Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8629 8630 [8631] 8632 8633 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519915 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129450 on: December 19, 2017, 12:15:25 pm »

This isn't actually something that made me go WTF, but ti will make several people at School go WTF.
Basically, I go to school with a lot of crazy people, made all the crazier that it's pretty much the oldest you can be while stupill being in school. We have a long tradition if exchanging stupid gifts, so this year, I literally went ahead and wrapped garlic, and onion, a potato, a can of beans, a box of dog food, and, my favorite, a salt and pepper shaker, but pepper comes out of the salt, and mixed spices comes out of the pepper.
Spoiler: Warning, BIG IMAGE (click to show/hide)
This is going to be !!FUN!!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129451 on: December 19, 2017, 12:21:01 pm »

Senior year tradition I guess? I'm sure nearly every highschool has it's senior year traditoon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129452 on: December 19, 2017, 12:26:33 pm »

Peanutbutter isn't an American thing, it's a Dutch invention. You got it from the Netherlands.

Got any source for that? Because obviously peanuts have been eaten for thousands of years before the Dutch ever knew about them, and even wikipedia says it's a Canadian who first patented it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129453 on: December 19, 2017, 12:50:52 pm »

Peanutbutter isn't an American thing, it's a Dutch invention. You got it from the Netherlands.

Got any source for that? Because obviously peanuts have been eaten for thousands of years before the Dutch ever knew about them, and even wikipedia says it's a Canadian who first patented it.

Probably one of those things where everybody says they invented it, but nobody agrees on who did it first. Either because theres so many variants that the origins are unclear or it had multiple orgins in many places.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #129454 on: December 19, 2017, 01:15:24 pm »

Probably one of those things where everybody says they invented it, but nobody agrees on who did it first. Either because theres so many variants that the origins are unclear or it had multiple orgins in many places.
I remember that peanut butter was made in the states because of the civil war, something about a lot of people not having teeth so they had peanut butter just for nutrition.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129455 on: December 19, 2017, 01:22:15 pm »

I remember that peanut butter was made in the states because of the civil war, something about a lot of people not having teeth so they had peanut butter just for nutrition.

That sounds pretty bogus.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129456 on: December 19, 2017, 01:24:41 pm »

That sounds pretty bogus.
yeah, but that's the only thing I've heard about peanut butter. So take that as you will.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129457 on: December 19, 2017, 01:32:05 pm »

You're thinking of George Washington Carver, who invented a bunch of non-butter uses for peanuts to encourage people to use them for crop rotation.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129458 on: December 19, 2017, 01:38:52 pm »

You're thinking of George Washington Carver, who invented a bunch of non-butter uses for peanuts to encourage people to use them for crop rotation.
oh okay, for some reason a lot of people in the states say he invented peanut butter.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #129459 on: December 19, 2017, 02:46:54 pm »

oh okay, for some reason a lot of people in the states say he invented peanut butter.
Well, 'Murricans do have a problem with not being the ones to invent everything. *cough* airplanes *cough*
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129460 on: December 19, 2017, 03:01:26 pm »

Heh, I'd heard about the Brazillian one who got his thunder stolen by the Wright brothers. Though there were a whole bunch of them at around the same time and all of them were experiments in flight.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129461 on: December 19, 2017, 03:13:29 pm »

Well, 'Murricans do have a problem with not being the ones to invent everything. *cough* airplanes *cough*
They invented the Colt revolver, can't they be happy with that?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129462 on: December 19, 2017, 03:16:50 pm »

They invented the Colt revolver, can't they be happy with that?
no, this is the united states of america. basically the annoying little brother that wants to be cool so they take credit for a lot of things they didn't do

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #129463 on: December 19, 2017, 03:54:54 pm »

Ever since FJ (who I haven't seen in forever ;_;) posted about how cheap Estonian real estate is years ago I keep having this recurring urge to make plans to move there. It's incredibly arbitrary, but I keep being seduced by the idea that right now, I have a full third enough savings to just straight up buy an apartment.

My head is weird, man.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129464 on: December 19, 2017, 05:10:26 pm »

Snip
Snip
Snip
Careful, you might stumble onto something bigger than yourselves.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 8629 8630 [8631] 8632 8633 ... 11037