Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8486 8487 [8488] 8489 8490 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14544983 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #127305 on: October 05, 2017, 05:36:28 am »

PC keyboards have input lags, but I've seen that what he's talking about on controllers too. Although if you're interested, the new Killer Instinct just released, and from experience the inputs for combos(but not necessarily C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERS!) and special moves were more forgiving in that series than Street Fighter. On the other hand, the new KI has microtransactions.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127306 on: October 05, 2017, 05:51:54 am »

Most fighters I have on ps4, and so I play them on a gamepad.  Skullgirls I played with a 360 controller.  KI would probably require an xbox one, I doubt it'd work well on my comp.

I know a lot of the hardcore fighting game players use arcade stick set ups.  Don't know if such a thing would benefit me, seems like they do it because they grew up on arcade games.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #127307 on: October 05, 2017, 05:57:24 am »

Domo arigato

Most fighters I have on ps4, and so I play them on a gamepad.  Skullgirls I played with a 360 controller.  KI would probably require an xbox one, I doubt it'd work well on my comp.

I know a lot of the hardcore fighting game players use arcade stick set ups.  Don't know if such a thing would benefit me, seems like they do it because they grew up on arcade games.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #127308 on: October 05, 2017, 06:44:12 am »

How long have you been wanting to do that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #127309 on: October 05, 2017, 06:56:41 am »

Love, scriver~

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #127310 on: October 05, 2017, 07:28:10 am »

They do it because it’s waaaaay easier to consistently Dragon Punch with an arcsde stick.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #127311 on: October 05, 2017, 07:30:54 am »

I've heard mixed things on that, but most modern fighters can apparently be played on controller just about  fine. Injustice in particular, I've heard was designed for controller.

Tekken 7, meanwhile, is apparently actually optimally played on a keyboard but much harder to get into if you do decide to use one.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #127312 on: October 05, 2017, 07:39:53 am »

Bumber has a channel.
When I find a bone I dig
××××××××××××××××××

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127313 on: October 05, 2017, 09:08:33 am »

As I made my way from the library to the train station earlier today (I'd been picking up my reserved copy of 'Yoink For Dummies' plus some novel chosen mostly at random to make it an even number of books) I happened to spot a poster to one side of the street.
"Glitch Hop Thursdays", it said. Below that were a few names, presumably belonging to DJs, and an address that, to my shock, was just around the corner from my house. I recognised the name of one of the DJs, too - in fact I've seen her DJ quite a few times since I started going to these electronica thingies.

After I'd finished doing all the shit I had to do today (mostly buying flares) and returned home, I decided, after some deliberation, to go check it out. The bar the event in question was at is this rather tacky little place I've walked past a few times in the past (usually on the other side of the street) without paying it much notice, but with... actually you know what, I am kind of tired so I think I shall just Tl;Dr this so's I can go clean my teeth and head to bed. Suffice to say, it was good - not as well-attended as it should be, but good - and a way cooler thing than I would expect to encounter in my cruddy, Northside outer suburb. Whoa. Also they had eight dollar pints! I back it.

Tl;dr: There's a weekly friggin' "glitch hop" night at a bar just around the corner from my house, featuring d'n'b and jungle and dub and all those sorts of electronic music that are actually worth listening to.

All they need is a decent crowd. I'm gonna do my best to coerce every friend I have with an interest in such things to come along next time. I can be quite persuasive.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #127314 on: October 05, 2017, 05:06:08 pm »

Sitting at my computer doing gaming stuff with several rulebooks. Set the rulebook on the floor next to me while working. Go to use the rulebook only to find that the cat has pissed all over it.

Luckily, she only managed to get the cheap three-ring binder and the $15 add on module instead of the $50 main book, but I still have to replace several things, and I don't have the slightest clue why she's doing crap like this. She's fully capable of getting to the litter box at will (and usually does), but has lately been going out of her way to hit other things instead.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127315 on: October 05, 2017, 05:11:15 pm »

Either she is unwell or you annoyed her somehow. Or she got spooked. Generally a cat won't do that randomly if it has been litter trained.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #127316 on: October 05, 2017, 05:13:01 pm »

Sitting at my computer doing gaming stuff with several rulebooks. Set the rulebook on the floor next to me while working. Go to use the rulebook only to find that the cat has pissed all over it.

Luckily, she only managed to get the cheap three-ring binder and the $15 add on module instead of the $50 main book, but I still have to replace several things, and I don't have the slightest clue why she's doing crap like this. She's fully capable of getting to the litter box at will (and usually does), but has lately been going out of her way to hit other things instead.

Either she is unwell or you annoyed her somehow. Or she got spooked. Generally a cat won't do that randomly if it has been litter trained.

Shit. This is almost singable

Sitting at my computer doing
gaming stuff with several rulebooks.
Set the rulebook on the floor
next to me while workiiing.
Go to use the rulebook
only to find that the cat has pissed all over it.
only to find that the cat has pissed all over it..
pissed all over it...

Go to use the rulebook
only to find that the cat has pissed on it...
Either she is unwell
 or you annoyed her somehow. ...
Or
she got spooked
Generally a cat... wont do that randomly, uuh.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:16:09 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #127317 on: October 05, 2017, 05:14:33 pm »

She doesn't act sick. She has plenty of energy, isn't making any pain noises, or throwing up. Annoyed, possibly, as I have been trying to keep her from climbing on my desk and computer - which I do by picking her up and setting her back on the ground. Spooked seems unlikely.

I suspect it may have something to do with not having had her fixed yet, as she's still fairly young.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #127318 on: October 05, 2017, 05:17:32 pm »

It could be a territory thing, even with females, but it could also be that shes upset about something. Maybe she doesnt think shes getting enough attention and pampering. I guess you could try taking her to the vet if you can afford it, but even sick cats will make an effort to use their litter box, and probably wont piss on random objects.

Ive got a cat like that, shes perfectly healthy and litter box trained but if shes allowed to stay inside shell just piss on our clothes or something. Shes a great barn cat i guess. Very friendly

Our mother cat right now isnt taking care of her babies. Im afraid were gonna lose two of them because theyre so weak and i cant get them to eat from a syringe, but one of them is okay, i can feed him
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 05:22:30 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127319 on: October 05, 2017, 05:20:29 pm »

Some illnesses are only visible due to behaviour like random loss of bladder control. A young unfixed cat could be the issue though, females don't usually spray, are there other cats in your home? If so it could be territorial spraying which should stop when she gets fixed or used to sharing.
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."
Pages: 1 ... 8486 8487 [8488] 8489 8490 ... 11037