Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8582 8583 [8584] 8585 8586 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14518176 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128745 on: November 15, 2017, 09:28:02 am »

Simple, Iron man never happened.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128746 on: November 15, 2017, 09:47:18 am »

The new Nexus layout.  Apparently it's ugly flat mobile-inspired shit design is so awesome my internet can't even handle it.  It crashes every single time I try to load the main page and there seems to be no way to change it back.  At this rate they won't have to wait for Bethesda to kill them, they'll do it themselves.

Edit: Now it's going completely unresponsive every other page or throwing server errors, what the fuck is this shit?

Edit 2: And now it mysteriously loaded the old format.  WHAT THE FUCK guys.

Edit 3: Because their server effing crashed.  They've been testing the damned thing for a month or more and the day it goes live it crashes.  Great effing job guys.

Edit 4: Welp.  Works now.  Ugly beyond all imagining, atrocious to navigate.  I HATE this stupid layout and I'd vastly prefer to go back to the old one.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:59:39 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #128747 on: November 15, 2017, 10:09:32 am »

It's worse than how it looks. When I reinstalled like 90% of my Fallout 4 mod library a week or two ago, I noticed that several mods didn't show up in the new layout even though I could see them in the old, and despite that I could see no difference in search settings between the two versions.
Love, scriver~

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128748 on: November 15, 2017, 10:11:56 am »

It's still crashing.  Like, every single time I try to navigate it's throwing a bad gateway error.  How can they have messed this up so badly?  Why did they even need a new layout, the old one was fine, as evidenced by the literally MILLIONS of people using it.

Edit: WHY, gods why, does it need to highlight a button on mouseover?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:15:04 am by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #128749 on: November 15, 2017, 10:13:21 am »

It's still crashing.  Like, every single time I try to navigate it's throwing a bad gateway error.  How can they have messed this up so badly?  Why did they even need a new layout, the old one was fine, as evidenced by the literally MILLIONS of people using it.

Clearly they needed a new one, as evidenced by the billions of people not using it!

It does suck, and I'm glad I finished remodding Skyrim a couple days ago.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128750 on: November 15, 2017, 10:23:27 am »

Why is the next page button only at the top of the list?  Why isn't it mirrored at the bottom?  Why, after I have already scrolled down through the list of mods, do I have to click on a rather small number instead of just a damn set of arrows to either advance one page or go to the last page?

WHAT THE FUCK.

Edit: Nope scratch that, the arrows do exist, but for some damned reason it didn't load on the first page.  What is going on here?

Edit 2: Ohh, I see, they don't reset your position to the top of the screen, they just put you at the bottom of the next.  Hey, that's a great feature guys, when I'm looking through lists of files it's so boring having to scroll down to the bottom to actually check them all, it was obviously so much better to set the next page button to just put me at the bottom right? /s

Edit 3: But when I use the button on the bottom of page three it sets me to the top of page four?  Seriously?  Again HOW DID YOU SCREW THIS SO BADLY?

Edit4 : Okay, I give up trying to understand this shit.  All I want is a repository for mods that is reasonably easy to use, not some damned mobile inspired garbage that doesn't even appear to have consistent functionality.  This is just utterly infuriating.

Edit 5: And now it's back to the old format?!?  What?  What is going on here?  And right after I found a feature that was actually a good addition.  I just don't even know what to think here, this is so very stupid.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:46:45 am by NullForceOmega »

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128751 on: November 15, 2017, 04:07:45 pm »

Isn't the Nexus that one guy's forum game thing?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #128752 on: November 15, 2017, 04:11:41 pm »

Nexus is the current central mod repository for just about everything.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #128753 on: November 15, 2017, 05:54:55 pm »

I think overseer is trying to be edgy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128754 on: November 15, 2017, 06:19:36 pm »

Not trying, its natural.

Also I really didn't know. I use steam workshop.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128755 on: November 15, 2017, 06:31:05 pm »

WTF Firefox update, with new looks.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128756 on: November 15, 2017, 06:37:46 pm »

Honest WTF:  I'm kinda okay with it?
There was a FF update a year or two ago which made me install Classic Theme Restorer.  But I never installed it on my work laptop.  So for a long time, I've acclimated to different UIs on my desktop and laptop.

And now this fresh hell is... actually fine?  Possibly because I'm not so calcified into a single UI.

I say that, but my best friend has been using CTR exclusively, and even he is mostly positive on this.  So maybe it's just a not-horrible interface, this time.
Not to mention the noticeable performance increase, which (again, this time) justifies the change.

WTF:  Adblock Plus still works.
I guess the modern world is such that they drastically changed the UI, but knew they couldn't push an update which forced people to passively subsidize content.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #128757 on: November 15, 2017, 06:38:47 pm »

Grrrrr. NoScript stopped working. I hope it is updated soon.

EDIT: NoScript site says they're working hard and might even have it updated today
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 06:40:48 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #128758 on: November 15, 2017, 07:17:34 pm »

My main issue with the new layout is that they moved the navigation buttons (forward, back, refresh), so now I have to correct myself whenever I try to do any of those and look for the bastards in other places. The rest is more or less fine, I like that the drop down menu is an actual drop down menu, not a bunch of huge buttons with style over function.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128759 on: November 15, 2017, 07:28:00 pm »

Not to be some keyboard elitist, but alt-left and alt-right.  And F5 has always been refresh - ctrl-F5 for a more complete version.
I try to minimize mouse-action when possible.  It's so... imperfect.  Slow, relatively.  Complicated.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 8582 8583 [8584] 8585 8586 ... 11037