Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8578 8579 [8580] 8581 8582 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519000 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128685 on: November 13, 2017, 06:30:37 pm »

I hate spicy chicken.

I used to think you were cool.
You either die a hero or you become the villain
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128686 on: November 13, 2017, 06:38:46 pm »

So, uh... what are their vegan options like? :P

If I allowed (non-animal rights-related) politics to influence the restaurants I eat at I would have precious few choices indeed. I think the only boycott I currently have is LoTF, and that's not for political reasons but rather because I'm butthurt that they stopped selling my favourite burger. :'(
Also their taste in music sucks. These days I eat at Om Vegetarian instead, far better value for money anyway - plus as far as I am aware they don't tout any crazy political views, or at least they don't try to ram them down the throats of their customers along with their delicious and economical meals.

My wtf: trying to call the government agency in charge of giving me money for being unemployable, and all the relevant phone lines are inexplicably down. Great.
At least I have a few days to get in touch with them before my payment winds up delayed, but it's still bloody annoying having to just keep calling in the hopes that it'll finally work.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128687 on: November 13, 2017, 06:43:38 pm »

I've never been there, but I don't think they even have vegetarian options, much less vegan ones.

Other than their fries, I mean, and then only if they're cooked in non-animal oil.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128688 on: November 13, 2017, 06:44:41 pm »

mmm, lard...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128689 on: November 13, 2017, 06:46:21 pm »

Fries cooked in canola oil, fully vegan.

except for the part where it supportsagribusinessandconservativepoliticsandthemeatparticlesintheairandslaveryandtyrannyandbloodmouthsand
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128690 on: November 13, 2017, 06:49:12 pm »

whats lotf
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128691 on: November 13, 2017, 07:22:00 pm »

I feel silly boycotting things for political reasons. I guess because people tend to flip out and cry boycott every time anything they disagree with happens I've started thinking of boycotting entire companies for one member's beliefs/actions as petty?

Like I know it's a valid way of expressing oneself against a corporate entity, but it has a negative stigma to me now.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #128692 on: November 13, 2017, 07:52:40 pm »

I feel silly boycotting things for political reasons. I guess because people tend to flip out and cry boycott every time anything they disagree with happens I've started thinking of boycotting entire companies for one member's beliefs/actions as petty?

Like I know it's a valid way of expressing oneself against a corporate entity, but it has a negative stigma to me now.

I actually feel the same way - like, it's a thing that's valid, but it's done so often it feels like it's just another form of shouting.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128693 on: November 13, 2017, 07:53:22 pm »

Nazxa? Seems like an elegant solution.

whats lotf
Lord of the Fries.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128694 on: November 13, 2017, 07:56:43 pm »

Thinking about it, I have years' worth of posting, whining, opining, and the like, attached even just here to Bay12, by this moniker, and it's the moniker I use most frequently across the net. You guys are great, I've said a lot of personal things here, but I wonder about the wisdom of keeping such a name where other games or communities are attached, particularly if I decide to share my handle with people out in meatspace. I tell them to find me as Naxza on Steam or League or whatever, and it leads to my very internet-attached past, whether I like it or not, and yet to shirk the name is to shirk who I am or who I've established myself as to friends and acquaintances. Y'know?

I don't wanna give my handle to my coworker even if I wanna play online games with him, 'cuz that opens a whole swimming pool full of historical posts and musings attached to my name and I'm not sure I'm comfortable making that an option.

I dunno, lads. It might be time for a change of identity.

If it makes you feel better, it's unlikely your coworker is going to find your name somewhere unless he too is into the specific stuff you're looking at. He's not going to find your B12 account unless he's a fellow B12er (what reason does he ever have for going there?), he's not going to find you browsing inappropriate boards on reddit unless he too is into the exact same stuff as you are. He's not going to look at your steam guide for Thief unless he too likes the video game Thief.

The point I'm trying to make is that if he does discover some private parts of your internet life (as rare as that might be), it's unlikely that it's going to lead to conflict. It'll probably lead to you two finding out you have something in common.

Only exceptions are Facebook and Twitter. Those are places where you try to present the most idealized version of yourself possible, last thing you need is a bay12 handle that shatters the illusion. Change those, not these accounts over here.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128695 on: November 13, 2017, 08:09:34 pm »

@Naxza

My advice is to leave it. If they are the kind of person that trolls around on the internet just to try and dig up dirt on a new friend then they are also probably the kind of person you should not fall asleep around or leave unsupervised near cutlery and you should find someone less creepy to hang with.

If you've become invested in your handle online to the point where it is a reflection of who you are (I certainly have), then it's not something you should have to hide. I act the same here as I do IRL, so really there's no difference. My only caveat would be if you somehow express opinions or beliefs online that actually make you feel shame. If so that might be what needs reexamination (not to be a sanctimonious asshole or anything).

I assume this is not the case, and therefore just let them look you up if they are so inclined. Even if you are posting on some kind of controversial website or whatnot, the only way someone would be able to find you is if they are also a member there, in which case you just made a new buddy.

Nothing to worry about, probably!
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128696 on: November 13, 2017, 08:10:38 pm »

@Naxza
Indeed. But we can't speak here... The frames have i's.

Dun: Fair, though in this case it was the company president, and he routed uh... at a glance, at least 15 million dollars towards influencing the issue. Company money, not just his own, hence boycott. Particularly since it mostly worked! They stopped for a while, then resumed at a much lower level (or else they'd have my business).

Just sayin, Wendy's is proudly Christian too but I eat there a lot (:  As long as they don't go out of their way to attack people's rights, it's cool by me.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128697 on: November 13, 2017, 08:34:40 pm »

Yeah I don't mean to knock anyone's decision in that regard.

I don't think corporations could get involved with corporate money in politics in general, but hey, USA. Whole 'nuther issue.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128698 on: November 13, 2017, 09:12:01 pm »

Just sayin, Wendy's is proudly Christian too but I eat there a lot (:  As long as they don't go out of their way to attack people's rights, it's cool by me.
Christian does NOT equal anti-gay, iirc the bible never actually explicitly states anything of the sort, and there is exactly one line that is open to interpretation as to it's meaning

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128699 on: November 13, 2017, 09:16:50 pm »

I was literally handed a (tiny, new-testament-only) bible today, and despite being solidly atheist I did check it out a little out of boredom. The last page I randomly flipped to had something pretty unambiguously saying that homosexual sex means no heaven, at which point I put the book down out of disgust. So at least in whatever mad version those guys were handing out, yeah, it's a thing.
Pages: 1 ... 8578 8579 [8580] 8581 8582 ... 11037