Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8690 8691 [8692] 8693 8694 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14530424 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130365 on: January 29, 2018, 06:07:51 pm »

I got redirected a little while ago too, though I didn't stick around to see the kind of site it was. PM Toady about it, he'll want to know. That goes for anyone else who experienced this, as he told me he hadn't received any other reports when he got mine.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130367 on: January 29, 2018, 06:22:39 pm »

It only happened once. I tried clearing my history (really should have noted down the address before that) and it's still not coming up again.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130368 on: January 29, 2018, 06:27:23 pm »

It was totally random for me as well, an AmeriPol page. Toady didn't find any unusual links on it and everybody who posted there was a regular anyway. If it's like I suspect we've got a spoofing bot trying to make these redirects happen, in which case you can't really avoid it, you just have to be lucky.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #130369 on: January 29, 2018, 06:30:01 pm »

It is possible that it's an avatar service of some sort. There's sites that rotate avatars automatically, and sometimes those wind up with a few shady imagehosts in the rotation. Giant In The Playground has had similar problems in the past, to the point where it's been flagged as an attack site a few times.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130370 on: January 30, 2018, 12:05:49 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKtXXDQMe7s

Dwarf Fortress's interface is made up of nothing more than "A.S.C. 2 characters."

I mean, ASCII isn't a word that most people use but you're doing a ten minute video for fuck's sake. Do ten seconds of Googling.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130371 on: January 30, 2018, 12:28:56 pm »

Dwarf Fortress's interface is made up of nothing more than "A.S.C. 2 characters."

I mean, ASCII isn't a word that most people use but you're doing a ten minute video for fuck's sake. Do ten seconds of Googling.
Who is this ASC 2?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130372 on: January 30, 2018, 01:02:27 pm »

I could not tell you. Go find Two and ask them, instead.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #130373 on: January 30, 2018, 01:03:19 pm »

I could not tell you. Go find Two and ask them, instead.
Understandable. Have a nice day.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #130374 on: January 30, 2018, 01:45:06 pm »

To be blunt/rude/heartless, what exactly are you gonna do about it? Unsubscribe? Leave a dislike on the video? Leave a comment correcting them? Give the creators an email correcting them (That's probably the most likely to create a response)?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #130375 on: January 30, 2018, 02:36:29 pm »

Firefox is shitting itself again, yay.
This time, putting a YT vid to fullscreen reduces the entire window to a stupidly small size and moves it to the upper left corner leaving fullscreen returns the window to normal size. Furthermore, if I start a new instance of FF while this one is running it only has a single bookmark shown. And right-clicking doesn't work again.

I get that these things aren't made to run constantly for a couple of days (most of it spent minimized or with the laptop in sleep mode) but these bugs are just ridiculous.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130376 on: January 30, 2018, 02:41:13 pm »

To be blunt/rude/heartless, what exactly are you gonna do about it? Unsubscribe? Leave a dislike on the video? Leave a comment correcting them? Give the creators an email correcting them (That's probably the most likely to create a response)?

Not a gods-damned thing. This is the "WTF" thread, not the "Let's Go Fix WTFs" thread.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130377 on: January 30, 2018, 04:54:16 pm »

Firefox is shitting itself again, yay.
This time, putting a YT vid to fullscreen reduces the entire window to a stupidly small size and moves it to the upper left corner leaving fullscreen returns the window to normal size. Furthermore, if I start a new instance of FF while this one is running it only has a single bookmark shown. And right-clicking doesn't work again.

I get that these things aren't made to run constantly for a couple of days (most of it spent minimized or with the laptop in sleep mode) but these bugs are just ridiculous.
Solution: Don't run your laptop for multiple days straight

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130378 on: January 30, 2018, 05:52:31 pm »

And they used MasterworkDF, an isometric visualizer, and DwarfTherapist to show it. None of that is DF in of itself. And I haven't found any links to that manual yet.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #130379 on: January 30, 2018, 06:36:19 pm »

So apparently a gamer was shot dead by police after they got SWATted. Something about the gamer being caught up in a feud online.

A Twitter account that has now been suspended made a pair of posts. Screenshots of the two posts can be seen in the article. They read "That kids house that I swatted is on the news" and, a couple of hours later, "I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION".

Was the guy trying to convince the other readers or himself?
Pages: 1 ... 8690 8691 [8692] 8693 8694 ... 11037