Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8466 8467 [8468] 8469 8470 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14518350 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #127005 on: September 26, 2017, 05:20:48 pm »

Yeah, he's gone now. Oddly, it wasn't a tow truck that came, but his wife came with a chain to tow the truck out herself.

Here in this town, we are nothing if not professional.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127006 on: September 26, 2017, 05:22:54 pm »

Sounds like an independent contractor. Lot of delivery companies use those and don't admit it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Khan Boyzitbig

• Bay Watcher
  • [THOUGHTS:CHAOTIC] [ACTUALLY A SWAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #127007 on: September 26, 2017, 05:23:40 pm »

Maybe his wife's job is towing vehicles? At least its not littering your home anymore right?
////;::;\\\\ Scuttle Scuttle...

Milk for the Khorneflakes!

Luminous Bolt of Bacon
"Excuse me sir, You are on Fire."

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #127008 on: September 26, 2017, 05:26:11 pm »

Maybe his wife's job is towing vehicles? At least its not littering your home anymore right?

It is in fact no longer in the driveway, so yay there.

Sounds like an independent contractor. Lot of delivery companies use those and don't admit it.

Maybe. I dunno, I didn't think about that possibility.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #127009 on: September 26, 2017, 06:10:55 pm »

Regardless of the argument of boiling bleach, it's been sorted.

Guy came, took the plug apart and used the shower to basically force all the hair down the pipe.

So, basically making it much harder to remove it, should it get stuck somewhere further along the line, then?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NEANDERTHAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127010 on: September 26, 2017, 06:19:02 pm »

Yesterday, I heard an air raid siren kind of quietly ay around 3pm in central connecticut. Only went for two cycles then went silent. WTF.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #127011 on: September 26, 2017, 06:25:43 pm »

Yesterday, I heard an air raid siren kind of quietly ay around 3pm in central connecticut. Only went for two cycles then went silent. WTF.
Two cycles is Wildlings.  Pray you never hear three cycles.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127012 on: September 26, 2017, 06:53:50 pm »

Could have been a test. Also could have been a firehouse alarm. I know several firehouses around here sound off what sounds like an air raid siren.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127013 on: September 26, 2017, 06:54:14 pm »

Ayyyy, Connecticut buddies!
Black lives matter.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #127014 on: September 26, 2017, 07:11:35 pm »

There are tornado sirens around where I live that get tested every so often (one at noon on a Saturday, which I take as announcing when I get to go home for the weekend) might've been something like that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #127015 on: September 26, 2017, 07:22:09 pm »

Over here in the Netherlands, our air raid sirens are tested every first monday of the month, at 12:00.
Ofcourse, since that's been a thing for at least 39 years (all my life), every nation in the world knows that if you want to bomb the Netherlands, to do that on the first monday of the month, at noon. No one will believe the air raid siren is for real.

Ofcourse, even if people were to believe the siren is for real, it would still be useless, since we don't have any bomb shelters.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127016 on: September 26, 2017, 07:28:06 pm »

Also even if you didn't attack at that particular time, people would either be like "oh, it's siren time. guess that means it's monday." or like "oh, sounds like they rung it at the wrong time".

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127017 on: September 26, 2017, 07:40:21 pm »

every nation in the world knows that if you want to bomb the Netherlands, to do that on the first monday of the month, at noon. No one will believe the air raid siren is for real.

They do now, you fool!!!

*maniacal laughter, releases the flying monkeys*
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #127018 on: September 26, 2017, 09:25:38 pm »

Over here in the Netherlands, our air raid sirens are tested every first monday of the month, at 12:00.
Ofcourse, since that's been a thing for at least 39 years (all my life), every nation in the world knows that if you want to bomb the Netherlands, to do that on the first monday of the month, at noon. No one will believe the air raid siren is for real.

Ofcourse, even if people were to believe the siren is for real, it would still be useless, since we don't have any bomb shelters.
...why is that system still being maintained?  Like, when was the last time it was actually needed?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #127019 on: September 26, 2017, 09:42:05 pm »

Even if it is specifically an attack alarm instead of the general DISASTER IS COMING! warning system we use in the US, the Netherlands would be a primary target if the tensions between Russia and NATO ever went hot.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 8466 8467 [8468] 8469 8470 ... 11037