Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8485 8486 [8487] 8488 8489 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14545090 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #127290 on: October 04, 2017, 03:56:10 pm »

You want to relocate on Gunner-Chan?

B-b-baka.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #127291 on: October 04, 2017, 03:57:38 pm »

Unfortunately the "Inside a squid" act of 2013 restricts immigration to cute girls, with a preference to pointed or rabbit ears.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127292 on: October 04, 2017, 04:26:25 pm »

I am honestly surprised none of the previous few posts has made it to the OoC thread.

Meanwhile, I've had a massive headache today, and every single noise felt like it was massively amplified to the point that something happening on the other side of a room sounded like it was right next to my ear. Work was nothing but people shouting, slamming stuff or breaking stuff(often glass), and as I was leaving no less than two people screamed right next to my ear.

Also, my stepdad seemed to be upset that I used the microwave without also turning on its built-in exhaust fan that I didn't know(or care) was there. Apparently it makes condensation disappear, I would assume merely by its very presence because I've never actually seen condensation in the thing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #127293 on: October 04, 2017, 05:10:47 pm »

Graveyard shift suuucks

Indeed it does. But extra pay!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #127294 on: October 04, 2017, 06:58:46 pm »

Still not worth fucking your sleep cycle.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #127295 on: October 04, 2017, 07:38:37 pm »

Still not worth fucking your sleep cycle.

This is why you maintain night shift hours, so you become immortal vampire supreme nocturnal.

Say nothing of the humans diurnal wiring, this is totally how it works.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127296 on: October 04, 2017, 07:50:08 pm »

One of the latest Nobel prizes was about that, actually?
https://www.popsci.com/2017-nobel-prize-physiology-medicine
It's a breakthrough but not in the "results" sense just yet, but they uncovered some secrets of our corporeal existence.  Maaaaybe even our time limits.  That's pretty cool.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #127297 on: October 04, 2017, 10:45:46 pm »

On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #127298 on: October 04, 2017, 11:36:01 pm »

adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #127299 on: October 05, 2017, 12:19:41 am »

Graveyard shift suuucks

If you're lucky.

I only get the base starting pay. Its just so damn tiring
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127300 on: October 05, 2017, 01:35:22 am »

Graveyard shift suuucks

If you're lucky.

I only get the base starting pay. Its just so damn tiring

I'm glad you have decided to join the nocturnal covenant. Soon, daylight will be nothing but a myth to you. We are night brothers now, earning our keep under the stars.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #127301 on: October 05, 2017, 02:25:12 am »

I'm glad you have decided to join the nocturnal covenant. Soon, daylight will be nothing but a myth to you. We are night brothers now, earning our keep under the stars.

Come to the dark side :P

In related news, it is 3:30 AM here... I should go to bed.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127302 on: October 05, 2017, 04:46:11 am »

My current job requires me at work on 4 AM on tuesdays.  Its the days (nights?) that the trucks arrive and we restock the store, until about 1 PM.  Although the feed restocking is done on wednesdays.  Sometimes I have to be in at 5 AM on thursdays to do backstock (whatever we got on tuesdays but had no shelf space for) and recovery (making sure the shelves look right, replacing misplaced stuff, and generally cleaning up).

----

Meanwhile, I just don't get Street Fighter style fighting games.  Quarter circle special moves I can get to actually work about 50% of the time.  The wacky "shurioken" Z motion was maybe 25% but I've maybe gotten it to quarter circle accuracy.  "Charge" moves, where you hold back and then snap forward with an attack button, I get to work 33% of the time.  I can't intuit when a charge is "ready", and I swear its different across games.  I the character designs I like in a lot of games get stuck with charge moves.  And I don't want to think about half and full circle motions, fuck that shit.

At least in Street Fighter itself, I can't intuit how to combo normals and stuff together.  Either I'm not using the right moves or there's an exact timing.

Meanwhile, give me a netherream game (Mortal Kombat or Injustice) and I'm pretty golden.  Special moves are so much easier for me to pull off (input two directions and a button) and combos work on a queuing system, you just have to give the inputs quickly, not necessarily in a specific cadence and the combo works.  I could even do the goofy-ass 8 string combos Deadly Alliance had where you swapped between styles mid-combo.

It frustrates me so because sooo many more fighting games adopt street fighter style controls.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127303 on: October 05, 2017, 05:01:13 am »

Graveyard shift suuucks

If you're lucky.

Graveyard shift is the best, though?

Hell yes it is!  You dont have all those damned suits and other self-important morons up your arse on the graveyard shift. 3rd shift is best shift!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #127304 on: October 05, 2017, 05:08:49 am »

Meanwhile, I just don't get Street Fighter style fighting games.  Quarter circle special moves I can get to actually work about 50% of the time.  The wacky "shurioken" Z motion was maybe 25% but I've maybe gotten it to quarter circle accuracy.  "Charge" moves, where you hold back and then snap forward with an attack button, I get to work 33% of the time.  I can't intuit when a charge is "ready", and I swear its different across games.  I the character designs I like in a lot of games get stuck with charge moves.  And I don't want to think about half and full circle motions, fuck that shit.

Are you playing with a keyboard? Fighting games are generally much more finicky about pressing buttons than rotating sticks. Even that quarter-circle motion becomes the incredibly specific move of "hold down, hold right/left, release down, release right/left, press attack button", which you then have to do extremely quickly and flawlessly to actually get the move out, and even if you do it just right your keyboard might not register the moment where you held both directional keys down.

This is pretty much the reason I don't play fighting games, as I've never really 'figured out' gamepads and find playing with them uncomfortable.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 8485 8486 [8487] 8488 8489 ... 11037