Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8657 8658 [8659] 8660 8661 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520429 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129870 on: January 09, 2018, 03:38:00 pm »

i decided to look up dragonforce live and what the fuck they're actually good
The comments are just as surprised as you are. There's a WTF.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #129871 on: January 10, 2018, 01:11:29 am »

You know, I wanted to be a paleontologist when I was growing up.

Oh boy did I love to everything about prehistory, even got magazines about it. I was very young (about 5 or 6) but I was darn sure I wanted to study that. It was the first thing I pictured myself doing as a grown up. Sadly that career doesn't even exist here, much less a job market for it, and as a final blow, I meet computers and fell in love with them.

Theres not a job market for it here either really. I dont even know who funds what. And i wouldnt even qualify as an intern. And compiters are super addictive yes
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129872 on: January 10, 2018, 10:07:32 am »

Discovered that a certain brand of lube expands under heat.
Was a messy affair.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #129873 on: January 10, 2018, 10:37:25 am »

The first Freedom Chronicle episode for Wolfenstein is... pretty bad. It's not utter trash, but it's like if the team handed development off to a bunch of fan scripts.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129874 on: January 10, 2018, 10:46:39 am »

i decided to look up dragonforce live and what the fuck they're actually good
The comments are just as surprised as you are. There's a WTF.
:o

That was amazing.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #129875 on: January 10, 2018, 02:54:26 pm »

the first witcher, my WTF is the combat system in general. I feel like I have no input over the combat other than move, click, change style. just as a general thing I'm playing with keyboard and mouse, I have no clue if playing with just the mouse is better and if it is I will go through the bullshit to get the story
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #129876 on: January 10, 2018, 03:18:52 pm »

the first witcher, my WTF is the combat system in general. I feel like I have no input over the combat other than move, click, change style. just as a general thing I'm playing with keyboard and mouse, I have no clue if playing with just the mouse is better and if it is I will go through the bullshit to get the story
It's pretty much that. Just mouse would be actually worse because how the fuck would you even dodge in combat?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #129877 on: January 10, 2018, 03:24:46 pm »

I liked the Witcher's combat system.  Mainly because I liked the idea of prepping for combat before hand.  It was a great feeling to read up on the monsters I was about to hunt and then oil my blade with something that's poison to them.  I messed around so much with the alchemy system that I discovered early on how to create a lategame combat potion out of common ingredients.  You can also do stuff like make human opponents bleed more and it actually does make blood fly everywhere when you cut people.

You're right about the lack of input tho.  The guts of Witcher 1 is an RPG like Neverwinter Nights.  You and your opponents are moving on a grid and combat mostly resolves through invisible dice rolls.  They've wrangled their engine into producing an actionized game but that's not what the engine is for.  I guess the positive takeaway is that the combat looks cool and there is a genuine element of timing to it.  Pulling off the longest group style combo against a large group of weak enemies for example looks awesome and is really satisfying.  You can also do some funny stuff like blast your enemy's weapons out of their hands.  Or taunt them by taking a big bite out of a chick leg in the middle of combat.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129878 on: January 10, 2018, 03:26:44 pm »

The guts of Witcher 1 is an RPG like Neverwinter Nights.
The guts of Witcher 1 is literally Neverwinter Nights. They licensed the engine IIRC. It's also why it looks... bad.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #129879 on: January 10, 2018, 03:32:21 pm »

I liked the Witcher's combat system.  Mainly because I liked the idea of prepping for combat before hand.  It was a great feeling to read up on the monsters I was about to hunt and then oil my blade with something that's poison to them.  I messed around so much with the alchemy system that I discovered early on how to create a lategame combat potion out of common ingredients.  You can also do stuff like make human opponents bleed more and it actually does make blood fly everywhere when you cut people.

You're right about the lack of input tho.  The guts of Witcher 1 is an RPG like Neverwinter Nights.  You and your opponents are moving on a grid and combat mostly resolves through invisible dice rolls.  They've wrangled their engine into producing an actionized game but that's not what the engine is for.  I guess the positive takeaway is that the combat looks cool and there is a genuine element of timing to it.  Pulling off the longest group style combo against a large group of weak enemies for example looks awesome and is really satisfying.  You can also do some funny stuff like blast your enemy's weapons out of their hands.  Or taunt them by taking a big bite out of a chick leg in the middle of combat.
The alchemy system is something I've always loved about the witcher games (I played 2 a couple of years ago and did some of 3 before deciding to play through all of them before hand), but the animations are kinda janky  in my opinion (they are too slow)
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #129880 on: January 10, 2018, 06:06:03 pm »

Tried to smile more, because apparently this improves morale. It definitely makes my face sore
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129881 on: January 10, 2018, 06:07:26 pm »

Tried to smile more, because apparently this improves morale. It definitely makes my face sore
Could you say that... your face is tired?
Ah, the Mass Effect: Andromeda memories of people bashing that line

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129882 on: January 10, 2018, 06:46:52 pm »

That's why people won't trust you. Why I won't trust you. Why my face don't trust you. Why my face must purge you. Forgive me. Forgive Andromeda.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129883 on: January 10, 2018, 08:32:31 pm »

Sounds like you need some WD40 on your facial chassis.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129884 on: January 10, 2018, 09:56:20 pm »

I literally downloaded DF 0.44.03 not even half an hour ago to finally give it a try, and there's a new version up.

Oh well. The place I embarked on sucked. No iron.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 8657 8658 [8659] 8660 8661 ... 11037