegal there, but *PETA* was calling for it to be legal!  Wanted the dead animals to at least be eaten.  Pretty cool, for PETA.

In Alaska you can't eat your kills - you have to call in volunteers who retrieve and prepare the meat for the homeless.  Parts of that seem questionable, but I'm just glad the meat gets used!

New Jersey calls some roadkill "furry frisbees".  okay I'm done
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #130748 on: February 09, 2018, 08:04:05 pm »

Of course you do, as long as it's fresh. Why wouldn't you?

I'm fairly sure its not safe if it ruptures organs. Fun fact, I know someone with a literal license to collect roadkill.

... You know, pretty much all the organs are edible. The stomach and intestines are the only ones that make stuff circumspect if they go blow out, but if you're the kind of person who looks at a chunk of roadkill and goes 'Yep, that's food' you're also probably the kind of person who knows how to butcher an animal properly.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #130749 on: February 09, 2018, 08:28:22 pm »

Of course you do, as long as it's fresh. Why wouldn't you?

Yeah why not?

Don´t think at what will happen to you as getting parasites. Instead, look at it as an opportunity to get millions of pets that will travel with you everywhere.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130750 on: February 09, 2018, 08:37:01 pm »

Why would fresh roadkill have more parasites than a fresh bulletkill?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130751 on: February 09, 2018, 08:42:42 pm »

Because tires are covered in internal parasites, duh.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130752 on: February 09, 2018, 09:10:48 pm »

Because tires are covered in internal parasites, duh.

If you kill something with your tyres, chances are there won’t be much left to actually eat.

As General Ouromov says: use the bumper, that’s what it’s for.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #130753 on: February 09, 2018, 09:12:11 pm »

I ate roadkill rabbit once when I was little.  My dad just clipped the top of its head.  The rest of its body was totally undamaged.  Not everything that gets killed by a vehicle is splattered.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #130754 on: February 09, 2018, 09:14:15 pm »

Why would fresh roadkill have more parasites than a fresh bulletkill?
Yeah I wouldnt advise eating random  wildlife either, however you kill it.  Health checks on cattle are done for good reasons
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 8715 8716 [8717] 8718 8719 ... 11038