Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8628 8629 [8630] 8631 8632 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519640 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129435 on: December 18, 2017, 11:39:49 am »

Oh I couldn't accept that. On one hand the postal system indeed is very bad, plus customs most of the time take and keep what they want, and even if by some miracle I managed to get it, the price tag would probably send me to live off in the streets haha :D

On the other hand I couldn't accept it. I firmly believe things must be earned or at least paid back somehow, and right know I lack the medium to do such things for anyone right now.  :-[

On the gripping hand... the headache actually subside a lot. I'll get through the day drinking plenty of water :)

Regardless, thank you very much for your offering, I really appreciate it and it fills my heart with hope that there are still good people out there.

I think of greater help would be to know which countries are taking refugees or something. Currently (on top of all crap) I feel prosecuted/excluded by the state because I haven't subscribed to their political party.

Since I haven't done it (nor I will) I can't buy food on some establishments, or receive free medical care I already pay with my taxes. Earlier this led to a situation were I needed phenobarbital for my son and I simply couldn't get it because the only ones with license to have the medicine are the public hospitals were... you guessed the "I'm a gullible idiot" party membership card is required.

By being a hardworking, law abiding, free thinker all I got was to become a second class citizen here.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 11:47:00 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129436 on: December 18, 2017, 12:02:11 pm »

What country do you live in LordBaal? Just wondering here.

*looks at his profile* Oh, Venezuela, ouch.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #129437 on: December 18, 2017, 12:53:50 pm »

I think of greater help would be to know which countries are taking refugees or something. Currently (on top of all crap) I feel prosecuted/excluded by the state because I haven't subscribed to their political party.
Brazil has been taking in Venezuelan refugees for a while now. The hard part will be crossing the frontier, since it's mostly jungle and I don't know how well both sides vying for Venezuela are restricting passage in the few spots where you can actually cross borders. An alternative would be to go east through the Guianas and then south.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129438 on: December 18, 2017, 07:48:29 pm »

Add in lentils/peanut butter/whatever. You don't need to splurge on meat to stay healthy.
Peanut butter is a very 'Murrican thing. Hard to find in South America, as far as I am aware. He should go for beans if at all possible.

Fair, I hadn't realized that. Lentils are still a god-food if you're in tight straits, beans are ofc good, &c. They're already cheap canned, but if you buy them dry they don't cost much/any more than rice. Beans/lentils over rice is the go-to staple if you need to stretch food money a long way. If you can get pretty much any type of nut without too much expense, do, they're high-protein, high on good fats, and tend to be packed with other nutrients, basically one of the most nutrient-dense types of food there is. They do tend to be pricey if they're shipped or processed, though, hence the caveat.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129439 on: December 19, 2017, 12:42:41 am »

(they also shit everywhere)
(they are birds)

(that's what they do)

(give your bird a diaper)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129440 on: December 19, 2017, 01:48:04 am »

If you have to give your bird a diaper... it's probably either time to date someone younger, or a lot older.

oh shit this isn't the terrible jokes thread
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129441 on: December 19, 2017, 04:13:15 am »

Peanutbutter isn't an American thing, it's a Dutch invention. You got it from the Netherlands. Some of my elder family members used to always take peanutbutter and Gouda cheese on the plane when they went and visited their Dutch friends in the US frequently, about 40-50 years ago, because peanutbutter was so damn hard to find in the US at that time.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #129442 on: December 19, 2017, 04:14:32 am »

the peanut butter you can buy in england is much better than the american stuff in my experience

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129443 on: December 19, 2017, 04:23:52 am »

I'm sure the English version is better than the saccharine Jiff and Peter Pan, but my previous and current city have several grocery stores where you can get it fresh-crushed.  With chocolate drops, if you like.  As a child I had some warm from grinding, right outside the local co-op, and I've never forgotten that.

I do happen to live in NC, where many peanuts are grown.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #129444 on: December 19, 2017, 05:10:53 am »

the peanut butter you can buy in england is much better than the american stuff in my experience

Hmmwellyeah, it's possible that peanut butter did exist in the States back then, but that it was so gross the Dutch peanutbutter was still a very welcome gift.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #129445 on: December 19, 2017, 06:05:07 am »

Peanutbutter isn't an American thing, it's a Dutch invention. You got it from the Netherlands. Some of my elder family members used to always take peanutbutter and Gouda cheese on the plane when they went and visited their Dutch friends in the US frequently, about 40-50 years ago, because peanutbutter was so damn hard to find in the US at that time.

It doesn't matter where it was invented, it's still an American thing.

Gouda

Ew ew ew ew ew
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129446 on: December 19, 2017, 06:28:11 am »

Yeah pretty much, peanut butter might have been invented in other place but I can attest that is largely viewed as one of the most American things around.

We are getting by with beans already. They give me bad cases of gases but is still better than starvation so I can't complain. However other people know this, and if you factor in the scarcity and the black market... 1 kg of lentis or beans can go anywhere from 30 cents to 1.5 dollars. I earn about 5 dollars per month...

So far I haven't been able to grow my own beams just yet.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 06:30:18 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #129447 on: December 19, 2017, 09:45:48 am »

I hope things get better for you LordBaal
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129448 on: December 19, 2017, 11:53:40 am »

I hope you're at least able to get out of there LordBaal, Venezuela is horribly sucky right now, evidently.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129449 on: December 19, 2017, 12:06:46 pm »

If you have to give your bird a diaper... it's probably either time to date someone younger, or a lot older.

oh shit this isn't the terrible jokes thread

Is that a British slang joke?
Pages: 1 ... 8628 8629 [8630] 8631 8632 ... 11037