Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8447 8448 [8449] 8450 8451 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14521425 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126720 on: September 13, 2017, 09:06:02 pm »

Fackin' foreigners and their fackin' languages.

THIS IS THE INTERNET, EVERYONE ON THE INTERNET SPEAKS ENGLISH.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126721 on: September 13, 2017, 09:08:58 pm »

I finally got to participate in one of my Buddhist meetings. It went well. When bicycling home I badly misjudged when an intersection's lights were going to change and I almost got hit by a car. I feel I should be far more upset about this than I am, to the point where I'm catching myself TRYING to be upset about it, so wtf me?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126722 on: September 14, 2017, 12:10:07 am »

Maybe you subconsciously know that the  accomplishment of taking your first steps on your spiritual path to enlightenment is more important than the fact that your physical path almost overlapped with that of the car?

My WTF: woke up super late, well after my regular appointment would usually be, struggled into wakefulness and rushed off tto the train station after two failed attempts to call my provider. I finally managed to get ahold of them as I waited for the train, only to be informed that they'd cancelled all/most appointments today for some reason I didn't catch, and that I'd been supposed to receive a notification to that effect.
So, that was a relief.

But here's the main wtf: as I began wandering back from the station (good thing I made that call before getting on a train), I considered popping into the library to grab a few books, before also hitting up the supermarket in a bit of a detour on my way home.
I realised, though, that I had left my library card at home in my jacket. Dang, oh well, I could just grab books another time. Here's the crux of the WTF, though - I realised that I was without my library card but it somehow didn't occur to my that my bank card was also in the same place.

I wandered into the supermarket and pondered my purchases for some time, changing my mind on something at least once, getting all the way to the checkout and even scanning my items before I finally realised my mistake. Jeez.

I guess I do shit like that when I'm this tired.
Hadn't even had time for a coffee before I left the house. What a big ol' waste of time. X_x
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #126723 on: September 14, 2017, 02:02:10 am »

I finally got to participate in one of my Buddhist meetings. It went well. When bicycling home I badly misjudged when an intersection's lights were going to change and I almost got hit by a car. I feel I should be far more upset about this than I am, to the point where I'm catching myself TRYING to be upset about it, so wtf me?
When my anxiety was really bad in the past it made crossing streets difficult.  Now that I'm more chilled out, I'm still cautious around cars I just don't feel much emotion about it.  Good learning is making a mistake exactly once, no point in letting it derail you.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #126724 on: September 14, 2017, 03:02:38 am »

I just encountered a YouTube channel that confused me extremely for a good 10 minutes or so am I allowed to leave today here or would that be considered advertising?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126725 on: September 14, 2017, 06:40:53 am »

Considering the fact that we have "other games" where people literally post about games that other people sell for money, I'm pretty sure listing a free YouTube channel isn't against the forum guidelines.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126726 on: September 14, 2017, 07:11:11 am »

You may be confusing Reddit guidelines with our guidelines.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126727 on: September 14, 2017, 07:46:28 am »

I wanna talk about the stuff on my mind but I also don't wanna talk about the stuff on my mind. Damnit.
Oh well, suffice it to say I am quite nervous about tomorrow morning. I shall sleep now, rather than getting distracted and going in search of the Nervous thread. Wish me luck?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126728 on: September 14, 2017, 11:55:12 am »

Welp. There are mosquitoes in the basement of my apartment block. Again.
They come up through the vent shafts at night, and drink my blood while I sleep.
I wish I could fucking burn them all.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #126729 on: September 14, 2017, 12:47:35 pm »

I wanna talk about the stuff on my mind but I also don't wanna talk about the stuff on my mind. Damnit.
Oh well, suffice it to say I am quite nervous about tomorrow morning. I shall sleep now, rather than getting distracted and going in search of the Nervous thread. Wish me luck?

Channeling your inner Neo?

But no, you will not be wished luck, because we all know you'll kick its ass anyway, whatever it is.

(so long as it's not meeting a romantic partner for a first date. don't kick ass then, do as Descan would do)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126730 on: September 14, 2017, 01:08:42 pm »

what started as flirting with a fitness trainer became a job opportunity.

hunh
nothing special, just ptime desk jockey and towel collector, but i am looking for an on the side job and the gym is an ideal place for me.

and also I could futility try to hit on more gals too
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126731 on: September 14, 2017, 03:55:23 pm »

I got PS4 Diablo III for my birthday.  The game's alright, the second is the best one, but I expected 3 to basically be a "beer n pretzels" kinda game anyway.  But I feel like I utterly broke the game on my first playthrough.  I rolled Barbarian, went for hardcore mode because why not.  I figured difficulties worked like DII's did (basically a series of new game +'s) and went with normal difficulty.  I'm about midway through Act III I think.

Basically, since maybe halfway through Act I, nothing can harm my character.  I've unwittingly stacked health regen and health on-hit items such that I outheal whatever damage I might face.  I've dropped below 50% health maybe once or twice.  Outside of the ongoing plot the game's sort of become me watching a war god just sort of walk through dungeons and mows down creeps and I see how high the massacre counter can go.  The game tries to hype up bosses and such as enemies but I just end up grinding through their big health pools while taking effectively no damage.

Sure, its on easy mode, but in DII even on normal mode enemies were still a threat to you.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126732 on: September 14, 2017, 04:05:40 pm »

Were you the Bay12er who shared some neat Diablo 2 hardcore deaths?  Regardless, they may have aimed the first difficulty at people... less familiar with Diablo 2 than you.  Possibly people like my friends and I, who never actually completed Nightmare mode.  We've beat Normal a lot of times, on and off over the years, but as a group were never really excited to beat Nightmare.

Probably because it required actual optimization, and we just wanted to party up for some occasionally-tricky slaying :P

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt, and not saying that D3's normal would be boring for us.  We did have considerable trouble with parts of D2 normal.  Especially freakin Duriel, frick.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #126733 on: September 14, 2017, 04:20:03 pm »

D3 normal difficulty is a joke, though you can raise it to hard before clearing the game. Afterwards, you can set it as high as you want without having to do multiple runs.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126734 on: September 14, 2017, 04:24:07 pm »

Pretend to be persuadable and start feeling them out on various other conspiracies. Try sovereign citizenship.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 8447 8448 [8449] 8450 8451 ... 11037