Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8590 8591 [8592] 8593 8594 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14516958 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128865 on: November 19, 2017, 02:15:55 pm »

Nonsense. Spoons are flatware.

No its curvedware

REAL SPOONS HAVE CURVES
How are you going to have soup with a flat spoon? Checkmate atheists!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128866 on: November 19, 2017, 02:36:35 pm »

Random question: do idiomatic puns count in a pun war?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128867 on: November 19, 2017, 03:06:22 pm »

Only if they're also idiotic.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #128868 on: November 19, 2017, 04:18:07 pm »

Give us a punxample.
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128869 on: November 19, 2017, 05:16:49 pm »

The fourth punic war.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128870 on: November 19, 2017, 05:25:06 pm »

* Khan Boyzitbig Trots off to build a fort in the alps muttering something about elephants and calling the fort "Boatmurdered"
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128871 on: November 19, 2017, 05:44:46 pm »

Someone's in for some serious punishment.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128872 on: November 19, 2017, 06:57:58 pm »

Nonsense. Spoons are flatware.

No its curvedware

REAL SPOONS HAVE CURVES
How are you going to have soup with a flat spoon? Checkmate atheists!

"Well friend, you didn't know Ysgramor."
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #128873 on: November 19, 2017, 07:21:50 pm »

It's fairly easy, anyway, if kinda' leaning towards messy. Much like eating soup with a knife or sans silverware outright, you put your mouth to the edge of the container and use the flat bit to shovel things into the gullet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #128874 on: November 20, 2017, 08:31:56 am »

Something wierd nicely wrote had me remembering my curiosity on some social differences I've noticed when I've seen parts of stuffs in my country, on why our capital somehow has some...jarring behaviors that aren't the same in our areas (while I'm near/in a city, it isn't that widespread because MOUNTAIN CITY and background roots).

I was also wondering on the background of isolation, depression, and other factors within urban life and such--and the social component was pretty much a common thing. It was nice reading wierd's writing though, as it reminded me of...the background of most of the people I come in contact with.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #128875 on: November 20, 2017, 09:06:34 am »

Having an argument with my dad about money. He's insisting that it's ok for me to ask for anything and continue leeching off his work while being completely unable to accept that maybe I want to work and earn something for myself?

Like, here's a man who's been working for the past 40 years without stopping, from the moment he finished highschool, even when he retired, and he is unable to grasp the concept of someone not wanting the fruits of his labor but instead prefering to grow their own?

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128876 on: November 20, 2017, 09:15:22 am »

That sounds like a common thing with caring parents :O Suggest your independence calmly in turn--to me they sound concerned, or add in that you would like to work too for additional [...], while being okay with his idea. Self-pride to be told gently.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128877 on: November 20, 2017, 09:19:08 am »

I dont want to be "that guy" Jopax, but your dad is also trying to make you understand his perspective; You are a very important part of his world, and he wants to make it so you dont have to work hard for everything/ wants a better life for you.

Rather than argue with him, you need to meaningfully cultivate a *new relationship* with him. In his heart, you will always be something like a 4 or 5 year old kid running around with a favorite toy he got you for christmas. You need to help him let go of that, and see you as a maturing soon to be adult, who has needs to become self sufficient. To cultivate that new relationship, he needs to let go of the old one, and let it be only a warm memory. That transition cannot be sharp and abrupt. It has to develop "organically."  One way is to have a real heart to heart with him, instead of an argument, in which you address that you understand his feelings, but that he needs to understand that you are no longer the 5 year old with the new toy truck, and that now your needs have changed as you have gotten older; now you need to learn how to stand on your own without him; it is not that you are rejecting him, or his love for you. It is that you need different things from him now.

That's the most sage advice I can give you to better address this problem with your father before it gets more ugly.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128878 on: November 20, 2017, 09:33:01 am »

I dont want to be "that guy"
You sound like my parents when they nudged my uncle about why my nephew in the same position refused money. :P Yaaay advice.

...Although I've no idea what anyone means by referencing 'that guy' anywhere. I've read those phrases a lot and I don't know what it references. (I assumed someone unspeakable but that seemed too extreme for the context everytime)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #128879 on: November 20, 2017, 09:43:22 am »

While I get that perspective, and his as well, he's one of those people who'll listen and then promptly forget or ignore everything he's been told and do whatever he decided to do anyways. I've lost count of the amount of times where I've had the same goddamn argument about something with him, simply because he leaves it completely the same as he entered it, and then with a completely straight face says he doesn't understand why I get so angry when discussing such simple things (mostly because it's a damn waste of time since he'll forget or ignore all of it afterwards).

And I get that it's best to do this gradually, but I'm almost 25, I've finished school, I've been back home for over a year now, looking for work, and now that I've potentially found some abroad it's suddenly a problem.

And I honestly think that this is his only way of expressing love or care, trough money, because that's pretty much all he ever did, either because it was easy or because he was incapable of learning any other way. Regardless of that, that's on him to fix if he wants to (and he's shown zero inclination to do so), but I've told him countless times, I'd much rather have him spend the money on himself and the things he enjoys doing, hell, maybe even try fixing some of the health issues he got over the years, but it's always met with a shrug and the now infuriating statement that he's much happier to spend it on me. It's never occured to him (despite being told several times this exact thing) that maybe I'd rather have a healthy dad that doesn't complain about how his boss is an utter shithead than a few extra bills to spend on random shit I don't need.

I appreciate the advice guys, I really do, but I feel this is beyond me now, he won't change and I don't particularly feel like spending inordinate amounts of time and energy trying to fruitlessly change him.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 8590 8591 [8592] 8593 8594 ... 11037