Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8618 8619 [8620] 8621 8622 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517601 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129285 on: December 09, 2017, 04:15:30 am »

It's also possible to fit far more urinals into an equivalent space than full toilets, which is extremely useful for public facilities.
No, it's not - we've been over this!
I thought pre-emptively rebutting that argument would have saved me the trouble of making this post. :))

I used to be shy of urinals due to my anxiety and as such probably biased against them, but even now that I've gotten over that they are still an inefficient waste of space and resources without any redeeming qualities, apart from perhaps affordability I suppose - and that's just a matter of cutting corners.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #129286 on: December 09, 2017, 04:17:56 am »

It's also possible to fit far more urinals into an equivalent space than full toilets, which is extremely useful for public facilities.
No, it's not - we've been over this!
I thought pre-emptively rebutting that argument would have saved me the trouble of making this post. :))

With properly done privacy barriers, it really isn't an issue. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129287 on: December 09, 2017, 04:20:15 am »

What isn't an issue? ???
In any case, if you're going to have separate urinals with barriers between them you might as well quit pussyfooting around and just install proper toilet stalls already.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #129288 on: December 09, 2017, 04:21:51 am »

What isn't an issue? ???
In any case, if you're going to have separate urinals with barriers between them you might as well quit pussyfooting around and just install proper toilet stalls already.

Crowding in. You know, your argument. :P

And even quite thorough privacy barriers are about two-thirds the size of a full cubicle, so I stand by what I said.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129289 on: December 09, 2017, 04:30:24 am »

WTF:  I don't have any of this problem with public restrooms, but I get extremely uncomfortable walking into non-chain stores.  Stores where the proprietor might take a personal interest in trying to sell me something.

I was recently in a wonderful book store in a rural town a few states away, with my mom.  I liked a lot of what I was seeing, but I just couldn't focus.  We were the only people in the store, and the proprietor was just... watching us (that's how I felt, that is).  It was one of the most awkward moments I've had in years.  It had nothing to do with him.

Similarly, I dropped by a local festival last week, which had a booth about protecting a local stream.  Right up my alley.  I wandered around a little then quickly left.  So... personal.
I'm used to having long hair *now*, but it may have originally been because I always found haircutting... distressingly intimate.  Like a long physical exam, in public.  I hated having it cut professionally, I tried to do it myself a couple times instead.

But yeah, I can pee just fine.  Shit's irrational, I guess :P

Edit:  My mom and I visited a different bookstore last month, where I technically knew the proprietor from many years ago.  He obviously didn't remember me, which probably was pretty awkward as I insistently talked about the times we'd had a couple decades ago.  Still, that tenuous one-sided connection was plenty to put me at ease, and I purchased a nice load of interesting books (:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:36:24 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129290 on: December 09, 2017, 04:34:04 am »

I can only imagine your reactions to "personalized product offerings"...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129291 on: December 09, 2017, 04:40:54 am »

It's okay if it's an AI.  I don't have to consider an AI's feelings - I think that's the problem.  An AI won't be offended if I browse for a while then just leave.  If an AI tries to make conversation, I can just slap it aside.  And when an AI is insightful, I can stop and consider what information I've exposed to it, and form a solid theory about how it arrived at that recommendation.  I can comprehend and dismiss it as a curiosity.

Can't really do that to someone who's cutting pieces off me while massaging my brain-case, and attempting small-talk about... sports, or whatever.  People that close deserve more respect than I can just summon up!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129292 on: December 09, 2017, 04:44:01 am »

You dont have a spectrum disorder do you?  Distress over touching (of any kind) is a common feature, even in high function.

Anyhow, I am distressed by AI tracking.  It is not that I feel the computer is itself capable of malice; rather, the purpose for the tracking is decidedly NOT for my benefit, but for shameless commercial interest. I find the inability to choose NOT to be monetized in that way highly invasive, and abusive.

Haircut? meh. Not a problem.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129293 on: December 09, 2017, 04:53:19 am »

People around me used to suggest that I might have some degree of high-functioning asbergers, yeah.  I don't have a diagnosis.
Or coverage, currently.

I don't want to claim a condition without a professional opinion.  Even if I do, I get by just fine, particularly nowadays.
Possible alcoholism notwithstanding.  Likewise high-functioning.

...When I do touch people, it's particularly nice.  I believe I get more from hugs than most people do.  But that's only for very close family/partners.
She/they

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #129294 on: December 09, 2017, 04:54:11 am »

Urinals can be made cleanly and inoffensively completely waterless. It's very common around here. It's also possible to fit far more urinals into an equivalent space than full toilets, which is extremely useful for public facilities.

Yeah, seriously--all the urinals I saw in britain were insanely better than the ones in american and they didn't flush

People around me used to suggest that I might have some degree of high-functioning asbergers, yeah.  I don't have a diagnosis.

asperger syndrome is now considered basically just an alternative term for high-functioning autism spectrum disorder--the high-functioning there is a bit redundant

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #129295 on: December 09, 2017, 05:01:38 am »

... as far as I remember it's actually regarded as distinct. Though this might have changed in the last 5 years
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #129296 on: December 09, 2017, 05:49:45 am »

DSM-5 was 4 years ago

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129297 on: December 09, 2017, 09:14:11 am »

Last I checked, it was always considered part of autism, but some newer thing decided to merge them into one thing but still technically different, it's like shrodinger's disorder

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129298 on: December 09, 2017, 03:19:04 pm »

So, I've drank two cups of coffee to counteract the lingering effects of a sleeping aid I took last night, and it's one of the oddest scatterbrained feelings I've had.

Usually when I get like this, it's because I think of something, and my brain switches tracks before I can finish the thought. Right now it's closer to my thoughts are going slower than usual, but my brain feels like it should be going at super speed so it's switching to a new thought before the old one can finish because my brain can't keep up with its own expectations.
Huh. Is it an improvement?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #129299 on: December 09, 2017, 04:07:26 pm »

My left eye is hurting for some reason.

I don't know why.

I also don't know if keeping it closed is helping any. Doesn't seem like it is...
Pages: 1 ... 8618 8619 [8620] 8621 8622 ... 11037