Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8431 8432 [8433] 8434 8435 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14527195 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #126480 on: September 06, 2017, 07:51:45 pm »

Holy crap, is that legal there? You'd be roasted over the fire for such signs in Australia, you just couldn't do it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126481 on: September 06, 2017, 07:54:50 pm »

No, actually it's illegal. It's just that most foreign students don't know it's illegal
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126482 on: September 06, 2017, 07:55:07 pm »

I knew they had a reputation for racism, but I didn't know things were quite that awful in The Netherlands. If you did that in the USA you'd probably end up on the 6 o' clock news one way or another.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126483 on: September 06, 2017, 07:57:54 pm »

The underlying issue is probably a housing shortage then, because only that empowers people to be pricks about who can and can't stay. The best solution would be for the government to create student-only accomodation. That would alleviate the shortage without causing a price spike (like rent subsidies would), or creating ghettos (like housing estates would).
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 07:59:35 pm by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126484 on: September 06, 2017, 07:58:58 pm »

Trust me, racism is 100x worse in the US. We don't shoot black people over here. This is just policy of a minority of stupid student dorms that in no way ought to be representative for the Netherlands as a whole

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126485 on: September 06, 2017, 08:14:15 pm »

Is...is that bait? I feel like that's bait.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126486 on: September 06, 2017, 08:25:28 pm »

Trust me, racism is 100x worse in the US. We don't shoot black people over here. This is just policy of a minority of stupid student dorms that in no way ought to be representative for the Netherlands as a whole
>loudly proclaims their nation is superior to degenerate American dogs
>doesn't laud the European master race as superior to all others and in need of preservation

What kind of supremacist are you!? :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #126487 on: September 06, 2017, 09:16:47 pm »

Pfft, you're, like, totally descended from my land's criminals, or something.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126488 on: September 06, 2017, 09:18:03 pm »

Pfft, you're, like, totally descended from my land's criminals poor people, or something.
FTFY

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #126489 on: September 06, 2017, 09:19:11 pm »

Pfft, you're, like, totally descended from my land's criminals poor people, or something.
FTFY

What's the difference? /lol
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126490 on: September 06, 2017, 09:32:11 pm »

Australia was England's dumping ground for surplus Irish and Scotsmen.

Seriously though the main reason was the industrial revolution. England's population had been steady for centuries, but spiked up after 1740 due to urbanization and the demand for labor. Mass deportation was one solution to the problems expressed in Dicken's novels such as Oliver Twist. The poor people who were setenced to transportation are routinely dismissed as criminal trash, but that's deflection so we don't have to actually think about who was profiting from all that misery.

However, transportation at the time, though defended on a fairly right-wing / classist / conservative basis was actually a very liberal reform at the time. Previously the legal system would merely publicly execute you for petty crimes such as stealing small amounts of food. Exile rather than state murder was seen as a liberalizing reform.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 09:46:21 pm by Reelya »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #126491 on: September 07, 2017, 08:34:52 am »

Hey now, we don't just shoot black people here. We're equal opportunity about it. As long as they're poor, no one cares.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126492 on: September 07, 2017, 08:40:19 am »

The underlying issue is probably a housing shortage then, because only that empowers people to be pricks about who can and can't stay. The best solution would be for the government to create student-only accomodation. That would alleviate the shortage without causing a price spike (like rent subsidies would), or creating ghettos (like housing estates would).
this

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126493 on: September 07, 2017, 08:44:44 am »

That spambot over in life advice. I don't think we've ever had anything like that. Fortunately it's limited to one section.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126494 on: September 07, 2017, 08:47:24 am »

Is...is that bait? I feel like that's bait.
I must admit it looks somewhat baity. Not intentional. In my defense, I was very drunk when I posted that.

Pages: 1 ... 8431 8432 [8433] 8434 8435 ... 11037