Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8666 8667 [8668] 8669 8670 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14524207 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #130005 on: January 17, 2018, 07:20:04 pm »

... and today we begin watching the unfolding tale of Kaim Argonar and his Quest to Break Goddamn Everything. No miscellaneous teapot top thing unkicked, no wall paneling unremoved, no delicate standing structure untoppled. Truly it is a legend of persistent vandalism, witnessed in unruffled awe by idle military, police, and world leaders.

Today I am reminded why many RPGs are kinda' low key in animating its shrubbery hidden trinkets. To do otherwise looks faintly ridiculous, and in a somewhat jarring way.

Game's lost odyssey. No clue what I'm getting into, but the first half hour-ish looks like steampunk magitek meets punch magic fantasy meets notably excessive hats. This makes me pretty optimistic about it, even if the execution turns out to be sketchy.

... also I appreciate how the silly hat guy in heavy armor in the beginning comments on kaim's stereotypical JRPG male protagonist (i.e. would perhaps not look out of place on a stripper) outfit. We too don't know how he survived the apparently-meteor induced lava apocalypse from the sky with most of his midriff bare and not even a non-silly hat, much less a silly one.

E: sweet baby jesus you can cut the homosexual undertones in this thing with a knife

please don't look so intensely and speak of trust like that to the bish protag, probably villain supporting character that looks like a professional wrestler

also hisoka what the hell are you and your pedophile gay clown ass doing here

what the blazes am I walking into
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:48:22 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #130006 on: January 17, 2018, 11:05:12 pm »

Was watching local Fox affiliate news this morning, they broadcast a section titled “Both Sides” around the topic of Donald Trump referring to certain countries as “expletive holes”, as they say.

This section involved some Republican appearing before some committee, being asked by some Democrat about Trump’s language.

Democrat: did the president use the word or a substantially similar word?

Republican: he did not use that word.

Democrat: that doesn’t answer my question. Did he use a substantially similar word?

Republican: the president used tough language, as did many other people present use tough language *sound fades out, presumably to avoid more rambling and the Democrat continuing “it’s a yes or no response not a fucking essay question you clown”*

Which apparently represents both sides.

Christ even the 20 minutes of this shit I watch before work is too much sometimes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #130007 on: January 18, 2018, 12:15:55 am »

Picked a sweatshirt up off the floor earlier today, resulting in the biggest jolt of static electricity I've ever experienced. I literally felt like I'd been punched in the chest, and I think I smelled ozone for a minute. I think that I may want to invest in a humidifier.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #130008 on: January 18, 2018, 01:01:53 am »

Do you live in New York/New Jersey by any chance?  Cause I'm in that general area (don't want to get too specific on the internet!) and its crazy dry where I live.  Like, beyond the norm for winter.  Random coworkers have commented to me about how they need a humidifier for their home.  And people keep coming to our store asking about humidifiers.  Prior to the last few weeks I'd never heard a peep about humidifiers, and I worked here last winter.

Also I think the dryness is causing electronics in my apartment to malfunction?  Fridge, then the microwave, then a new pair of earbuds all had some kind of unrelated electrical problem within two weeks of each other.  Week before that, apartment above us had some kind of water problem and twice their pipes leaked through our ceiling.  Although I doubt that one was an electrical problem.  Maybe I'm just cursed...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #130009 on: January 18, 2018, 03:24:24 am »

Is it possible for dreams to come in series of sequels?

Having recurring characters that change between them but are still essentially the same (imaginary) people, with some of the similar themes/events happening as well. Because I think that just happened for the first time that I can recall it, kind of a wierd and somewhat unsettling feeling that my subconcious has all these different people (or almost people I guess) stored in it, just for the occassion.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130010 on: January 18, 2018, 03:32:06 am »

Started using a new web browser.  It has a thing where I can apparently donate cryptocurrencies like bitcoin to websites to make up for it's inbuilt adblocker.  I actually like that idea.  A lot.  So I figured I'd try to do it.  And instead found out that it is downright impossible to start up in something like bitcoin if you don't have a phone that has SMS.

WTF internet, why are you trying to make me buy a cellphone?  If I'm not at home I don't want to be called by people.  Why can't I just get along with my old fashioned landline?  Why don't people just take paypal anonymously anymore?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #130011 on: January 18, 2018, 03:41:03 am »

Don't some sites (like PirateBay) have inbuilt mining tools now instead of ads? Where you're not donating directly, but as long as you have the site open it's doing a bit of background mining usinng your PC's resources. It's negligible on an individual scale but with the amount of traffic they recieve it turned out to be a much more viable source of funding for the site than the ads ever were.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130012 on: January 18, 2018, 03:51:41 am »

I suppose I can just hope all my favorite sites switch over to doing that then.  There are admittedly only a few I visit often and most of them like bay12 I already am supporting through other means. 

Brave's payments system just seems like a really good idea that just seems to be getting hobbled by not just being able to feed straight cash into it. And it just makes no sense to me why you can't. Maybe virtual currencies are more complicated than that, but it's not like everybody using it is going to do any fancy currency trading or anything. Just trying to find some method that I could use shows me that the actual traders have plenty of better things available.  Hell Brave could probably support their own development by taking a percentage if they get enough people onboard.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130013 on: January 18, 2018, 04:15:28 am »

Started using a new web browser.  It has a thing where I can apparently donate cryptocurrencies like bitcoin to websites to make up for it's inbuilt adblocker.  I actually like that idea.  A lot.  So I figured I'd try to do it.  And instead found out that it is downright impossible to start up in something like bitcoin if you don't have a phone that has SMS.

WTF internet, why are you trying to make me buy a cellphone?  If I'm not at home I don't want to be called by people.  Why can't I just get along with my old fashioned landline?  Why don't people just take paypal anonymously anymore?
I feel you bro. After 10 blissfull years of not having a mobile phone, I was forced to buy one by the government. Can't access tax bureau site, income site, study loan site or anything government related anymore without SMS verification. Fuck them.

EDIT: WTF, severe storm here. At the coast wind speeds are just a few km/h away from hurricane level.
Over here, inland, there's bicycles riding through my street while no one is riding them.

EDIT: wow, red alert for the whole country. All flights have been cancelled, all trains have been cancelled. So far 25 trucks were toppled on the highways, and the Science Park of the Amsterdam University had to be evacuated because it's roof panels were falling down. Tram lines have been cut because of fallen trees. People are advised to stay inside unless going out is strictly nescessary.
The Hague Central Station had to be evacuated as well, because glass roof panels were falling down. Miraculously, no one was injured.
More locally, I've been hearing fire service and ambulance sirens virtually non-stop for the past 4 hours.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/binnenland/stormblog-den-haag-cs-ontruimd-ns-legt-treinverkeer-stil-schiphol-schrapt-alle-vluchten~a4558829/
heh, look at that photo. Thay guy bending over right next to that fallen tree either has a death wish, or he is absolutely sure that those fallen tram lines are no longer under high voltage current.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 06:18:20 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130014 on: January 18, 2018, 06:25:04 am »

Apparently, one of our residents (Who SHOULD be calling for assistance when they go to the bathroom) went to the bathroom without telling us, stopped up the toilet (again, without telling us), let the water overflow (without telling us) and flooded their room AND the neighbor's room, before we noticed it on rounds.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #130015 on: January 18, 2018, 06:55:15 am »

Sweden has begun to rip out all her landlines already. Starting with the rural areas, of course. Nevermind that the the cell phone coverage has beem repeatedly demonstrated to not actually cover what cell phone companies claim it does, and that land lines is the main way for services like emergency alarms for handicapped and old people to function. Because fuck old people and anybody living outside of Stockholm.
Love, scriver~

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130016 on: January 18, 2018, 08:15:30 am »

They do that around here. Not intentionally, but because the phone company is so useless they never repair anything.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #130017 on: January 18, 2018, 12:31:46 pm »

Apparently, one of our residents (Who SHOULD be calling for assistance when they go to the bathroom) went to the bathroom without telling us, stopped up the toilet (again, without telling us), let the water overflow (without telling us) and flooded their room AND the neighbor's room, before we noticed it on rounds.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....
I've got a friend who works in a condo.  A very tall (20-30 stories IIRC) condo.  Someone who lives there used a third party to upgrade their sink... apparently to one which did not have that little drain hole on it.  Queue the sink being left on when they went out, the water overflowing and going onto the floor, then seeping through the floor to the next apartment.

Then seeping down to the next apartment and pooling on the floor.  Then seeping down to the next apartment.  You get the idea.  It went 15 floors down.

The property damage value my friend cited for this was truly horrifying.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #130018 on: January 18, 2018, 01:36:42 pm »

Two people died, and 50 million euros damages. Could have been worse, but still, one of the most intense storms I've seen in my life.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #130019 on: January 18, 2018, 01:37:26 pm »

Two people died, and 50 million euros damages. Could have been worse, but still, one of the most intense storms I've seen in my life.

For a moment, I thought you were clarifying on the incident described in the post above yours.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 8666 8667 [8668] 8669 8670 ... 11037