Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8566 8567 [8568] 8569 8570 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14521468 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128505 on: November 08, 2017, 03:51:14 am »

Yeah, tho I was willing to put up with that atleast for a bit if it meant I got to play a game that wasn't actively trying to piss me off enough to spend money (ie WT). As is, I don't really have a decent arcadey/simple sim aircraft/tank game that isn't marred by shitty devs being shitty. Which is sad, cuz I really love me my military pew pew games and tech.
While it's not perfectly simulationist, maybe Ace Combat? 's fun, at the least.

Well the only one that came out for PC so far is a glorified quick time event simulator :V
The next one looks promising tho but that's out next year it seems.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128506 on: November 08, 2017, 09:52:15 am »

Act II butter popcorn taste like chees popcorn
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #128507 on: November 08, 2017, 10:36:55 am »

Going 10 over the speed limit, at night, in the rain, and still getting tailgated? Drivers are idiots.
That was apparently in a 25 mph zone, 10 over being 35. It's a bastard of a thing getting people to stop going 50-60 through a 35 zone. Rol was lucky the twit didn't roll over the sidewalk or somethin' to pass them.

... in any case, in the continued adventures of Dong, it's now Dong, the man that was Dong's demon cat, and the man that was the ghost of a dead magic ferret that was living inside the magic rock lodged in Dong's hand. Also Dong primary occasionally is turning into a dragon now, because the dragon ape and golden statue thing wasn't enough.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #128508 on: November 08, 2017, 10:39:21 am »

Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #128509 on: November 08, 2017, 11:11:36 am »

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #128510 on: November 08, 2017, 11:28:05 am »

I got around to watching La La Land (I sure know how to keep up, do I now?), and my WTF comes from a piece of more recent news combined with one of the songs.

Particularly, "Someone in the crowd"  doesn't sit well with me when paired with Harvey Weinstein news. And considering how many Oscar nominations that movie got, the Academy (who were probably well aware of that story before it made news) either didn't care or were fine with it.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128511 on: November 08, 2017, 01:20:57 pm »

Outside the grocery store today, there were two guys collecting donations to help disabled veterans. As I passed by, I heard them saying that the only reason we're still in the Middle East is to recover ancient, possibly alien, technology as told by the Bible.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #128512 on: November 08, 2017, 02:52:41 pm »

Outside the grocery store today, there were two guys collecting donations to help disabled veterans. As I passed by, I heard them saying that the only reason we're still in the Middle East is to recover ancient, possibly alien, technology as told by the Bible.
better than what happened to me, outside a walgreens someone was playing the bagpipes
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128513 on: November 08, 2017, 03:03:50 pm »

Yep grocery stores are a trip sometimes.  Especially at night.  In my 6 or so months of working as a dollar grocery checkout clerk I've met people who unironicallly:
  • believe chemtrails are a thing and believe thats why the WTC fell
  • Quoted some tv celebrity as fact that said their scientists tested tapwater on frogs and it made them all gay
  • Believe african americans have no soul and are no better than cattle, and claims the bible backs them up
  • Is in a wheelchair with O2 tanks strapped to it, and told me that she can never be more than 2 feet from the O2 tank, and buys 2 packs of cigarettes a day. (no the managers will not allow me to deny sale to her)
    EDIT: Oh I forgot this one from the other night
  • Thinks the shooting at the concert out west did not actually happen, and is an attempt from the democrats to descredit Trump for not banning all guns the moment he came into office.

And those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 03:13:01 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #128514 on: November 08, 2017, 03:07:17 pm »

If I can help it, I never go to Wal-Mart at night. That is when the Wal-Martians come out to play.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128515 on: November 08, 2017, 03:10:17 pm »

Quoted some tv celebrity as fact that said their scientists tested tapwater on frogs and it made them all gay

Ladies and gentlemen, Alex Jones. I was actually unaware of this, and I definitely WTF'd.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #128516 on: November 08, 2017, 03:57:00 pm »

better than what happened to me, outside a walgreens someone was playing the bagpipes
I mean... were they any good? Walgreens bagpipes would definitely be weird, but it'd be nice if they were decent at it. Probably be second only to the accordion in the list of "somewhat off mainstream instruments being played in rando joints that would brighten my day". The pipes are somewhere in my top ten sound making things.

... though, won't lie, now I have this mental image of someone setting up outside a store with a full electronics set and some bagpipes and banging out some peatbog faeries or summat. That'd be surreal as all hell just about anywhere, never mind anywhere I visit with any regularity.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #128517 on: November 08, 2017, 04:50:54 pm »

I mean... were they any good?
I don't listen to music with bagpipes in it, but I think he was okay.
though, won't lie, now I have this mental image of someone setting up outside a store with a full electronics set and some bagpipes and banging out some peatbog faeries or summat. That'd be surreal as all hell just about anywhere, never mind anywhere I visit with any regularity.
if he did this, I would give him $50 right away
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128518 on: November 08, 2017, 05:04:35 pm »

I mean... were they any good? Walgreens bagpipes would definitely be weird, but it'd be nice if they were decent at it. Probably be second only to the accordion in the list of "somewhat off mainstream instruments being played in rando joints that would brighten my day". The pipes are somewhere in my top ten sound making things.

... though, won't lie, now I have this mental image of someone setting up outside a store with a full electronics set and some bagpipes and banging out some peatbog faeries or summat. That'd be surreal as all hell just about anywhere, never mind anywhere I visit with any regularity.
Bagpipes. A strange instrument. The only winning move is not to play.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #128519 on: November 08, 2017, 05:07:58 pm »

Actually, bagpipes can sound quite good if the musician knows what they are doing.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Pages: 1 ... 8566 8567 [8568] 8569 8570 ... 11037