Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8505 8506 [8507] 8508 8509 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14539701 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #127590 on: October 11, 2017, 05:19:56 pm »

That and if it works and they still screw Allergan, they won't be able to use the same trick again for a different drug patent in 2024.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127591 on: October 11, 2017, 05:59:15 pm »

is street fighter five capable of matching me against someone who is not two whole ranks above me?

30 matches in and I cannot tell
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127592 on: October 11, 2017, 08:04:39 pm »

That and if it works and they still screw Allergan, they won't be able to use the same trick again for a different drug patent in 2024.
Eh, I doubt they'd get a second chance to do it anyway.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127593 on: October 11, 2017, 11:21:04 pm »

I think all the crazy people shop at the dollar store. I learned 3 (well 3 and a half) diffrent conspiracy theories today.

1: Formaldehyde companies going out of business lobbied the U.S. government to buy their formaldehyde and put it in all our food back in the 1960s and that's what's making Americans fat and unhealthy.

2: The government puts mind control serum in all the jet fuel, any plane flying out of an american airport is spreading mind control agents to the world. And the U.S. Government is just waiting until more of the world is infected before broadcasting the trigger phrase over all the world's media.  North Korea knows of this and is intentionally keeping it's people isolated to protect them when it happens.

2.5 The World trade center was not an inside job, it was legitimately an act of terrorism.  But jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, the mind control serum burns at a much higher temperature however.  That's what brought the WTC down, and is cited as evidence of {2}.

3: All of the police have been put through a satanic ritual that replaces their mind and souls with that of a demon of hell working under the U.S. government's payroll. Their job is to find and imprison/kill any resistant to the mind control serum.

My head hurts.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:28:51 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #127594 on: October 11, 2017, 11:30:16 pm »

2.5 The World trade center was not an inside job, it was legitimately an act of terrorism.  But jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, the mind control serum burns at a much higher temperature however.  That's what brought the WTC down, and is cited as evidence of {2}.

Christ.

Randal Munroe came up with this as a joke.

Somebody didn't get the joke.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127595 on: October 11, 2017, 11:34:01 pm »

Well I had a good one once, but it was at the anarchist bookshop near my house, so more understandable.

There was this asian woman wearing one of those paper facemasks. That's normal so far, right? Asians do that to avoid germs.

However she said she was wearing it to protect herself from the poison clouds. She started telling me about Wilhelm Reich who discovered Orgone Energy, and he made Orgone Ray devices. Now ... one device was supposed to cause clouds to dissipate (the "cloudbuster" according to wikipedia's Orgone page), yet, you point it at the clouds and nothing happens.

This, she assured me was evidence that they were not real clouds. All clouds are actually poison clouds put there by the government. Otherwise they would be dissipated by Reich's "cloudbuster". Now we have to work out where those bastards hid all the actual clouds ...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:37:42 pm by Reelya »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127596 on: October 11, 2017, 11:52:55 pm »

Did you tell her that a sterile mask wouldn't protect her from poison clouds? She'd need a filter mask or even a full gas mask depending on the poison's particle size.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #127597 on: October 12, 2017, 12:44:11 am »

Wear a pressurized space suit, just in case the chemical is skin soluable.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127598 on: October 12, 2017, 01:16:41 am »

And if it is suit-soluble?

Clearly the only solution is for these people to launch themselves into space.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #127599 on: October 12, 2017, 01:35:21 am »

Without a ship, of course; have you seen the size of the chemtrails on those things?
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127600 on: October 12, 2017, 01:48:16 am »

Without a ship, of course; have you seen the size of the chemtrails on those things?

Well, the Earth is flat, right? It would probably meet their needs to simply send them to the rim (which is Antarctica, if I'm remembering correctly) and fling them over the edge by catapult.

Just tell them to land feet-first so they can break through the crystal spheres.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:03:48 am by Trekkin »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #127601 on: October 12, 2017, 04:25:08 am »

Well, the Earth is flat, right? It would probably meet their needs to simply send them to the rim (which is Antarctica, if I'm remembering correctly) and fling them over the edge by catapult.

Just tell them to land feet-first so they can break through the crystal spheres.
Good luck not splatting on the Dyson Sphere Cube.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #127602 on: October 12, 2017, 08:41:31 am »

Good luck not splatting on the Dyson Sphere Cube.
If they believe half of this drivel then their skulls are hard enough that they could dive headfirst and come out no worse for the wear.
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127603 on: October 12, 2017, 09:30:52 am »

Had a series of very strange social interactions yesterday, in my quest for a certain item that could have been sold at a variety of stores.
Almost everyone I interacted with was either weirdly friendly or excessively rude, yet somehow I managed to communicate with all of them without panicking and flubbing my conversation rolls due to anxiety penalties.
Even that perfect stranger who said to me, "Hey stupid, do you got a lighter?"
Sure, a better scenario would have been to pause and point out the irony of calling someone else an idiot immediately before voicing such poorly-structured word salad, but a terse-yet-unworried "no" was good enough. I was mainly just impressed at my ability to prevent such an unexpected attack from affecting my mood. :)

Oh shit I've rambled and there's no time to abridge this post.
Good night Bay12.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #127604 on: October 12, 2017, 09:36:57 am »

Watch out for daimo he's always stealing your lighters
Pages: 1 ... 8505 8506 [8507] 8508 8509 ... 11037