Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8637 8638 [8639] 8640 8641 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14521447 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129570 on: December 23, 2017, 09:22:06 am »

Silly simpsons critter, the cow would just stomp you to death. It's the pigs and chickens that would eat you and everything you love.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129571 on: December 23, 2017, 09:27:53 am »

1) Animals are friends, not food (and associated "all meat is cruelty" and other hyperbole)

https://io9.gizmodo.com/cows-are-deadlier-than-you-ever-knew-1690950434
(about halfway down in the article...
Warning: They've Got a Taste For Blood

It's possible that all the trouble we have with cows goes back to one spectacularly ill-advised news story. In 1931 Time magazine published an article about the positive effects of feeding a cow meat. The article starts off by saying, "Dairymen on the Didsbury Jersey farms at Didsbury, Alberta, last week argued that it was a meat diet which caused one of their cows, Waikiki Xenia's Fanny, to produce almost pure cream." Who could resist the potential for profit? Perhaps farmers tried it, and turned their cows into blood thirsty killers.

Or perhaps it was something that was always natural to them. A cow in India made headlines a few years ago for eating about fifty chicks, one of them on camera. In an article about meat-eating deer, one io9 reader with nerves of steel, reported to us that cows occasionally also eat barn kittens.

See also:

http://www.lrgaf.org/deadly_equines.htm
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/22/oregon-farmer-convicted/26168073/

So, yeah. 

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129572 on: December 23, 2017, 09:31:34 am »

Whatever happened to grisha5?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129573 on: December 23, 2017, 09:32:27 am »

Unlike the heavens gate cult, his cult was actually correct, and he ascended to heaven on a UFO, but nobody else noticed? /total bullshit

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #129574 on: December 23, 2017, 10:12:16 am »

<stuff about meat eating bovines>

I have never heard about that, but pigs are the worst for that kind of thing. AFAIK there has not been a single confirmed case of the old "farmer dies of heart attack and his pigs eat him" urban legend, but it sticks around because it is so very plausible.

When I was young, my father owned a drain cleaning business, and one of his machines was a great big monster that shoved out a half-inch rotating cable with a cutter on the end. It was the biggest machine of its kind, and it came with the relatively rare power cable-feed option. after destroying several cables he finally bought a 4 inch water turbine cutter and the most powerful pressure washer he could get (together with 400 feet of hose). That sucker had big ol' blades on it and it literally screamed when it ran. You could only run it in certain kinds of pipes lest it eat holes in the pipe wall, and starting it when it was outside of a pipe was very ill-advised.

What defeated the cable machine and required the services of the water cutter? Pig hides. You see, if a pig dies in a pig barn and the farmer doesn't notice quickly enough, the other pigs eat it. If this happens there is a good chance the hide and bones will fall or be pushed through the floor slats and into the pit under the barn. When this pit is drained into the main containment, sometimes a hide will clog the main (6-8 inch) drain pipe. Luckily this is a fairly rare occurrence (in a large farm with several barns it only happens once a year or so), to be honest it would happen even less in a farm where the farmer is more diligent about walking through the barns...

Anyway, if it isn't moving, pigs will eat it. I still thing pork tastes good though...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129575 on: December 23, 2017, 10:19:21 am »

I've heard pigs are perfectly willing to eat a child alive if it were to fall in

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #129576 on: December 23, 2017, 10:25:05 am »

There have been more than a few cases around here of murderers using pigs to destroy the body(ies) of their victim(s). So it totally does happen.

Chickens, meanwhile, are just evil. Deliciously evil. Good thing they are tiny.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129577 on: December 23, 2017, 10:36:06 am »

Cows can be very aggressive indeed. An uncle almost got gored to death by one many years ago. Then another one intervened and got in the between them. So it goes to both ways I guess.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #129578 on: December 23, 2017, 11:17:26 am »

Anyway, if it isn't moving, pigs will eat it.

Even being motionless and dead isnt entirely a requirement to eat something; my father owned a boar which left its grain untouched, apparently asleep next to it, until one of their chickens tried to eat the grain. At which point the boar would grab and eat the chicken. The boar was soon butchered himself, once my father figured out what was happening. This was all before I was born, as well.

So pigs are clever, will eat anything they damn well please if given the chance, can be real assholes sometimes and will totally fight you, and are also delicious.

The sow we have right now is a total sweetheart most of the time though. She just wants food and scritches.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #129579 on: December 23, 2017, 11:29:32 am »

Cows are gits. Stubborn gits. Bulls are super stubborn gits.

My aunt got kicked in the head by a cow. My grandfather (in a rather amusing story) was chased by a herd of them into an oak tree.

They're usually too apprehensive of you to do anything, though. Unless they have calves.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 11:31:13 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129580 on: December 23, 2017, 11:32:28 am »

I knew a person who punched a grown male pig unconscious once.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129581 on: December 23, 2017, 11:34:06 am »

Did it insult his mother?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129582 on: December 23, 2017, 11:36:07 am »

It figured out that the other pigs never come back from the truck that went to the slaughterhouse and wigged the fu** out. So he punched it. Said pig was presumably delicious.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129583 on: December 23, 2017, 11:38:24 am »

Awwwwh, well there's a new ending to Charlotte's Web for you.

Wilbur, it seems, was delicious.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129584 on: December 23, 2017, 12:30:06 pm »

Wilbur, it seems, was delicious.

Terrific
I consume
I purchase