Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8678 8679 [8680] 8681 8682 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527085 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130185 on: January 24, 2018, 11:50:12 am »

Didn't nintendo do that with something way earlier than the switch? Could swear I remember something like that regarding the SNES or NES or somethin' back there.

E: ... I also seem to recall one or both tasting kinda' funky for plastic, too. Been a long time since I last gnawed on a game cartridge, though.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:53:50 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #130186 on: January 24, 2018, 03:55:50 pm »

The switch was the first Nintendo console where there was any real reason to bitter the cartridges, because it was the first system with cartridges small enough to choke on. I don't think they did anything with NES or SNES carts.

EDIT:  Just checked, and they simply taste like plastic.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #130187 on: January 24, 2018, 04:20:23 pm »

The fact i managed to keep at least some of my sanity developing exodus for 4-5 months  :o

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130188 on: January 24, 2018, 04:42:00 pm »

Lord Shonus took the Nintendo Catridge Challenge. They didn't think of reaction videos when they made the switch carts taste funny.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130189 on: January 24, 2018, 04:44:24 pm »

The switch was the first Nintendo console where there was any real reason to bitter the cartridges, because it was the first system with cartridges small enough to choke on. I don't think they did anything with NES or SNES carts.

I'm sure someone could choke on a DS catridge.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130190 on: January 24, 2018, 04:53:31 pm »

People have managed to choke (technically suffocate because of) on those plastic pokeball toys burger king made one time

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130191 on: January 24, 2018, 04:59:42 pm »

People have managed to choke (technically suffocate because of) on those plastic pokeball toys burger king made one time
And we laughed when they made the Nintendo Switch carts taste funny so people wouldn't eat them.

Time to start adding Bitrex to everything.

And I mean everything.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130192 on: January 24, 2018, 05:18:11 pm »

While an innovative way to discourage prophylactic usage, I'm not quite sure you'd get many people willing to swallow the proposition in question. Probably could convince the catholic church or something to give it a go, though.
Ask not!
Ask!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130193 on: January 24, 2018, 05:28:10 pm »

Adding Bitrex to everything would lead to Darwinian selection of only people who enjoy the taste of Bitrex, then before you know it, we've evolved into bio-cyborgs eating switch cartridges instead of cornflakes for breakfast.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130194 on: January 24, 2018, 05:41:24 pm »

I'm sure someone could choke on a DS catridge.

Hell, you could choke on an original Game Boy cartridge. You'd be surprised what you can fit in your mouth.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130195 on: January 24, 2018, 05:48:19 pm »

Not after better than two decades on the internet I wouldn't.
Ask not!
Ask!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130196 on: January 24, 2018, 10:21:01 pm »

My Master's Thesis defense is tomorrow. I've slept very little, and will only get <= eight hours today. Also a big point in that defense will be working around a flaw in the thesis I submitted.

And I only got sixty minutes. Welp.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130197 on: January 24, 2018, 10:45:24 pm »

Get off the computer and sleep :V Or go get laid or somethin', I'unno. Going into your defense as relaxed as you can manage is generally better than just about anything else you could do at this point, prep wise.

You'll do fine, anyway. Or you'll do better next time (year?). It's a master's, not a doctoral dissertation, they don't start eating applicants until the next stage. also no matter what your counsel/advisors say, if they start feeding you honey or dousing you in similar substances it's not normal and you probably need to start running you are no ninja turtle and tenured professors are far more ruthless than alien space bugs
Ask not!
Ask!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130198 on: January 24, 2018, 11:39:39 pm »

The mens room in the store I work at is out of order.  Toilet don't work, not sure the reason why.  Been down for about 2 months now.  At this point we are assuming they are just going to replace the thing when they renovate the store in about a month. We've been letting everyone use the women's' room, and other than a few complaints about the seat being left up everything has been fine.

Today some guy came in, was told the bathroom was in use, and instead of waiting decided to walk into the mens room, to the clearly out of order toilet (The door has OUT OF ORDER written on it in big letters in english and spanish, has a stepladder blocking the door, has no toilet paper, towels, or soap, has the lid taken off the back, the water intake pipes disconnected and on the floor, and a number of plumbing tools scattered around the bathroom) and deposited the most horrible thing I have ever seen into the bowl.  The manager on duty tried to stop him but only got a 'too late I'm already in here now' response.  Once he left the bathroom he claimed that since it was not locked it was fine to use. (The door was not locked because a previous customer had broken the lock trying to kick the door down about half a year back over something I'm not privy to).  Naturally he was banned from the store.   But now we got a toilet that won't flush and a plumber's nightmare all in one.

WTF how can people be so stupid.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #130199 on: January 24, 2018, 11:51:58 pm »

Never quite figured it out. Or tried too hard, for that matter. Just avoided having to be the one who cleans it up, made sure to give those that do respect, and occasionally had my mind scuttlingly withdraw from starting to consider what it's like where that sort actually live.

... also wouldn't that be able to catch vandalism charges if someone was feeling particularly vindictive?
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 8678 8679 [8680] 8681 8682 ... 11037