Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8614 8615 [8616] 8617 8618 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14516988 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #129225 on: December 06, 2017, 05:18:53 pm »

As long as the game still has the other's humor in it, I'm good

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #129226 on: December 06, 2017, 06:17:08 pm »

As long as the game still has the other's humor in it, I'm good
i lied
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129227 on: December 06, 2017, 07:05:01 pm »

Spent a long day at work, pushing myself to exhaustion exacerbated by poor sleep(tried new memory foam pillows yesterday, surprisingly, unpleasantly hard). It started when I was asked to maintain part of a coworker's(I'm told he's my cousin as well) section as well as mine since they needed him in the back for something this morning. I discover that the entire time he's worked here he seems to have no grasp whatsoever of what he's supposed to do every morning. The entire rest of the day is spent busting my ass, as everyone else doesn't.

I left, tired and with sore shoulders. Then I discover that we have to go pick up my stepdad from the eye doctor's. Only there, we find he hasn't been seen yet, and in fact wait two goddamn hours in a cramped jeep waiting for him. I only now just got home to eat dinner. I left work almost 3 hours ago.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129228 on: December 06, 2017, 11:28:17 pm »

The CRT I use for retro games died without warning today. That is going to be rather difficult to replace, and my spare is only half the size.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129229 on: December 06, 2017, 11:50:05 pm »

My wtf is that people still don't understand Derm's style of moderation and insist on freaking out when the OOCQ thread gets locked for obvious reasons. :o

Edit: the book I am reading briefly referenced Brigham Young in the context of polygamy, and since I had no idea who that was I looked him up. Now I am caught in a Wikipedia binge of crazed religious figures, mercenary companies, wagon train massacres, politicking, native revenge scenarios, looting and re-selling dead people's clothing ala DF or Rimworld, ridiculous facial hair, frontier feuds, harems, bloodless guerilla warfare, silly names and various other "wild west" shenanigans instead of actually, y'know, reading my book. >.>
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 01:30:03 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129230 on: December 07, 2017, 04:51:04 am »

The CRT I use for retro games died without warning today. That is going to be rather difficult to replace, and my spare is only half the size.

Shit, you pay the shipping, I have a closet full of 19" and bigger CRTs.

Or, you can try Ebay.  This is basically the exact monitor I have in my "makeshift repair bay" for legacy systems that show up.
https://www.ebay.com/p/KDS-Visual-Sensations-VS-190-19-CRT-Monitor/109227915

Price seems reasonable.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 04:55:28 am by wierd »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129231 on: December 07, 2017, 06:07:42 am »

Huh, just the other day, the manager told the people who handle donations to stop taking in CRT TVs, it's hard to fit them on the shelves and people don't really buy them anymore.

Not sure if I should curse these new pillows I got. On the one hand, I'm definitely getting a full sleep, on the other, they're rock hard and I've been waking up sore. Maybe I still need to get used to them. I'm also about to replace the mattress with a nice 12" memory foam mattress; it's already in the room, I've just been waiting for it to decompress before I swap them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129232 on: December 07, 2017, 10:54:57 am »

Why is Weebly so damn hard to use? Laggy, too.

Because it's a website builder, not web design software. There's no point making it good when better tools already exist, just with higher barriers to entry.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 10:56:52 am by Trekkin »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129233 on: December 07, 2017, 11:55:00 am »

Huh, just the other day, the manager told the people who handle donations to stop taking in CRT TVs, it's hard to fit them on the shelves and people don't really buy them anymore.

Just now? The donation-based shops around here did that years ago. I think Savers was still taking them at donation centers, but the stores had signs up until they closed without warning.

Shit, you pay the shipping, I have a closet full of 19" and bigger CRTs.

Or, you can try Ebay.  This is basically the exact monitor I have in my "makeshift repair bay" for legacy systems that show up.
https://www.ebay.com/p/KDS-Visual-Sensations-VS-190-19-CRT-Monitor/109227915

Price seems reasonable.

While the offer is appreciated, my spare is a 20". The one that died was 30+", and those are pretty expensive on Ebay.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #129234 on: December 07, 2017, 11:59:24 am »

CRT guys, you can hook retro consoles up to modern tvs (just need an adapter). I'm guessing you don't want to use normal tvs, but it should hold you over until you find "new" CRTs.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129235 on: December 07, 2017, 12:02:30 pm »

Unless you purchase very high end (and very expensive) scaler boxes, modern TVs look like shit with old consoles, and usually suffer from massive input lag.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129236 on: December 07, 2017, 12:11:30 pm »

I didn't say modern I just said normal. something like an old flat screen, I have one from around 2012.
as for the scaler boxes you don't need one for HDMI (or at all if you use the a tv like I recommended), I use a RF converter that connects from my nes to my cable box, all I had to do was swap the cable for my tv out with the RF converter when I turn my nes it works perfectly fine (looks good too)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:15:45 pm by deathpunch578 »
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #129237 on: December 07, 2017, 12:15:33 pm »

Any flat screen, non-CRT TV is incredibly bad to play retro consoles on. The time that it takes for the signal to be internally converted from analog to digital WILL result in a lag on your controls (which ranges from annoying but manageable to utterly unplayable - I once hooked my SNES to my CRT and my flat-screen simultaneously - by the end of one Castlelvania IV level, the time difference was nearly four minutes), and the video WILL look horrible unless you're used to playing on emulators because the graphics are not supposed to have pixels that crisp.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129238 on: December 07, 2017, 12:17:09 pm »

I will say I am used to emulators, but on my real nes I have noticed no delay with button presses.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129239 on: December 07, 2017, 01:02:54 pm »

(Or you could just hook your PC up to the telly and emulate.)
Pages: 1 ... 8614 8615 [8616] 8617 8618 ... 11037