Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8633 8634 [8635] 8636 8637 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14520763 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129510 on: December 21, 2017, 03:46:29 pm »

It's a new even higher level of God or something. They simply got lazy and changed the color palette and called the day. The pink marshmallow guy went good but still an asshole, which is more or less directly responsible of why Goku needed to achieve that new level to save earth once more.

Nah he's a small Indian boy now.

This is also correct. The guy got split into two parts, bad and good one. Bad one got defeated and reincarnated as the small Indian boy, the good part is just a fat ass asshole that have no qualms picking up fights with unknown people (who turn out to be gods) over a coup of desert.
Your typo works with DBZ on so many levels.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129511 on: December 21, 2017, 06:05:11 pm »

Shitty day at work. Everyone seems to have completely forgotten how to do their jobs(not much of a step down from normal) and yet everyone is getting on my case, like it's somehow my fault they suck.

I might have also shredded the inside of my left ear, possibly with my ear buds despite not putting them in that deep. I had felt something inside my ear, poked it with my finger. Felt something, and when I withdrew my finger, there was some blood. I did the stupid thing and stuck my finger in deeper to find the source, and pulled out a bloody chunk of skin. It stopped bleeding shortly afterwards. No damage to hearing ability.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129512 on: December 21, 2017, 06:19:35 pm »

It is the solstice. I went to sleep at 2 in the morning and slept until 16:31. I now work all night.

At least I have something to bring for the potluck. Maybe I'll buy produce for sides.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129513 on: December 21, 2017, 07:47:08 pm »

It is the solstice. I went to sleep at 2 in the morning and slept until 16:31. I now work all night.

At least I have something to bring for the potluck. Maybe I'll buy produce for sides.
Thematic solstice music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic3Yd0rDaoI&list=PLO9RfMQzqbj3dUxRznR20MAfZgJLzR8Um

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129514 on: December 21, 2017, 08:01:13 pm »

First track was eh, but second has me sold.

Also I finally realized, after years, that the lyrics to one of my favorite music videos was based on an Edgar Allen Poe poem.
And it makes sense, considering the video.
And of course it's about the bells, silver bells.  nngh.

Edit: That playlist is is doing well with tidings of madness and great woe.
Edit2:  Yeah that got a whole lot better.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:17:38 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129515 on: December 21, 2017, 08:26:51 pm »

Parents are watching something about the history of immigration in the US. Some location was mentioned. My mom asks, "that's not far from 9/11, is it?"
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #129516 on: December 21, 2017, 08:58:35 pm »

Parents are watching something about the history of immigration in the US. Some location was mentioned. My mom asks, "that's not far from 9/11, is it?"

Well, a video about immigration in America would kind have to touch on NYC so... she's not wrong?

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129517 on: December 21, 2017, 09:26:04 pm »

...So I guess we're forgetting the plane that hit the Pentagon and the one that went down in Pennsylvania? Also, the WTC started construction in the late 60's(opened in 1973) while the show was talking about immigration from an earlier period - particularly, the Ellis Island immigration station was closed more than a decade before the WTC was started.

Granted, she is right about it being Ellis Island being near the WTC site - about half a mile straight across the Hudson. Half-right about it being near the site of the 9/11 attacks(as only half the planes hit there), waaaay off about the dates involved.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129518 on: December 22, 2017, 09:22:43 am »

Well, did she mention anything about the dates of the events? Perhaps she was referring just to the geographical location.

In other mother-related news, I was just on the phone to mine when she suddenly launched into a bizarre, anti-vegan rant. :o
Even my dad, who grew up on a farm and was a bit drunk at the time, had the sense to check himself before saying anything too stupid and upsetting when a conversation of ours ventured onto such topics last time I visited him. This tirade, on the other hand, came entirely out of the blue.

Ah well, I guess I can save myself the trouble of visiting her next month as planned. It'd be nice to see the family pets, escape daylight savings time and eat some free food, but alas. At least I won't have to deal with the stress of airports and expensive train rides etcetera. I can focus on doing... whatever important stuff I should be doing with the start of the new year. *shrug*     
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129519 on: December 22, 2017, 10:33:54 am »

To each it's own. I jokingly didn't respect vegan people several time (joking of course, "as long you don't hurt anybody and are happy, to each it's own" it's my way to live), now I laugh at my self because I'm mostly vegetarian by force and if the trend keeps going I'll be vegan in no time hahaha
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 10:35:37 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129520 on: December 22, 2017, 10:52:51 am »

I don't know what people would have against vegan or be anti-vegan. If you don't want to eat meat, so what?

If they want to have a discussion about nutrition and protein and all that, sure, but I don't get how people would be anti-vegan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129521 on: December 22, 2017, 11:10:05 am »

Meat eating's part of a few cultural whatsits, mostly tied to some of the more irritating parts of male behavioral assumptions. That causes flak towards vegetarian dietary choices; "real" whatever eats meat, bits related to hunting culture, insinuations regarding behaviors (usually associated with negative comparisons to various herbivorous animals), and so on. It doesn't have to be particularly grounded in reality, heh.

There's also the association with left-wing political movements and any number of demeaning stereotypes regarding individuals who make the choice to eat like that. It's unusual, so it gets used as a convenient target. It's a sign largely limited to an out-group, so certain sorts are actively against it for functionally no other reason. Etc., etc., etc. It's not difficult to see how people would be anti-vegan, it just generally is a sign the person in question is something of a raging jackass.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 11:13:41 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129522 on: December 22, 2017, 11:28:05 am »

There are biological points of arguments for both sides (intestine length, stereoscopic sight...) and as pointed out there's also cultural reasons. Point is you need carbs, protein and other assorted craps to keep existing, you just need to supply it the best way you can.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #129523 on: December 22, 2017, 12:09:11 pm »

Well, you need to supply it, or at least deal with the effects of not. Situation allowing, if for whatever reason you don't want to use the best source available, that's by and large okay.

... which is good, otherwise I probably would have starved to death decades ago. Gods know why but most non-grain vegetables taste vomit-inducingly bad to me, very much literally. Probably just another quirk of shit genetics, bleh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129524 on: December 22, 2017, 12:48:58 pm »

People don't like it when people are different.

It's the same with teetotallers.
Pages: 1 ... 8633 8634 [8635] 8636 8637 ... 11037