Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8635 8636 [8637] 8638 8639 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520737 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129540 on: December 22, 2017, 02:49:43 pm »

Beer just tastes like urine to me, I'm sorry.
Nothing to be sorry about, that's actually a pretty popular opinion. I find it far from urine, or at least on how I imagine urine tastes, which might not be just as it smells.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #129541 on: December 22, 2017, 03:15:39 pm »

Personally, I can't stand the taste of beer or most slightly alcoholic drinks, but I'm rather enamored with whiskey, good sake, good vodka, and, my great love, absinthe.

I'm also a cleaning drunk. As in the one time I got really hammered in college, I tried to wash my futon in the tub. Because that seemed logical. I have never been that drunk since.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129542 on: December 22, 2017, 03:21:53 pm »

Drunk people cleaning is a frustrating spectacle to watch unfold, especially when they won't stop even after you kindly ask them not to.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #129543 on: December 22, 2017, 03:46:19 pm »

Drunk people cleaning is a frustrating spectacle to watch unfold, especially when they won't stop even after you kindly ask them not to.
I would not expect drunk people to even think of cleaning. You must know some nice drunk people.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129544 on: December 22, 2017, 04:31:19 pm »

Eh. Closest I've gotten to drunk is sleep deprivation or opioid/laughing gas highs (wisdom tooth removal, no more than the doctor ordered amount, but that's all it takes, too). Can definitely see how folks get addicted to opioids, but it's (the gas, too) a pretty miserable experience to me. Not as bad as the pain was, but way shittier than my normal pretty shitty existence. That feeling of your control getting ripped away by degrees by some bloody chemical is fucking terrible, regardless of whatever the other effects are.

... that said, I think I've said it before that I'm pretty you-do-you on substance use, at least so long as I don't have to be near it. Folks can do more or less whatever they want, but watching people slowly (or quickly) get messed up on something is an exercise in existential dread every time I see it, bleh.

Bothers me less if I've never interacted with them when they're not on something, though. It's the transition and difference that's disconcerting. Goddamn real time pod person replacement in a bottle (or whatever).

Also an exercise in increasingly bad headaches, in the case of smoked stuff. Getting knocked unconscious by the pain once was one time too many. Those twits that say second-hand smoke isn't much of a concern can go jam a tiny cactus in their ear so they can know my pain [/grousing].
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129545 on: December 22, 2017, 05:43:29 pm »

Another shitty day of being treated like crap. Towards the end of the day, one guy, an 80-something year-old man who just won't die quit, nearly plows me over with a massive stock cart because he was pulling it one arm behind him, by himself. It's company policy that these carts be pulled by at least two people, and in a specific manner(generally, requiring both hands), and we have in fact fired people for pulling it incorrectly. This guy himself is certainly not supposed to be pulling something that heavy AT ALL since he's on permanent medical restriction, due to having had a simultaneous stroke and heart attack less than a year ago.

He immediately starts screaming at me as if it was my fault he was pulling it alone, and it was my fault that I was standing exactly where I'm supposed to be standing when he almost hit me.

I'm really getting tired of being treated like this.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129546 on: December 22, 2017, 05:44:40 pm »

Any chance it could just be holiday stress getting to people? I mean, Christmas is literally right around the corner.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129547 on: December 22, 2017, 05:50:18 pm »

Probably? Even so, way too many people are deflecting that stress in my direction. I've got enough just from hearing every possible rendition of "Last Christmas, I Gave You My Heart" and "Frosty the Snowman" every hour.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #129548 on: December 22, 2017, 07:33:19 pm »

There's nothing like nonstop Christmas music at work that makes me want to listen to Black Sabbath, and I have to say, it drowns it out pretty well  :P

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129549 on: December 22, 2017, 07:42:12 pm »

There’s a surprising amount of non-drinkers here. Just to provide a counter-point: drinking’s great! Except when it isn’t, but for me it is more often than not. Getting drunk, feeling happy and letting off some steam with friends; that’s great. Having a good, tasty beer at the end of a long day? Even better.

There’s a whole lot of different beers and the cheap ones aren’t generally going to taste great. I guess it’s an acquired taste even so - I know plenty of people who don’t like beer. But don’t give up from one bad beer, experiment! Personally, I do love my stouts and porters.

Ain’t nothing wrong with choosing not to drink, mind, but I was once a young ’un who didn’t like drinking and felt uneasy around alcohol. Then I gave it a shot and it turned out to be rather fun! Which isn’t to say you need it to have fun, but it is a different kind of experience than sober socializing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129550 on: December 22, 2017, 07:47:18 pm »

Steams going crazy, I can access the store pages, installed a game and such, but cannot see images/play videos in the store and cannot access anything under the username or community tabs

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #129551 on: December 22, 2017, 07:48:26 pm »

Did their holiday sale start recently?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129552 on: December 22, 2017, 07:49:40 pm »

I also cannot access any page on the browser but bay 12, and I'm not sure why, other than that I had it open before whatever.... this is started happening (just discovered this)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129553 on: December 22, 2017, 07:50:51 pm »

Did their holiday sale start recently?

Yes. They're a bit overloaded.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129554 on: December 22, 2017, 07:58:58 pm »

I also cannot access any page on the browser but bay 12, and I'm not sure why, other than that I had it open before whatever.... this is started happening (just discovered this)
This has happened to bay12ers before IIRC. Your SMSDNS server might be down, meaning the browser can't look up IP addresses. Maybe you can get to Google at http://172.217.13.228

Edit:  SMS??  Dangit, autocorrect!  I had to correct "IP" a couple times too.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 08:14:06 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 8635 8636 [8637] 8638 8639 ... 11037