Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8433 8434 [8435] 8436 8437 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14526854 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126510 on: September 07, 2017, 03:42:09 pm »

Aaaand it's gone. Praise the Toad.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #126511 on: September 07, 2017, 03:46:33 pm »

Muaaaaaaaaaaaaah the spam, it's always been noted for its French excellence

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126512 on: September 07, 2017, 04:50:05 pm »

My nan's neighbour took their dog to some dog-care centre for a hair cut. Apparently there was some kind of mix-up and the place put the dog up for sale.

Edit: clarification.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 05:49:46 pm by BlackFlyme »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126513 on: September 07, 2017, 04:51:41 pm »

My nan's neighbour took their dog to some dog-care centre for a hair cut. Apparently there was some kind of mix-up and the place sold the dog.
How the hell did that happen?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126514 on: September 07, 2017, 04:52:54 pm »

No clue. I guess the place also sells or adopts out dogs as well.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #126515 on: September 07, 2017, 05:36:37 pm »

My nan's neighbour took their dog to some dog-care centre for a hair cut. Apparently there was some kind of mix-up and the place sold the dog.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I bloody well hope they kept a receipt to get doggo back

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126516 on: September 07, 2017, 05:44:39 pm »

I'd imagine they wouldn't have any paperwork to prevent her from getting her dog back, since she only found out because they came to her door asking her to sign some forms.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126517 on: September 07, 2017, 05:46:17 pm »

Holy shit that's terrible. I hope they can trace the buyers and get their dog back. If it were my dog, I'd not rest until I got it back.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126518 on: September 07, 2017, 05:54:18 pm »

I don't think it left the facility, since the adoption forms weren't finished, but at least one person inquired about the dog.

Completely incompetent if they did. Even more so, I mean.

Though she doesn't have her dog back yet, last I heard.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126519 on: September 07, 2017, 05:55:56 pm »

It could become a legal nightmare if the buyers already got handed ownership papers and refuse to return it.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126520 on: September 07, 2017, 10:21:16 pm »

Go to a doctor for an ear infection. He shoves some looking device in my ear (very painful) says "yup, that's infected." then goes and looks in the other ear, just shoving the device right in again, no cleaning it or getting an ear condom or anything. I think he infected my not infected ear, as it's started to itch. I'm hoping the medicine he gave me clears up both ears, but sorta like. What the fuck.

Maybe the itching is just psychosomatic or the infection spread naturally, that's totally possible.... Idk, but it feels weird. I've not had an ear inspection in like 15 years, but weren't ear condom things on those things a thing?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:23:20 pm by Criptfeind »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126521 on: September 07, 2017, 11:21:08 pm »

Go to a doctor for an ear infection. He shoves some looking device in my ear (very painful) says "yup, that's infected." then goes and looks in the other ear, just shoving the device right in again, no cleaning it or getting an ear condom or anything. I think he infected my not infected ear, as it's started to itch. I'm hoping the medicine he gave me clears up both ears, but sorta like. What the fuck.

Maybe the itching is just psychosomatic or the infection spread naturally, that's totally possible.... Idk, but it feels weird. I've not had an ear inspection in like 15 years, but weren't ear condom things on those things a thing?
Perhaps it's just placebo effect, but he definitely shouldn't have shoved the device in the other ear without changing it. I would recommend going to a different doctor, as this one doesn't seem to know what he's doing.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126522 on: September 07, 2017, 11:31:56 pm »

Last doc I went to for an ear infection did the exact same thing... Uh, last week.

'Course, both my ears were already infected, so Eh.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126523 on: September 08, 2017, 03:08:10 am »

I seem to have lost access to very specific sites on the internet. Facebook and google in particular, along with an SSH connection to a server I was doing some work on. Thankfully I had my work saved before it happened.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126524 on: September 08, 2017, 04:33:24 am »

Perhaps it's just placebo effect, but he definitely shouldn't have shoved the device in the other ear without changing it. I would recommend going to a different doctor, as this one doesn't seem to know what he's doing.

Yeah, that's definitely a bad doctor. Are you sure he was licensed?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 8433 8434 [8435] 8436 8437 ... 11037