Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8460 8461 [8462] 8463 8464 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14519672 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126915 on: September 23, 2017, 12:07:52 pm »

The end result of this conversation is that idiots are weak to psychic attacks and underdressed women.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126916 on: September 23, 2017, 12:13:12 pm »

idiots should especially beware underdressed psychic women.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126917 on: September 23, 2017, 12:20:05 pm »

Indeed, if we suspend our disbelief for a moment, and presume that psychic women exist, then naked ones would, due to their status as true psychics, KNOW that you are looking at them lustfully (which tends to be the first mode of thought of your typical male idiot), and they are statistically likely to take exception to this, as we have a valid analog model in perfectly normal women taking exception to such behavior, only with perfect awareness that the idiot is indeed oogling them.

Given the prevalence of physical attacks from women against idiot men under such circumstances, (often leading to nosebleed), we can safely presume that should psychic women indeed exist, and that they are naked, they are likely to perform powerful psychic attacks the very instant they are observed by a male idiot.

At which point, it would become experimentally difficult to determine if it is the psychic attack itself that causes the nosebleed, or if it is the poor self control of the idiot resulting in a sudden spike in bloodpressure from observing the naked psychic woman that causes it.

Given this dilemma, should it be proven that naked psychic women do indeed exist, I propose that a double blind clinical experiment involving psychic women, ordinary women, states of undress, and idiot men be conducted to determine how these effects manifest in terms of instance of nosebleed in idiot male humans.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126918 on: September 23, 2017, 12:52:35 pm »

I think it's much more likely that psychic women are not walking around naked, but are instead constantly scanning nearby men for thoughts of lust in the vicinity of uncommonly pretty girls in a state of partial undress, and causing nosebleeds incognito.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #126919 on: September 23, 2017, 01:05:52 pm »

Or doing the Egwene-al-Vere-approved backside spanking.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126920 on: September 23, 2017, 03:27:57 pm »

Psychics are hot.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #126921 on: September 23, 2017, 04:41:32 pm »

psychics are terrifying. Nobody needs to know whats going on in your head
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126922 on: September 23, 2017, 04:48:03 pm »

Psychics are hot.

Pyrokinesis is hot.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #126923 on: September 23, 2017, 05:32:06 pm »

psychics are terrifying. Nobody needs to know whats going on in your head
I think people should know what's going on in their own head. If no one knows, then where's your head at

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #126924 on: September 23, 2017, 05:47:08 pm »

adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #126925 on: September 23, 2017, 05:48:31 pm »

That's EA Sports. Try again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

overseer05-15

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #126926 on: September 23, 2017, 06:21:49 pm »

That's EA Sports. Try again.
No, EA has it (tm) in the game. We were talking about Eric Blank's head, not it (tm).
adult food like, I presume, steak and potatoes and tax forms,

My game giveaway

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126927 on: September 23, 2017, 06:23:53 pm »

Got DVD of Rogue One for cheap, I hope it's good. My WTF is that a little dumbfuck part of my brain is still willing to give Star Wars a chance after it's so completely gone to shit as a franchise. Even worse than the prequels days. At least the prequels added new ideas and tied into an overarching plot.

Been thinking about Force Awakens a bit again recently. Personally I think it's a stinker of a movie on it's own merits. If that thing didn't have the Star Wars name on it, it would probably have been completely panned as an overblown incoherent mess of a film. e.g. 2015's equivalent of Water World.

One of many criticisms is it's use of the "mcguffin". The whole plot is about "finding the thingamagig" using the clues, however by the end of the movie, they only just found it. And everything that happened on the way was entirely circumstantial to the goal. It was basically a rip-off of the main plot of Star Wars IV: A New Hope, except, in A New Hope, all the plot points tied together in a meaningful way. e.g. the finale couldn't make sense if you removed any of the plot elements. With "Force Awakens" virtually none of the sequences was integral to the actual quest plot.

all the shit that happens is just shit that happened while a loose "we gotta find so and so" plot happens during the breaks in the action. e.g. the big rebel battle at the end of Force Awakens could have been completely omitted from the story without really affecting the plot in any way. That's the equivalent of saying "well the Death Star battle isn't really integral to the plot of Star Wars", for a comparison. The entire need for this battle was basically a plot convenience excuse to dust of the x-wings for a big fight scene. It had no integral connection to the actual story they were telling.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 06:40:41 pm by Reelya »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #126928 on: September 23, 2017, 06:24:31 pm »

So in about one page, we've gone from nosebleeds to underdressed psychics to EA Sports.

Welcome to Bay12.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #126929 on: September 23, 2017, 06:28:37 pm »

Leave sanity out of this.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8460 8461 [8462] 8463 8464 ... 11037