Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8596 8597 [8598] 8599 8600 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517257 times)

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128955 on: November 24, 2017, 07:19:21 pm »

That pun made me squirm. Don't try to hook me

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128956 on: November 24, 2017, 08:52:24 pm »

Is this super common or what? I have never seen a plump helmet man monster slayer. He is literally made of food. The relative bravery, guile, and power of this crusader against evil must be staggering. I look forward to seeing what his deal is.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128957 on: November 24, 2017, 08:59:28 pm »

Also worked Black Friday retail. Aside from opening half an hour early, and some coworkers possibly trying to sabotage my work(alternate explanation, they're goddamn incompetent), there wasn't anything happening. There was one incident where someone found a bottle labeled "holy water", and started splashing it around like they were sanctifying the place with it, and the room smelled like ashes for a while afterwards. I'm actually pretty irritated with that, there's a very good reason why nobody is supposed to be playing with liquids. I still remember the incident where someone found a bottle of pepper spray.

It was actually rather uneventful. There was a bunch of sales on gun safes, some truck boxes, and bird seed, but that's about it.  It was honesty busier last Saturday.
I'm curious if anyone got all three at once and if any of them were named "Wile E. Coyote".

Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence.

I also had to work black Friday! At a library at tech support. So slow.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128958 on: November 24, 2017, 09:37:24 pm »

Also worked Black Friday retail. Aside from opening half an hour early, and some coworkers possibly trying to sabotage my work(alternate explanation, they're goddamn incompetent), there wasn't anything happening. There was one incident where someone found a bottle labeled "holy water", and started splashing it around like they were sanctifying the place with it, and the room smelled like ashes for a while afterwards. I'm actually pretty irritated with that, there's a very good reason why nobody is supposed to be playing with liquids. I still remember the incident where someone found a bottle of pepper spray.

It was actually rather uneventful. There was a bunch of sales on gun safes, some truck boxes, and bird seed, but that's about it.  It was honesty busier last Saturday.
I'm curious if anyone got all three at once and if any of them were named "Wile E. Coyote".

Sounds like you have some real idiots at your workplace.

Is this super common or what? I have never seen a plump helmet man monster slayer. He is literally made of food. The relative bravery, guile, and power of this crusader against evil must be staggering. I look forward to seeing what his deal is.

Behold the DF story generator! It did spawn the likes of that famous elf, forget the name (yes, call me a heretic, lol), treebeard or something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128959 on: November 24, 2017, 10:28:58 pm »

So bloody tired today. Had too many dramatic dreams last night to get much sleep. I'm out of coffee. I actually went and bought some food from the supermarket but didn't remember my need for coffee until I was at the checkout and was already too sick of the shopping experience to be bothered going back for it. Anxious. Somehow my tiredness simultaneously is making me more anxious than usual, but also less likely to freak out completely about minor embarrassments. Still stressful though.

I have several things I am supposed to be doing today but I have accomplished none of them. Tried to buy a black collared workshirt but there are apparently so such shirts to be had around here. I thought I found one but it was really dark blue and I think I am maybe a little colourblind.

Hopefully I can at least make it to the gig I'm heading to tonight before 6pm to get a $10 jug of beer. I feel like cold beer is something I need right now.

It's not even very hot today compared to the weather we've been having, but the description of a swelteringly hot day in The Great Gatsby was so vivid that after reading it it feels ten degrees hotter than it really is.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128960 on: November 24, 2017, 10:43:29 pm »

Don't drink the jug of beer all at once though. Unless it's not a gallon container as I'm imagining it.

Also, it's Australia, which is like 90%* arid and hot.

*Okay, yeah, I'll admit I'm exaggerating a bit for dramaticness. Though a huge amount of it really is desert and arid scrub.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:46:43 pm by smjjames »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #128961 on: November 24, 2017, 10:45:51 pm »

There is something fundamentally absurd about 2 $35.00 concert tickets costing $96. There really needs to be some regulation of these "because we can" fees.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128962 on: November 24, 2017, 10:50:34 pm »

Don't drink the jug of beer all at once though. Unless it's not a gallon container as I'm imagining it.
Nah, after a bit of a Google a jug is apparently less than half of a gallon.
[spoiler=See here.]

Now you've made me sad that our pubs don't sell beer by the gallon. :(
Also it's only 32 degrees, apparently! And it's not even overly sunny.
Just feels weirdly hot. Maybe I've a fever.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #128963 on: November 24, 2017, 10:54:55 pm »

A 1.1 liter "jug" would be about a third of a US gallon or around a quarter of a British one.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128964 on: November 24, 2017, 10:56:42 pm »

Humidity probably, humid heat can feel hotter than dry heat.

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #128965 on: November 25, 2017, 12:29:42 am »

I'll take a gallon of apple juice sir.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128966 on: November 25, 2017, 12:37:03 am »

Australia has the best criminals (after USA of course)
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/perth-man-charged-over-alleged-45-minute-naked-solo-crime-spree/news-story/1f1b72877f0a98e536b9a10a22e2173a

A guy in Perth went on a naked home-invasion crime spree. I would have put this in the funny thread except the attacks including bricking a sleeping woman in the head, pitchfork attacks and trying to set people on fire with petrol.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128967 on: November 25, 2017, 02:09:52 am »

A 1.1 liter "jug" would be about a third of a US gallon or around a quarter of a British one.
U so cray-cray
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128968 on: November 25, 2017, 02:12:48 am »

Can someone draw this? Pwetty pwease?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128969 on: November 25, 2017, 03:33:38 am »

Sitting here at work.

One of our residents is deciding to burn the midnight oil.  They are watching the history channel.

Naturally, It *has* to be "Ancient Aliens".  (because that is all History covers these days. For reasons I cannot fathom.)

Today's episode-- Transhumanism, drugs to extend human life, genetic engineering, et al--- YUP, all extraterrestrial, somehow.

Because

1) The desire to transcend your limitations via technology is not as old as human kind, and just as ubiquitous-- NO, aliens MUST be involved!
2) The cultural ubiquity of drugs to extend life in ancient myths does not stem from a universal fear of death in mankind-- NO, the aliens MUST have had a REAL THING!
3) Genetic engineering is totally us copying aliens! No other reason!

I can feel my brain shrinking from the passive exposure to this program.  Somebody should do a study to see if programs like this cause increased progression in elders with dementia, so we can have a legitimate reason to turn this shit off.

Edit

Oh gawd it is getting worse.  Now, they are yabbering about nanorobotics, and how "if we can master that, we can become more like our ancient alien ancestors," and then it doubled down on the stupid with "Ancient messopotamian tablets record the continued rule of ancient kings for thousands of years, giving strong proof that rulers in the past enjoyed tremendously long lifetimes."

Apparently the concept of religious cult of personality in establishing a dynastic mythos is lost on these people, even though they need look no further than the Kim dynasty in North Korea. No, clearly it is all the work of ancient aliens, because damnit, aliens.  ALIENS.

....  Urgh.  My brains reject this thing with such intensity!

Edit again

URGH-- NO, they are NOT true historical documents! NO!.  UNNGH... 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 03:43:05 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 8596 8597 [8598] 8599 8600 ... 11037