Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8544 8545 [8546] 8547 8548 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527084 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #128175 on: October 30, 2017, 02:09:51 pm »

I dislike it when I use the definition of gender that is just means the same as sex, and then they complain I'm using the word wrong. Really, they should have made up a new word, if they're going to be angry at me for using a word correctly.
That's... honestly pretty offensive, even if you don't mean it to be. Basically could be an excuse to call a trangirl a man, or a transboy a woman. Which makes you sound bigoted and like a TERF.

The definition pretty much has changed, after all. We talked about it in class last year.
I am not trying to be offensive. I am just saying, gender is in the dictionary as a synonym for sex, and that is what I use it for. I am not saying someone who is wants to be called a woman is called "him", I am saying I shouldn't be yelled at for using a correct usage of a word. I am not saying they can't use it as the additional definition, I am saying that is how I use it, and how I use it is equally grammatically correct, so they shouldn't yell at me for it. Besides, why did they change the definition completely? The time they yelled at me, I was referring to cat they thought was female, but is in fact male, and I said something about its gender being male, and they yelled at me. Again, I am not saying that they can't use the new definition, I am saying that I use the grammatically correct older definition, when I speak.
Yet again, I am fine with the new fourth definition of gender.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:13:26 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128176 on: October 30, 2017, 02:29:35 pm »

I am for some reason, reminded of a time, way way back in my childhood.

I was asking my mother what the english name of Duckberg (The place from Duck Tales, or whatever location most Donald Duck comic often took place in.) was, as I didn't know it at the time.
Fortunately for both of us, she had an encyclopedia in English which she opened up and took a couple of minutes to find the answer in.

Now a days, we have google (or most search engines) to find the same answer, within the same amount of time if not faster.

I wonder what the next thing will be, and how fast getting the same bits of information would take.

*In shower*
"Hey robot overlord, what's that disney thing called in that one language?"
"I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. DUCKBERG."

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #128177 on: October 30, 2017, 02:35:08 pm »

-snip-

Wow, yet another filthy Western gay propaganda ga(y)me, fed to our innocent Russian children through the computers! And not only that, but the game also promotes bestiality and interracial romance. How repulsive! /s

And to move away from the political bullshit, should someone make Divinity Original Sin 2 thread? The game was mentioned on the Bay12 by a lot of people, anyway.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #128178 on: October 30, 2017, 02:36:08 pm »

*In shower*
"Hey robot overlord, what's that disney thing called in that one language?"
"I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. DUCKBERG."
Plot twist: You're in the shower to clean the robot overlord, not yourself.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #128179 on: October 30, 2017, 04:28:28 pm »

For some reason my tele has turned on reading-subtitles-for-blind-people mode and I can't turn it off. Now every programme is accompanied by a robotic version of a common speaker-voice-guy's voice that can't intonate right to save it's life.

Wow, yet another filthy Western gay propaganda ga(y)me, fed to our innocent Russian children through the computers! And not only that, but the game also promotes bestiality and interracial romance. How repulsive! /s

xD

*Moves Div 2 up a spot on my wishlist.*

xxxDDD

Casually Gay Black Dwarf on Reptile Sex
I am for some reason, reminded of a time, way way back in my childhood.

xxxxxDDDDD
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128180 on: October 30, 2017, 05:56:04 pm »

That was an oddly specific analogy.

Also, I made a Divinity: Original Sin 2 thread as requested.

EDIT:
Also, to anyone playing Divinity 2, be aware the ROMANCE options don't blossom fully until Act 3. They are tied to the character quests.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 05:58:14 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128181 on: October 30, 2017, 06:00:33 pm »

‼ROMANCE‼

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #128182 on: October 30, 2017, 06:18:51 pm »

Divinity 2 spoilers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128183 on: October 30, 2017, 06:25:22 pm »

Divinity 2 spoilers:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128184 on: October 30, 2017, 08:28:54 pm »

You have any suggestions by any chance? I have this fancy overcoat that looks wonderful on its own, but due to the temperature I would normally wear it at I need a hat to keep my head warm. Unfortunately, none of my existing hats look nice with it and I have no idea what I should wear instead. I've been very unimpressed by google so far (for the last time, I am not wearing a fedora!)
What kind of overcoat? A duster, or the sort of thing typically worn over a suit?
The hat I was referring to is a simple trucker cap, something I've liked the style of for a long time, I just never really wear hats due to not feeling like they suit me/my hair.
I did wear a bowler hat rather often years ago, that was rather stylish, though entirely at odds with my usual mode of dress. May it rest in peace. :'(

Bear in mind that there is more than one kind of fedora... I feel as though many people think only of small, trilby-style hats when they imagine a fedora these days, when in fact there are far less-lame, wider-brimmed kinds available. You could get one like Darkwing Duck, or various other, harder-to-remember characters! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #128185 on: October 30, 2017, 09:07:27 pm »

For whatever reason it took me five tries to get a fire started. Its been a while since entropy was so uncooperative
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128186 on: October 30, 2017, 10:27:18 pm »

I did a LAN party of EVE Divine Cybermancy.

What the fucking hell, man.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128187 on: October 30, 2017, 10:33:09 pm »

I did a LAN party of EVE Divine Cybermancy.

What the fucking hell, man.

Legs okay
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128188 on: October 30, 2017, 10:42:13 pm »

More like arm ok amirite?
I love that game so much, but yes...  WTF is right.  Playing co-op was a brief surreal treat, my friends lost interest in it pretty quickly ):
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128189 on: October 30, 2017, 10:42:35 pm »

i was super sick today and i hawked up some yellow red substance and it took me 3 full seconds to realize its bloody mucus
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds
Pages: 1 ... 8544 8545 [8546] 8547 8548 ... 11037