Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8565 8566 [8567] 8568 8569 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14521238 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128490 on: November 07, 2017, 01:41:11 pm »

Shit pisskop is in better shape than me. Shame sit ups ahoy!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #128491 on: November 07, 2017, 05:29:41 pm »

That is indeed quite a lot of beef.

In todays wtf, how does one manage to fuck up optimization so horribly that running a game on a computer that's twice as powerful results in a worse running game. I mean, did they even try? Because it feels like they don't even have a proper team for that, just a bunch of monkeys throwing shit at walls and getting paid for it.

(game in question is World of Warplanes, had a big updated recently and I figured I'd give it a shot, was installing it longer than I bothered playing it)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #128492 on: November 07, 2017, 05:59:47 pm »

World of... Warplanes? You mean Warthunder, right?  :P
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #128493 on: November 07, 2017, 06:05:08 pm »

World of Warplanes is conceptually flawed. The idea of using HP for World of Tanks is fine - there's valid gameplay reasons why that would be preferred over a crew/system damage system like WT uses. For planes, however, it just doesn't work. Aerial combat -especially the sort of aerial gun combat both World of Warplanes and War Thunder simulate- is all about snap shots and positioning. With a system damage model, this is perfectly simulated as you deliver hits to engine or control surfaces or whatever to bring the plane down. With an HP system, you have to bring sustained fire on a target in a way that is very much at-odds with the way many of these aircraft operated historically.

At least, that's the way it was in the beta. I haven't played it since, not least because only a small number of other people are playing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128494 on: November 07, 2017, 06:27:26 pm »

There's a spot on one of my backmost teeth, I can't tell if there's a piece of something jammed into/between the tooth or if piece of it broke off.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #128495 on: November 07, 2017, 06:27:44 pm »

Yeah, tho I was willing to put up with that atleast for a bit if it meant I got to play a game that wasn't actively trying to piss me off enough to spend money (ie WT). As is, I don't really have a decent arcadey/simple sim aircraft/tank game that isn't marred by shitty devs being shitty. Which is sad, cuz I really love me my military pew pew games and tech.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #128496 on: November 07, 2017, 06:41:43 pm »

its lacking for sure, but not bugged per se.

Also yee. I appreciate the compliments.  Im hoping to make fitness more of a hobby/passion and see where that takes me.

But I suspect I need a more intellectual or otherwise abstract hobby ....
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128497 on: November 07, 2017, 06:46:34 pm »

Pretty sure it does actually have a bug whereby it only shows one page of results when searching the subforums, or at least I heard a while back that was the case.

Certainly doesn't show results chronologically. I searched for "Cat" and the first page of results randomly jumped back and forth from 2017 to 2014 then 2009 and back to 2016.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:49:18 pm by Khan Boyzitbig »
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #128498 on: November 07, 2017, 08:54:33 pm »

Yeah, tho I was willing to put up with that atleast for a bit if it meant I got to play a game that wasn't actively trying to piss me off enough to spend money (ie WT). As is, I don't really have a decent arcadey/simple sim aircraft/tank game that isn't marred by shitty devs being shitty. Which is sad, cuz I really love me my military pew pew games and tech.
While it's not perfectly simulationist, maybe Ace Combat? 's fun, at the least.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128499 on: November 08, 2017, 01:14:27 am »

Man, I'm reading this news story about a woman busted trying to hire a hitman to kill her husband just now, and on the new site there's a video about it, except it turned out to be a different story about a different woman busted hiring a hitman to kill a dude. Must be a popular thing right now. If I was the dude in the main story here, I'd be optioning the movie rights:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/man-fakes-death-to-prove-wife-hired-a-hitman-to-kill-him/news-story/17c80fdbe0fea97c1fb6a113bc52c8bc

A BOXING coach faked his own execution with the help of cops after learning his wife had hired a hitman to kill him.

Ramon Sosa, 50, joined forces with detectives to prove ruthless Maria “Lulu” Sosa was offering £1,500 (A$2,600) to have him killed, The Sun reported.

Former gym owner Ramon said: “Unwittingly, she had approached a guy called Gustavo to see if he could organise the hit, without realising we were friends.

“I knew him, because I’d coached him. He’d been in trouble in the past. At first, when he called and said he needed to see me because someone ‘wanted to kill me’ I thought he was joking.
Lulu’s plans to employ a hired killer came as a massive shock to Ramon who, after meeting her in Texan salsa club Mi Luna in 2007, had been intoxicated by her beauty.
With the support of the FBI, Texas Rangers painted bloody makeup on Ramon, so it looked as though he had been shot through the temple.

Then they drove him to the Texan desert and buried him in a shallow grave, which they had already dug.

“Lying in the dirt, pretending to be dead, was terrifying,” Ramon recalled. “When I first met Lulu, I certainly didn’t expect our relationship to end like that.”

How's that for a filmable telemovie? A widower boxing coach is approached by one of his friends, who used to train at the gym, to tell him that his new gold-digger wife is plotting to kill him. So they put a wire on the friend and they go to the police. Then the Texas Rangers fake his death out in the desert so that they can entrap the woman in a final showdown.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:24:39 am by Reelya »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128500 on: November 08, 2017, 01:25:24 am »

Went out for groceries in this new area, realized as I pulled out that I forgot my phone.  No problem, I'm fairly familiar with the area, this'll be good practice.

Yeah...  It's easy to lose your bearings/mental road list when people keep driving up your tailpipe for doing 35 in a 25.  Plus my brain processes locations as fundamentally different at night.  I ended up asking for directions at a gas station.  They had no idea, but the experience humbled me enough to admit that maybe I'd missed a step.  Sure enough, road X hadn't connected directly to Y, there'd been a brief bit on highway # that I'd forgotten.

It was kinda fun though, in a "Wow, I might nap in my car for the third night in a row" sort of way.
(I've been moving items over a ~4 hour drive, around various schedules, which sometimes involves me pulling over to rest for safety.  Another WTF:  I kinda feel like I'm visiting my new home, so being in my car is... stabilizing.)

Edit:  Also it was raining the whole time, so it was especially hard to read road signs.  Particularly when other drivers are in such a hurry.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:28:15 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #128501 on: November 08, 2017, 01:40:44 am »

Going 10 over the speed limit, at night, in the rain, and still getting tailgated? Drivers are idiots.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128502 on: November 08, 2017, 01:54:05 am »

Right?  I was constantly making turns just to let them pass, then U-turning.  Literally getting turned around.  It was like 9-10PM, I guess they expected a barren speedway.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #128503 on: November 08, 2017, 01:54:44 am »

Man, I'm reading this news story about a woman busted trying to hire a hitman to kill her husband just now, and on the new site there's a video about it, except it turned out to be a different story about a different woman busted hiring a hitman to kill a dude. Must be a popular thing right now. If I was the dude in the main story here, I'd be optioning the movie rights:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/man-fakes-death-to-prove-wife-hired-a-hitman-to-kill-him/news-story/17c80fdbe0fea97c1fb6a113bc52c8bc

A BOXING coach faked his own execution with the help of cops after learning his wife had hired a hitman to kill him.

Ramon Sosa, 50, joined forces with detectives to prove ruthless Maria “Lulu” Sosa was offering £1,500 (A$2,600) to have him killed, The Sun reported.

Former gym owner Ramon said: “Unwittingly, she had approached a guy called Gustavo to see if he could organise the hit, without realising we were friends.

“I knew him, because I’d coached him. He’d been in trouble in the past. At first, when he called and said he needed to see me because someone ‘wanted to kill me’ I thought he was joking.
Lulu’s plans to employ a hired killer came as a massive shock to Ramon who, after meeting her in Texan salsa club Mi Luna in 2007, had been intoxicated by her beauty.
With the support of the FBI, Texas Rangers painted bloody makeup on Ramon, so it looked as though he had been shot through the temple.

Then they drove him to the Texan desert and buried him in a shallow grave, which they had already dug.

“Lying in the dirt, pretending to be dead, was terrifying,” Ramon recalled. “When I first met Lulu, I certainly didn’t expect our relationship to end like that.”

How's that for a filmable telemovie? A widower boxing coach is approached by one of his friends, who used to train at the gym, to tell him that his new gold-digger wife is plotting to kill him. So they put a wire on the friend and they go to the police. Then the Texas Rangers fake his death out in the desert so that they can entrap the woman in a final showdown.

Then it turns out the Texas Ranger was the villain all along and is working with the wife to have the husband killed as he kills Gustavo and then the three of them have a desert shootout until the Ranger drives an exploding car over the edge of Grand Canyon.
Love, scriver~

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #128504 on: November 08, 2017, 03:29:11 am »

I read stories like those years back. The link goes to something pretty recent (Nov 7th), and...strangely the video is WHOLLY DIFFERENT (As the person mentioned is called 'Layman', I don't read any 'Layman' in the whole article)
Pages: 1 ... 8565 8566 [8567] 8568 8569 ... 11037