Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8520 8521 [8522] 8523 8524 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14535393 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #127815 on: October 20, 2017, 03:04:51 am »

I could, or I could drag her into the game's bonus dungeon death pit and let the good times roll until she stops dying. Drop farming's pretty pointless in this'un and characters get the xp-y junk whether they're breathing at the end of a fight or not, soooo...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127816 on: October 20, 2017, 03:18:21 am »

Now that's an amusing metagame explanation for the love interest--- Stockholm syndrome! (After being subjected to horrible brutalization in the dungeon of DOOM by the party, she falls madly in love with the cult leader protagonist!

LOLOL.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127817 on: October 20, 2017, 03:48:06 am »

Game's crystareino, since it's a bit of a jerk thing to not mention.

Thanks for that, that was the one thing about Neonivek that constantly irked me, dropping hints about interesting stuff in games/anime/movies without giving the title.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #127818 on: October 20, 2017, 04:30:32 am »

... huh. Don't think I've ran into this before. Tooling around looking for next step in storyline, I find out I had apparently left what appears to be the gender uncaring romance subplot back in the starting town, by far a majority of the game ago. She's level 7. The rest of my critters are around level 60. Whoops. that said, there's only so much I care 'cause that's a third female minion and now the hero's yuri harem is real

Game's crystareino, since it's a bit of a jerk thing to not mention. Kemco mobile rpg, which is another way of saying it's a'ight, but about as generic jrpg as they come. Still, they have this habit of doing shit like that and occasionally pretty on point writing and/or neat-ish mechanics (and like to show up in humble bundle's mobile stuff), so I keep playing them.

Heck yeah, Kemco. You played their Symphony of Eternity yet? It's one of their best.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127819 on: October 20, 2017, 04:35:24 am »

I think I saw Crystareino on the 3DS store and had considered getting it.

EDIT: Got Symphony of Eternia instead, it was slightly cheaper. Needed something for the 3DS, since I've burned through pretty much everything else on it.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:44:33 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #127820 on: October 20, 2017, 05:19:49 am »

I mean... complete honesty, if you're looking for something on a 3ds I really can't recommend anything kemco unless it's real damn cheap and you're cash starved. They make solid-ish but thoroughly mediocre jrpgs (and both cryst and soe are veeeerry much mediocre), and bunches of 'em, but basically none of them are particularly good, just possessing an occasional good part. They're decent enough to mostly not be outright shovelware but there's totally better stuff on pretty much any platform they sell on. Don't really expect much out of it, basically.

Though now that I'm awake enough to read straight, "burned through everything else" is an okay reason to be sifting through kemco games, heh. Also it's apparently too late, ahaha. Anyway, my kemco heuristic basically boils down to "is it in a humble bundle", heh. Generally not something I'd consider worth the price otherwise (even when the price is like .99 USD).

... that said, yeah, I've apparently played eternity*. Not sure I'd call it one of their best (its one of their more sparse/old ones, so it's more mid/early generic SNES jrpg and less mid/late generic SNES jrpg), but it's probably at least one of their middle-ish tier ones. Kinda' hard to say, really. I've played a good number of kemco games so far but there's kinda' a shitton of kemco games, so there's plenty I haven't played. Pretty sure there's another one related to that one (sequel or prequel or something; the robots are in both) that I liked more. Combat system was manaless, game itself was a bit prettier and smoother gameplay/progression wise, etc. Can't remember which it is off the top of my head, though.

*Not eternia, mind, as as near as I can tell kemco has nothing with that exact name. Closest that exists is tales of eternia, and the tales of line of games is something very, very different.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 05:23:04 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #127822 on: October 20, 2017, 10:50:48 am »

A different kind of cooking.
Love, scriver~

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127823 on: October 20, 2017, 10:51:55 am »

With this stuff, it's the consumer who gets baked, not the goods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127824 on: October 20, 2017, 04:47:00 pm »

Yeah, that's how they do it. I'm actually surprised whatever cocaine baron runs that lab let him take a camera in there.

And if anyone is really shocked that this is how cocaine is processed, then there is a lot of more everyday things you need to see the production processes for.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #127825 on: October 20, 2017, 05:08:36 pm »

Yeah, that's how they do it. I'm actually surprised whatever cocaine baron runs that lab let him take a camera in there.
Now he gets to tell his gangster friends he met Gordon Ramsey.  And his non-gangster friends too I guess, although then he'd have to kill them...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #127826 on: October 21, 2017, 12:21:34 am »

I have many times walked up to a girl i thought i knew to say hi and how theyre doing only to find out it was just an imposter

It turns out im just terrible at facial recognition, even for people ive literally known for years
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127827 on: October 21, 2017, 01:24:48 am »

The barons almost certainly aren't fucking around with little jungle operations like that. Think about it, if you're involved in running something then you share in the risks. Plus going into and out of the jungle to keep an eye on things would massively increase the risk that the operation is busted, and that it can be linked back to the drug baron. If they let individual growers take all the risks and make all the investments, then they only reap the profits from those who survive. You only have to wipe out other drug barons then, and keep encouraging more growers to set up, so that you have a buyer's market.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 01:35:35 am by Reelya »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127828 on: October 21, 2017, 01:59:03 am »

A thick fog is currently covering the part of town I live in.
I don't dare step outside. Because for all I know, it could be an Evil Mist.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 02:02:42 am by Ultimuh »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127829 on: October 21, 2017, 02:13:16 am »

Send an unimportant relative out into it to test it, and make sure to close the door behind them.  If they bang on the door demanding to be let in you can be certain they have been replaced by an evil doppelganger, if they don't assume they were eaten by a space monster.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8520 8521 [8522] 8523 8524 ... 11037