Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8589 8590 [8591] 8592 8593 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517382 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128850 on: November 18, 2017, 11:20:30 pm »

Like, okay, this is coming from someone that has legitimately spent half their life in front of a computer screen, it took me like five minutes to find what you were talking about. It was in the very last place I suspected.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128851 on: November 19, 2017, 03:13:49 am »

This tram is either really late, or it left severely early before I reached the stop.
Either way I'm mad about it. >:(

Edit: (more major wtf)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How tf does this guy still have enough fans to tour at all, let alone all the way to Australia?
I guess it's kind of impressive, really, when you think about it.

Edit edit: okay, apparently there are no trams through here at the moment, they're replaced with buses. Where tf is the bus, then? And why is this situation not advertised with signs?
I could have missed a bus as it passed, considering I didn't know I was waiting for one - although there was at least one person waiting at this stop as long as I have been, so he woulda have to have fucked up as well.
I think it was just an early bus driver. Truly the worst kind of bus driver.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:24:48 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128852 on: November 19, 2017, 04:57:22 am »

Who's Milo Yiannonapouloulousos?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #128853 on: November 19, 2017, 05:10:50 am »

A mimic chest with frosted tips

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #128854 on: November 19, 2017, 05:15:02 am »

Visited r/ireland by accident.
Apparently calling for the genocide of Irish Travelers is a normal and accepted thing there. At least, the comments I have seen were moderately upvoted. So that is an interesting thing I have learned today.
I've never heard anything of the sort.   ???

Also, while there are certainly racist people in every country and every region, my impression is that in Ireland it's certainly  uncommon.  So far my experience with Irish people is that they are very welcoming of strangers.

Also: bear in mind that reddit might attract odd people.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #128855 on: November 19, 2017, 05:42:01 am »

Thing is, the travellers are a sort of domestic other. Probably seen like gypsies are in these parts of europe, thieving beggars who are always out to get you (and while that may be true of certain individuals, most of them seem to be folks struggling to live under that stigma).

Wouldn't at all be suprised if those redditors are the irish equivalent of the basement dwelling armchair nazis in the US, big on online words but laughable idiots otherwise.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128856 on: November 19, 2017, 06:48:42 am »

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/south-korea-not-doing-enough-to-protect-women-human-rights-watch/news-story/54e35a1eb79aeb43d27d302e16134df4

This kind of thing in the media makes me grump a bit:

Alarmingly, South Korea had the third-highest rate at 52.5 per cent, of female murder victims in the world, a United Nations Office of Drugs and Crime report in 2014
revealed.

e.g. "Alarmingly", you're no more likely to be killed if your male or female. Things only feel right if men are disproportionately being randomly killed. Proportionate things aren't alarming, sorry.

However, overall homicide rates in South Korea, which has a population of 51.25 million people, were among the lowest in the world — below one per 100,000 people in 2012, the UN report said.

Oh right ... so it's like the safest place in the world but because men aren't disproportionately being murdered compared to women, it's a problem. The article's twist is the real problem. Well I guess if there's a huge outbreak of gang-related murders causing male deaths to spike up, then that would fix the statistics problem according to this writer's logic.

In fact, the homicide rate for just women is about half in South Korea compared to wonderful USA. How is that a problem for South Korean women just because more men aren't being murdered? South Korean women are better off because both they themselves and their male relatives are less likely to be murdered than in the USA. Shrieking about how it's terrible because there isn't a skewed gender balance to this statistic is clearly a load of B.S.

Reminds me of something I heard about during the 2008 recession. Some articles were ringing alarm bells because the proportion of female work-related deaths had gone up from 7% to a bit higher. Somebody should do something to protect teh wimminz I tell you! However, the cause was statistical - total workplace deaths fell because of all the construction workers laid off, and that caused a dip in male deaths, meaning that relavtive to male deaths, female deaths now represented a bigger percentage. But still, the male percentage only dropped from 93% of workplace deaths to 80-something percent. Clearly, men were still bearing the brunt, but that's discounted completely - the rate should be 100% male deaths or it's just no good!. But ... how is that even feminist? If we give women all the same treatment, responsibilities and trust in their abilities that we give men, then the male/female workplace death ratio should naturally approach 50% female deaths.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:23:51 am by Reelya »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128857 on: November 19, 2017, 07:25:05 am »

Toilet clogged. Hooray. And it looks like it's the cesspool backing up(due to rain) is the reason.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128858 on: November 19, 2017, 10:48:07 am »

You could tell all of your flatmates at once (don't know how many you have) about it and that you're not happy about it.

Also, since when is a spoon referred to as 'cutlery'? Heh.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128859 on: November 19, 2017, 10:52:35 am »

You could tell all of your flatmates at once (don't know how many you have) about it and that you're not happy about it.
Never in the same place at the same time. I have, however, left a note that should be obvious.

Guy I suspect is the guy next door to me that keeps making thudding noises (mentioned him a couple times before). Primarily suspect him because I caught him going through everyone's cupboards searching for a bottle opener.

Oh, boardinghouse type situation? Thought it was a shared apartment sort of thing.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #128860 on: November 19, 2017, 11:16:12 am »

Scooplery.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128861 on: November 19, 2017, 11:22:07 am »

Scooplery.
A fork is stablery, if anyone cares.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128862 on: November 19, 2017, 01:17:48 pm »

Nonsense. Spoons are flatware.

overseer05-15