Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8487 8488 [8489] 8490 8491 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14544595 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #127320 on: October 05, 2017, 05:26:45 pm »

This does not appear to be random loss of bladder control. We don't find messes in the middle of the floor, or in her favorite windows, or such places that you would expect random accidents to strike. It is always on somebody's stuff, usually somewhere she had to seek out specifically.

There's only one cat in the household, but I got her young enough (probably too young) that humans could easily be triggering her territoriality instincts. A need for more attention is also a plausible explanation.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #127321 on: October 05, 2017, 05:28:34 pm »

So I come home from school with my laptop in my backpack.

I place my laptop on my desk. I've got four LEGOs that I use to elevate the laptop in an attempt to improve airflow, and I think I spend the better part of two minutes properly fitting the laptop in place atop the LEGOs (the little pads on the laptop's bottom are able to fit in between the bumps that are on top of the LEGOs.

When I reach into my backpack, I notice my laptop is missing.

I freak out for the better part of a minute before I remember that I put the laptop on my desk.

What the hell is wrong with me? (Aside from not enough sleep, but that's basically a natural state for a significant portion of this forum, right?)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #127322 on: October 05, 2017, 05:33:21 pm »

So I come home from school with my laptop in my backpack.

I place my laptop on my desk. I've got four LEGOs that I use to elevate the laptop in an attempt to improve airflow, and I think I spend the better part of two minutes properly fitting the laptop in place atop the LEGOs (the little pads on the laptop's bottom are able to fit in between the bumps that are on top of the LEGOs.

When I reach into my backpack, I notice my laptop is missing.

I freak out for the better part of a minute before I remember that I put the laptop on my desk.

What the hell is wrong with me? (Aside from not enough sleep, but that's basically a natural state for a significant portion of this forum, right?)
Is there any reason why you wouldn't glue those legos on there so you don't have to do that every time?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #127323 on: October 05, 2017, 05:35:52 pm »

I don't glue the legos on. I just rest the computer on top of them is all.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127324 on: October 05, 2017, 05:36:44 pm »

Pretty much everyone gets the "where did I put that thing thats right in front of me?", being tired makes it worse or happen more often.

On cats:
That really sounds like territory issues now. Paying attention to her will help her realise she doesn't need to compete with humans and that you are part of the same group as her.

Glue+lego+underside of laptop could go wrong, the glue could melt due to the laptop's heat (unlikely) or attach the laptop to whatever surface its sitting on when the glue is applied (far more likely) or into important vents (if you apply the glue and lego with the laptop staying upside down).
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #127325 on: October 05, 2017, 06:30:47 pm »

I know. I was suggesting you glue them on to save yourself some time, if you think it would be worth having sharp legos on the bottom of your laptop.

Glue+lego+underside of laptop could go wrong, the glue could melt due to the laptop's heat (unlikely) or attach the laptop to whatever surface its sitting on when the glue is applied (far more likely) or into important vents (if you apply the glue and lego with the laptop staying upside down).
Haha, all of those possibilities are startlingly unlikely. Don't most people in North America have a hot glue gun? That's what I envisioned using. The glue from that is going to be secure and your laptop would have to be running hot enough to burn your skin to melt the adhesive from one of those! Laptops have vents in different places but really, how are you accidentally going to squirt glue into one of those?

Some more reasonable reasons not to glue legos to your laptop would be:
- They make it uncomfortable to put on your lap
- It might not fit as well in its case/bag
- I will look ridiculous with legos glued to my laptop
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 06:32:19 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #127326 on: October 05, 2017, 06:45:18 pm »

You are growing up. Your brain is dying...
Haha you where probably occupied with other thoughts as muscle memory took over assuming you do the laptop placement like that often its become second nature.
But my guess is your brain is rotting.
××××××××××××××××××

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #127327 on: October 05, 2017, 07:29:25 pm »

Oh well, at least you didn't wander all over the house looking for your glasses. You know, the glasses you are wearing? Yeah, those glasses. *sigh*
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #127328 on: October 05, 2017, 08:41:32 pm »

You don't need to glue entire Lego stacks to your laptop bottom, just little flat pieces to attach the rest of the stack to.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #127329 on: October 05, 2017, 08:43:20 pm »

You don't need to glue Legos to your laptop.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127330 on: October 05, 2017, 08:46:32 pm »

Well we don't need to masturbate, either, smarty-pants.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127331 on: October 05, 2017, 08:49:39 pm »

I'm not saying you should glue lego on the bottom of your laptop.

I just find it funny that your answer to "Why don't you do this thing?" is "I don't do this thing."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #127332 on: October 05, 2017, 08:53:52 pm »

Well we don't need to masturbate 5 times a day, either, stained-pants.
Ftfy
××××××××××××××××××

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #127333 on: October 05, 2017, 09:12:47 pm »

I'm not saying you should glue lego on the bottom of your laptop.

I just find it funny that your answer to "Why don't you do this thing?" is "I don't do this thing."

It’s because I misread the posters question. Probably due to brain rotting.

Basically, even though I took a bit to get the legos in place, gluing them just didn’t seem worth the trouble.

There’s also the fact I’m not all that great at arts and crafts that involve glue...

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #127334 on: October 05, 2017, 09:14:12 pm »

Please do not quote:

I fear I am somehow coming across as heavy handed in interpersonal relationships lately.

This may be an unintentional side effect of injury. I'm faking smiles because of pain, etc.

I used to be somewhat adept at that. Lost the touch recently? Unsure.

Please do not quote:
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.
Pages: 1 ... 8487 8488 [8489] 8490 8491 ... 11037