Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8685 8686 [8687] 8688 8689 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14529036 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130290 on: January 27, 2018, 09:17:38 am »

Feature request on children's toys: don't start randomly saying "come play with me" at 3am

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #130291 on: January 27, 2018, 09:25:09 am »

How cooked d'you have to be to consider conspiracy theories a suitable over-dinner conversation topic?

'Dunno, seems perfectly normal to me. My family totally discussed conspiracy theories over dinner- it's good fun, it makes you think, and it's educational to boot. Granted, we're a pretty weird family, and we discussed them in the mindset of 'What validity do they have, how do you think people came to believe this, what would change if it was all true, how would you prove it, how would disprove it' so it just sort of becomes a series of thought experiments done over potatoes.

Thought experiments are always better with potatoes.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #130292 on: January 27, 2018, 09:28:25 am »

How can potatoes be real if our colons aren't real
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130293 on: January 27, 2018, 09:41:25 am »

Oh they’re real:
I assure you.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #130294 on: January 27, 2018, 11:26:26 am »

The volume settings on children's toys. I think that has come up in these forums before.  There should be a regulation on maximum allowable dB.
My sister has found out that putting some tape over the speakers is a good start. She suddenly felt better about the gifts her kids got after that.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130295 on: January 27, 2018, 02:11:43 pm »

Say hello to the most wonderfully named fish in the world, the bony-eared assfish.
Hallowed member of the cuck eels. Sorry, cusk. "the bodies of assfish are soft and flabby." Yep. Apparently the assfish needs to work on its glutes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #130296 on: January 27, 2018, 02:34:40 pm »

I don't know man, soft and flabby sounds sounds like exactly what an ass should be.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #130297 on: January 27, 2018, 02:43:17 pm »

I don't know man, soft and flabby sounds sounds like exactly what an ass should be.
Like a peach?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJjPe0o1cf4
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130298 on: January 27, 2018, 03:38:22 pm »

Could always become a hipster and use Brave like me.

(Disclaimer: Do not know if Brave is actually a hipster thing, friend just recommended it to me because they were mad at firefox over something and sold me with a it's like firefox, but better line)

Is it better?
So far I like it.  I primarily like it's in built ad and script/ad blocker and the ability to pay websites directly to make up for the adblocking(cryptocurrencies only atm, but if I understand correctly using brave during this beta and with 'brave ads' on you'll get a few usd worth of non-transferable cryptocurrency free each month*.  There are plans to let you use real money in the future).

Downsides is that it does not currently have that closing last tab does not close the browser thing you mentioned (though the feature did get a positive response from the devs in the suggestion board) and while I understand it's firefox based(my friend told me it was made by the founder of firefox) it uses chrome addons(I have never used chrome addons before so I can't tell how well they mesh).

*May want to look up the exact requirements for the free cryptocurrency, I know I got some but I'm not certain what I triggered since I didn't get any when I first started.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 03:40:25 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130299 on: January 27, 2018, 05:02:15 pm »

I keep getting this weird image in my head of people walking around in togas chanting "To-Ga! To-Ga! To-Ga!" which turns the intended listener into a guy (even the girls!) wearing a toga and proceeding to do the same thing. I may have seen it in some comedy sketch or something (I know I saw an odd thing which turned people into scots...).
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130300 on: January 27, 2018, 05:05:35 pm »

(I know I saw an odd thing which turned people into scots...).

I'm intrigued, tell me more.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130301 on: January 27, 2018, 05:06:38 pm »

Are you sure you're not thinking of the movie Animal House? I mean, that didn't involve magical sex changing, but the chanting is the same.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130302 on: January 27, 2018, 05:10:40 pm »

I keep getting this weird image in my head of people walking around in togas chanting "To-Ga! To-Ga! To-Ga!" which turns the intended listener into a guy (even the girls!) wearing a toga and proceeding to do the same thing. I may have seen it in some comedy sketch or something (I know I saw an odd thing which turned people into scots...).
The scotsmen thing was Monty Python btw. No idea about the Toga thing.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130303 on: January 27, 2018, 05:14:20 pm »

I have never seen a movie called Animal House. I may have seen a short clip at some point, but how many other ways can one chant the word Toga?
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130304 on: January 27, 2018, 05:18:50 pm »

Well you can check out the clip in question. This is spanished dubbed, but it covers the relevant parts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5zsLfgwBTg

It's not quite how you describe it, but the first scene is dudes chanting "Toga toga" over and over (they're advocating to have a toga party against the wishes of "the man"), then the scene cuts to them in togas, at the toga party, which includes guys and girls. So ... it sort of sounds like what you describe, but only if you interpret the scene cut as a "transformation" which it sort of is.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 05:20:37 pm by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 8685 8686 [8687] 8688 8689 ... 11037