Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8588 8589 [8590] 8591 8592 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517291 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128835 on: November 18, 2017, 08:42:50 am »

To get what you're looking at all you have to do with the new Firefox is hit alt and click View->Toolbars->Menu Bar. It's exactly the same as before.

But hey, I just found that I can in fact drag buttons into the menu bar. I don't know if you could do that in the old Firefox.

idk, but I like having the menu bar hidden for extra space and less clutter. Having to click alt when I need it isn't any sort of cost.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 08:46:59 am by Reelya »

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128836 on: November 18, 2017, 08:59:54 am »

Tabs right under the address bar, I guess. Which, I'll be honest, sounds utterly terrible. So much wasted space. I can only assume that people who like it that way are horrible cannibals or something, because their judgement is clearly lacking. :P
Does the address bar magically take fewer pixels if it's under the tabs versus above it?

The only arguments I would make are based on use cases - are you more likely to want to switch between tabs that are already open, or are you more likely to want to type in the "address bar"?  The thing you want to do most should have the largest "hit area" - which means at the top.

I would say - if you can't choose which one you want, the UI has failed.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128837 on: November 18, 2017, 10:59:33 am »

Damn, that is kinda lame

Yeah, it's just the whole sillyness of it, at least from a perspective of a guy.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128838 on: November 18, 2017, 05:36:40 pm »

Only two people were rolling clothes racks, both of them lazy assholes taking 20-30 minutes a rack each(the rule is 10 minutes a rack). It's getting backed up to the point that I'm tightly pressed between the rack in front of me that I'm sorting, and the 12 or so behind me that are ready to go. I'm also starting to get in the way of the recyclers doing their job. I tell the supervisor that the two rollers need to go faster. She responds "well, there's only two of them", suggesting that since there's only two, they should be allowed to work slower to deal with the backlog. Logic, wherefuck art thou?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #128839 on: November 18, 2017, 06:58:15 pm »

...In Soho, the window people we caught observing us began throwing mushrooms down once revealed. I still don't understand what's going on there

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128840 on: November 18, 2017, 08:22:09 pm »

Is it me, or has the wiki been down for a few days?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #128841 on: November 18, 2017, 08:22:25 pm »

Er... given this is Soho, are you sure they were mushrooms?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128842 on: November 18, 2017, 09:03:52 pm »

Is it me, or has the wiki been down for a few days?
Me, too, actually.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128843 on: November 18, 2017, 09:10:12 pm »

Visited r/ireland by accident.
Apparently calling for the genocide of Irish Travelers is a normal and accepted thing there. At least, the comments I have seen were moderately upvoted. So that is an interesting thing I have learned today.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128844 on: November 18, 2017, 10:36:00 pm »

Damn, that is kinda lame

Yeah, it's just the whole sillyness of it, at least from a perspective of a guy.

However, I think saying that only "because she's a woman" that she got attention for wearing 'fox tights' to a board meeting isn't actually fair.

She wore humorous cartoon pattern clothing to her first board meeting as CEO. Men can't do that either without getting talked about. The story is silly. It would be like a male CEO wearing bunny slippers and a Naruto t-shirt to his first board meeting then crying because people said it was unprofessional "just because I'm a man".

Basically, women can wear anything a man can to a board meeting, without even the inkling of any criticism for doing so, plus they can wear a countless variety of extra stuff that men are basically socially banned from wearing. It's not women who are sanctioned on office clothing.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:41:01 pm by Reelya »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #128845 on: November 18, 2017, 10:39:58 pm »

That comment from SMJ came across more as "as a guy, I find this entire situation absurd" than it did "only a woman would have clothes nitpicked like this". At least, that's the way I read it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128846 on: November 18, 2017, 10:45:18 pm »

I didn't mean to imply that i was contradicting smj, probably should have said "yeah" as the intro instead of "however*". Bad choice of wording there, my bad.

*the "however" was more aimed at the publication than posters here.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:54:28 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128847 on: November 18, 2017, 10:48:36 pm »

That comment from SMJ came across more as "as a guy, I find this entire situation absurd" than it did "only a woman would have clothes nitpicked like this". At least, that's the way I read it.

You have it right, though I'm sure some guys are into fashion. It's more of a lolwut type wtf than a more general wtf. If women want to be silly over fashion, they can go right ahead.

The fact that it's for Vanity Fair, a fashion magazine, makes it even sillier.

It's not meant to be a criticsm of the women, just as a 'lol this' kind of thing.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:50:42 pm by smjjames »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128848 on: November 18, 2017, 10:59:01 pm »

Wow, somehow I had managed to avoid the new Firefox update up til now, so I was wondering what the heck everyone was talking about, but now it just updated for me and holy crap do I hate that my tabs are all dark now. I'm tapping into my inner codgity old man and just gonna cry about the change cause I think the largely dark juxtaposition just looks bad.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128849 on: November 18, 2017, 11:07:28 pm »

dude, "customize" "themes" "light".
Pages: 1 ... 8588 8589 [8590] 8591 8592 ... 11037