Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8587 8588 [8589] 8590 8591 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14517637 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128820 on: November 17, 2017, 08:28:33 pm »

Why is the Gabe tabs being above the address bar a problem?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128821 on: November 17, 2017, 08:32:16 pm »

Yeah really though...  Again, what is the alternative?  Do some people have them on the side?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128822 on: November 17, 2017, 08:41:07 pm »

Tabs right under the address bar, I guess. Which, I'll be honest, sounds utterly terrible. So much wasted space. I can only assume that people who like it that way are horrible cannibals or something, because their judgement is clearly lacking. :P

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128823 on: November 17, 2017, 08:59:21 pm »

I'm thinking they must hate all browsers then, because Edge and Chrome both do tabs on top. If Firefox had forced the tabs to stay below the address bar by default, the same people would probably be threatening to quit Firefox and go to Chrome because Firefox are living in the past. e.g. - why would it just be tabs that stayed where they are? Everyone has one old setting they liked that's changed in modern browsers. If they tried to keep the "old ways" to keep everyone happy their browser would look like it's 1998.

Personally, I think the idea they're going for is that the top bar is evolving to look like the task bar in windows. So now I mainly just have two black strips at top and bottom, bottom is Windows controls, top is browser controls. The new look Firefox is making Chrome look like retro tech that is seriously clashing with my minimalist all-black Windows 10 theme. The new Firefox with the dark theme turned on actually looks like it's part of the OS.

Personally, what I want that they haven't quite implemented is the Firefox options icon being optionally in the top-left (mirroring Windows Start menu), then a Cortana-like address bar (can shrink or expand it), then shortcut icons / drop-downs, then tabs, then add-ons on the right, mirroring the system tray in Windows. Basically one unified strip of browser controls that mirrors the look and functionality of what is at the bottom of my screen.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:15:34 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128825 on: November 18, 2017, 12:09:41 am »

Reelya, you say "...their browser would look like it's 1998" like that's a bad thing. I would love to have an old school-looking browser in this day and age... or, even better, a mail client. There are no non-awful email providers anymore. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128826 on: November 18, 2017, 12:12:30 am »

Reelya, you say "...their browser would look like it's 1998" like that's a bad thing. I would love to have an old school-looking browser in this day and age... or, even better, a mail client. There are no non-awful email providers anymore. :(
ugh, so true

I'd love it if website authors would make an effort to be compatible with Lynx. I'd never use anything else.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #128827 on: November 18, 2017, 12:15:18 am »

Women and fashion, lolwut https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/11/17/16671614/new-vanity-fair-editor-fox-tights-radhika-jones

We talking tights with pictures of cute foxes printed on them or pants with fur meant to look, well like fur

Because the latter might be pretty hot depending how its done
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128828 on: November 18, 2017, 12:18:37 am »

Women and fashion, lolwut https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/11/17/16671614/new-vanity-fair-editor-fox-tights-radhika-jones

We talking tights with pictures of cute foxes printed on them or pants with fur meant to look, well like fur

Because the latter might be pretty hot depending how its done

I THINK it's the one with cute foxes rather than faux fur pants. Either way, fashion....

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128829 on: November 18, 2017, 12:30:43 am »

The article clarifies that it's pictures of foxes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #128830 on: November 18, 2017, 06:50:37 am »

Damn, that is kinda lame
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #128831 on: November 18, 2017, 08:05:31 am »

Yeah really though...  Again, what is the alternative?  Do some people have them on the side?
Tabs right under the address bar, I guess. Which, I'll be honest, sounds utterly terrible. So much wasted space. I can only assume that people who like it that way are horrible cannibals or something, because their judgement is clearly lacking. :P

My look:
Love, scriver~

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #128832 on: November 18, 2017, 08:17:35 am »

My look: [-the coolest look, DARKLING-]
:o
That's just like mine! But I use a firefox derivative, Comodo IceDragon \o/
...And I see, err, no problem with this whatsoever? My tabs look like blocks, when more then 2, but tabs when highlighted like below! :D
So I'm probably an IceDragon Cannibal? Hum :I Komodo Dragons are cool.
Spoiler: My Look (click to show/hide)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128833 on: November 18, 2017, 08:23:26 am »

I'll guess I'll drop a screenshot of the new Firefox in full-screen too:

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #128834 on: November 18, 2017, 08:35:21 am »

Oh and do clarify after actually analyzing my dislike for the look I expressed dislike for earlier it's not that the tabs is above the adress bar that annoys me, it's when the tab field is in the top which should be a headline field.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 8587 8588 [8589] 8590 8591 ... 11037