Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8598 8599 [8600] 8601 8602 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517814 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128985 on: November 26, 2017, 12:33:53 am »

I get the strange feeling that TrumpyBear will someday be worth a significant amount of money, because of how historically bad Trump's presidency is/will be in a historical context.  Its kinda like having vintage Nixon merch.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128986 on: November 26, 2017, 02:15:20 am »

I get the strange feeling that TrumpyBear will someday be worth a significant amount of money, because of how historically bad Trump's presidency is/will be in a historical context.  Its kinda like having vintage Nixon merch.

Well, Nixon resigned 43 years ago, so you're looking at around 2060 for Trump merchandise to accrue the same kind of value. By that point, we will have been at war in Afghanistan for 59 years and have had at least four decades of corporate-censored Internet, to say nothing of the mounting climate catastrophes.

They won't want Trumpy Bears. Victory Gin might be a solid investment, though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #128987 on: November 26, 2017, 03:02:29 am »

Watched the M Night Shyamalan movie Split, starring James McAvoy as someone with 23 personalities. It gets right into it like; sort of gives one character in it early on personality, described by another character, and then BOOM, right to the premise.

It was alright, remained consistent for the most part, though the wtf I guess is from the conclusions the psychologist was drawing at one point regarding split personalities, which were never really explored beyond the whole “we are who we believe we are” thing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128988 on: November 26, 2017, 03:23:46 am »

Dissociative disorders like "Multiple Personality Disorder" are often associated with inability to cope with a situation, or event.

Your child and wife die, and you just cant handle it-- BOOM-- To cope with the psychic trauma, you either have a period of fugue (where you forget everything about everything, and even forget who you are for awhile), or where your mind creates a new "you" that is harder/harsher, and better able to deal with it. (this latter is contested, as with the very existence of MPD as a real disorder, last I checked.)  From then on, having created this alternate "whipping boy" persona, whenever sufficiently traumatic events happen, this alternate persona manifests to deal with it. That's at least the cliche form anyway.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/conditions/dissociative-identity-disorder-multiple-personality-disorder

A person with 23 discrete personality fragments would have had a very rough life indeed.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:26:28 am by wierd »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128989 on: November 26, 2017, 05:43:15 am »

It's not helped because the person who sparked off the popular multiple personality concept, aka "Sybil" later admitted that her personalities were a hoax. Basically it's hard to get good information because the popular idea is completely swamped by major hoaxes. In the 70's and 80's there were lots of books, documentaries and tv segments / specials of people pushing the "Sybil" type thing, along with supposed mediums channeling "spirits" from other planets / eras. Plenty of pseudoscience surrounding this and related fields.

So this M Night Shyamalan movie sounds like it's based on the "Sybil" type concept of multiple personalities which was exposed as mostly hoaxes / pseudoscience / pop psychology rather than actual cognitive science.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:51:16 am by Reelya »

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #128990 on: November 26, 2017, 06:27:27 am »

And here I was thinking M.Nights works were curated genius.
Haha like when a boys brother is a mouse

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128991 on: November 26, 2017, 06:31:04 am »

Spoiler: love life (click to show/hide)

its unsatisfactory.  I'm not willing to quit, but I've told her that one day I'll just stop calling.  and that we arent dating.  its frustrating, and I'm not sure if not sex is better/healthier than ungratifying sex.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128992 on: November 26, 2017, 08:43:08 am »

sex should never be a goal IMHO, but then again, this is an asexual talking...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128993 on: November 26, 2017, 10:36:07 am »

No, I agree. I've been attracted to plenty of people I know rationally are eejits. It's a baby-making urge, not a life-sharer finding urge.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128994 on: November 26, 2017, 01:17:47 pm »

If the only connection you have with the girl is sex, there's no way you can have a happy relationship.

Sex is part of a romantic relationship, yes, but it's only part, and not the most important part by far.

If you can't connect emotionally with somebody, and, as you said, the sex isn't satisfying because you don't feel any connection with her, I'd cut it off, especially if she expects something more.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128995 on: November 26, 2017, 04:10:22 pm »

I am currently wearing a polo shirt. In public.
O, such humiliation. :-\

At least I ended up with the lesser evil of chinos as opposed to the prescribed "slacks", whatever those even are.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #128996 on: November 26, 2017, 04:34:53 pm »

I am currently wearing a polo shirt. In public.
O, such humiliation. :-\

At least I ended up with the lesser evil of chinos as opposed to the prescribed "slacks", whatever those even are.
Rescind your foul words towards the polo.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #128997 on: November 26, 2017, 04:52:55 pm »

If the only connection you have with the girl is sex

Bad sex, at that, per his own words..
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128998 on: November 26, 2017, 05:02:37 pm »

The hell is wrong with polo shirts?  ???
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128999 on: November 26, 2017, 05:06:58 pm »

THEY ONLY HAVE THREE BUTTONS WHY HAVE BUTTONS AT ALL IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO COMMIT GODDAMNIT WHAT IS THE POINT JUST DECIDE ON EITHER A T-SHIRT OR A BUTTON-UP JEEZ

Although at least the material of this is much nicer than the weird, glossy synthetic fabric of the button-ups that were my other choice.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 8598 8599 [8600] 8601 8602 ... 11037