Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8516 8517 [8518] 8519 8520 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14530387 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #127755 on: October 18, 2017, 01:13:50 pm »

Why would bad matchmaking in Ogrewatch encourage people to buy loot? None of the loot in that game actually affects gameplay, all you would be doing would be getting killed while prettier.

Then again, maybe the designers and/or players don't realize that. ;P
Before Heroes of the Storm, another Activision-Blizzard game, got its 2.0 update that made skins acquirable without microtransactions, if you played a game with bots, every single one of them would be wearing a skin. After that update, this is no longer the case: bots don't use skins anymore. I wonder why.

Skins may not be something essential to your enjoyment to you, and neither to me, but to a lot of people looking pretty/cool is actually an important factor in their fun.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127756 on: October 18, 2017, 01:36:26 pm »

Most people think "Blizzard" without making the Activision link. I didn't know Activision was even a thing for years.
It took awhile for that fact to click.  After wondering why everyone was associating Overwatch and Activision.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127757 on: October 18, 2017, 09:03:02 pm »

Two female derros are having a shouted conversation from opposite platforms of the train station. One of them is screeching about some guy being after her, and the other is confirming her concerns. Both are making intermittent phonecalls as well to add to the confusion, presumably to some other members of their derro tribe, resulting in a three- or even four-way noisy bogan clusterfuck.

Honestly it's hard to tell if they're even on the same side or not, I'm having a hard time telling if the abuse they're hurling is directed at their unknown enemies or each other.
I hope the train shows up soon, the novelty has worn off fast. :))
At least I'm sitting further away now, but I can still hear them. Dang hearing aids.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127758 on: October 18, 2017, 09:21:18 pm »

What's a derro?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #127759 on: October 18, 2017, 09:25:41 pm »

Wikipedia says: "The derro are a fictional species of monstrous humanoids in the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing game. They were first devised for the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons First Edition adventure The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth." Hmmm...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127760 on: October 18, 2017, 09:27:32 pm »

What's a derro?

Either a short, crazy, Underdark-dwelling CR 3 light blue humanoid with mediocre spell-like abilities and Poison Use, or Australian slang for a homeless person (from "derelict.")

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127761 on: October 18, 2017, 09:28:46 pm »

Yoink: *acquires hearing aids* "I CAN HEAR THINGS!"

*spends time listening to the world* "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THINGS!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #127762 on: October 18, 2017, 09:40:07 pm »

homeless people having cell phones is a thing?

I kind of assumed it was more an American thing tbqh.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #127763 on: October 18, 2017, 09:43:07 pm »

Having a reliable phone is one of the most beneficial tools you can have if you want to stop being homeless, so pretty much any civilized welfare program should be providing them to some degree or other.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127764 on: October 18, 2017, 09:50:24 pm »

Yoink: *acquires hearing aids* "I CAN HEAR THINGS!"

*spends time listening to the world* "I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THINGS!"

Hell truly is other people.

Anyway I think I may have just avoided a mugging. I was walking down the street when a woman in her early 30's asked me if I wanted any "company" while doing what I can only assume was her best at looking alluring. I looked over at her, and I could just spot some guys hanging out behind of a dumpster a bit farther back in the alley she was standing in front of. I don't doubt that if I'd been stupid enough to follow her there it wouldn't have gone well for me, but even without them that's still not something I want to be a part of. So I just said I didn't have any cash and carried on my way, keeping an ear open (probably unnecessarily) but as walking as normal.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #127765 on: October 18, 2017, 10:57:13 pm »

That's a pretty smooth response.  Don't let on that you know about the muggers but still tell them you're not worth the trouble.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127766 on: October 19, 2017, 01:21:01 am »

Homeless doesn't mean phoneless, especially as the most basic (non-smart) models are very affordable. Getting a phone is much easier than getting an apartment.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127767 on: October 19, 2017, 01:36:42 am »

Freedom pop suckas.

As long as you stay inside the conditions, it costs 0$ a month. (Dunno if they really offer outside the US, but hey.)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #127768 on: October 19, 2017, 02:05:33 am »

Homeless doesn't mean phoneless, especially as the most basic (non-smart) models are very affordable. Getting a phone is much easier than getting an apartment.
Its also a lot easier to get employed now if you have a phone.  You can look at it as a luxury, or you can look at it as the cheapest way to have a computer.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #127769 on: October 19, 2017, 02:08:23 am »

It's amazing because I can think of a few well-off people who don't have a freaking phone.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 8516 8517 [8518] 8519 8520 ... 11037