Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8639 8640 [8641] 8642 8643 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14523462 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129601 on: December 24, 2017, 10:54:17 am »

My WTF:I don't understand Satanists, you guys are LITERALLY WORSHIPING THE DEVIL!
I am not a satanist, nor care about his existance, but there are several flavours of satanism. A few are pretty much a form of protest against christian fanaticism, while others do worship Ol' Scratch. You do need to understand that him being evil is something claimed by most Abrahamics, but Abrahamics also claim there is only a single god despite a lot of people thinking otherwise.

Do try to keep in mind that when it comes to the divine, everyone has an opinion.

And then I got ninja'd, but I wrote that up already.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129602 on: December 24, 2017, 10:55:50 am »

Western Gnosticism is also technically a form of Satanism, as it is the origin of the "Satan as heroic rebel" interpretation.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129603 on: December 24, 2017, 11:20:51 am »

how bad can satan be if half his job is to punish bad people
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129604 on: December 24, 2017, 11:39:06 am »

You misunderstand the role the accuser has in biblical literature.

He is not the one that tortures people in hell, and never was, from a biblical standpoint (though admittedly he has that role in catholic dogma.)

Instead, he accuses GOD of being unfair, and practicing misrule!  He accuses god of favoritism (Specifically to how he tries to 'save' humans, rather than obeying his own laws, and destroying them utterly for their sins), and proposes his alternative "Do whatever you want" methodology.

Satan literally means "enemy", or "Adversary."  If heaven was a legal courtroom, he is the prosecuting attorney, christ is the defense lawyer, and God is the judge.

It is more complicated than that though, because the prosecutor is charging the judge with being corrupt, and asserting that he needs to recuse himself and allow a different entity to officiate; namely, HIMSELF.  To prove the accuser wrong (via QED), God has allowed an experiment for a limited time period, during which the accuser has full authoritative command over things (satan is allowed to have dominion of the earth)-- this is all part of the mythic trial of mankind presented in the old testament, and elaborated upon in Revelation.  The narrative goes on to state that the accuser, KNOWING his position is faulted (and his time limited), but hating God anyway, wants to punish God, by forcing him to destroy his creation by leading that creation into unforgivable sinfulness. (If he is going down, he is taking it all with him.)

This figurative narrative is repeated many times through both old and new testaments.  The concept of the devil being a ruler of a perpetual "hell" comes from dogmatic interpretations of single verses of revelation (often taken out of context), christianized pagan beliefs from older European religions, and a few religiously inspired poems. These ideas became part of the centralized catholic dogma.

The actual reality is that from the biblical standpoint, the penalty for siding with satan is being unmade, and ceasing to exist either physically or spiritually, and this state is eternal-- Satan will join in this fate.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129605 on: December 24, 2017, 11:47:36 am »

I have another WTF: Every time the map changes when I play tf2 now, the game crashes and I don't know why

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129606 on: December 24, 2017, 11:51:36 am »

Probably a corrupted file related to switching your map. Consider a reinstall.

Alternatively, it could be blocked due to permissions from your antivirus software, so give those a check and clear any blocks on TF2.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #129607 on: December 24, 2017, 11:53:53 am »

trying to verify files on Steam might also help you out.

Meanwhile when I play TF2 all the good players wind up on the enemy side and I'm left with myself, one of two people who actually know what they're doing, and 10+ others who don't know or or don't care.

Which is kinda why I stopped playing TF2 for a while, tbh.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129608 on: December 25, 2017, 10:35:58 am »

Ok, Now I wonder about myself even more. O.o

Today, just because, I decided to look into my funky toes.  Specifically, the very wide gap I have always had between my big toe and second toe.

I knew it was abnormal (Most people dont have freaky prehensile toes like I do... No, not like that, I just mean I can move the big toe side to side, and pinch with it using the large natural gap. It isnt cocked off to the side like a chimp or something, but I *CAN* pick stuff up with it, and grip pretty tightly.) and have not met very many people with this feature, but I had no idea it was associated with such a plethora of horrible conditions.

As far as I know, I am otherwise completely normal, but the gap on my feet is pretty pronounced. (The width of a whole toe.)

It has the clinical name of "Sandal gap deformity", but meh, whatever.

Still, a WTF moment.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #129609 on: December 25, 2017, 04:03:55 pm »

Been listening to audiobooks of Prachet.

Diskworld, why you so random?  I just tune out all the nonsense and laugh to myself.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129610 on: December 25, 2017, 07:28:41 pm »

Found my Windows box to be running kind of slow, so I made a quick check of Task Manager. Somehow a bitcoin miner got slipped onto my machine, and I have no idea how - I haven't installed anything recently outside of Steam, and I'm pretty good at avoiding these things. This is my first malware detection in more than five years.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129611 on: December 25, 2017, 07:45:49 pm »

Had my first VR experience today when I visited my uncle for Christmas. He's a professor in IT at the technical university, and they got him a Vive to test and develop on.
Was pretty cool. Explored a coral reef, and tried some castle defense longbow game. Pretty nifty how they can use vibrations on the controllers to make you actually feel like you are pulling back a bowstring (albeit a very weak bowstring).
WTF at quality of animation in that coral reef, and speed and precision of real time rendering of position of controllers (and head movement). Okay, you can still see pixels if you try hard enough, but it can't be long now before vr projection can't be distinguished from real vision anymore.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #129612 on: December 25, 2017, 07:50:38 pm »

Ubisoft's Legacy username cannot be changed.

My legacy username is guest-(insert random glibberish) here.

I can't change it.

My username shows up as guest-(insert random glibberish) here in games like Watch_Dogs and Assassin's Creed 3.

Yay.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129613 on: December 25, 2017, 07:55:48 pm »

Vr's pretty impressive to look at (even on my google cardboard), but most all of the headsets aren't compatible with my glasses.  So either I'm blind or uncomfortable.

I also have the problem with the VR 'world' slowly rotating constantly.  So in meatspace Im forced to slowly spin around just to look in the same direction.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129614 on: December 25, 2017, 09:27:39 pm »

Its because our reality is actually spiraling out of control inside an inter-dimensional black hole that we long since passed the event horizon of.   The vr headset is sensitive enough to detect the acceleration.  SO in reality, Your VR headset is actually a window into the secrets of the universe and our inevitable demise as the entire known universe is slowly being compressed down into the size of a small moon.  Don't worry, it will become far more noticeable in about a week as we move closer and closer to the center of mass.

That or the calibration is off.  But it's probably the first one.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8639 8640 [8641] 8642 8643 ... 11037